• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT| Relegated to Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tubie

Williams.gif

Happy Return of the EPL everyone!

What an amazing gif.

Lunar FC

Kölsch Bloot;245893030 said:
Maybe. I'm in the standing area and you do not break your phone out to snap pictures. You just go nuts and support your team until you have no voice left ;)

Fine, I'll settle for pictures inside the miserable bus ride then. 😕

T-Rex.

Banned
The Times said:
These Tottenham players’ frustrations are exacerbated by seeing Watford and West Ham United pay new signings nearly double the amount that they are on. Andre Gray, Watford’s £18.5 million signing from Burnley, will earn £95,000 a week at Vicarage Road, while Marko Arnautovic, who joined West Ham from Stoke City for £25 million, is on £110,000 a week.
I never realised it was that bad lol. Either they change their wage structure soon or their squad is going to get decimated.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
apparently Isco signed a new deal with a €700m release clause lol

This is going to be the new normal after Neymar

I never realised it was that bad lol. Either they change their wage structure soon or their squad is going to get decimated.

Spurs are smart. They're building a decent club on the back of youth and smart investment instead of getting drawn into the transfer madness. Football (especially English football) is littered with teams who overstretched trying to compete.

T-Rex.

Banned
Spurs are smart. They're building a decent club on the back of youth and smart investment instead of getting drawn into the transfer madness. Football (especially English football) is littered with teams who overstretched trying to compete.
True to an extent, but they have to compromise as well. I don't see how they expect to keep Kane, Alli etc by underpaying them, especially when you look at Lingard on £100k+ etc. Putting the pressure on can only keep the players at the club for so long.

Williams.gif

Happy Return of the EPL everyone!

I get the chills every time I see that vid. He could've been killed.

Rumours are Real Madrid sent Mbappé walking for asking the same wages PSG were prepared to offer him. Apparently PSG has offered €155M but Monaco wants €200M. If Mbappé goes to PSG there could be some cheap talent available including Di Maria and Pastore.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Rumours are Real Madrid sent Mbappé walking for asking the same wages PSG were prepared to offer him. Apparently PSG has offered €155M but Monaco wants €200M. If Mbappé goes to PSG there could be some cheap talent available including Di Maria and Pastore.

€200M for Mbappe would be stupid. €155M is already over the top.

Dadasch

Probably a 6-digit fine for Dembele incoming...good for Dortmund.
I'm proud of this club. Within a decade Watzke and Zorc formed a club which is even able to withstand these sums and they're not ready to bend the knee because some hotheaded 20yo wishes so.

DBT85

True to an extent, but they have to compromise as well. I don't see how they expect to keep Kane, Alli etc by underpaying them, especially when you look at Lingard on £100k+ etc. Putting the pressure on can only keep the players at the club for so long.

They'll keep them because Levy nailed them to 5 year deals in the last 18 months and he's a bastard if the club don;t want you to go. I'm sure he more readily than other teams would dock wages if you started huffing and puffing too much.

I kind of expect Alli and Eriksen to be gone in the next 2 summers though. Kane seems like he might be die hard Spurs.

I get the chills every time I see that vid. He could've been killed.

This is absurd. Neymar's fee was absurd and he's a proven superstar, Mbappé has had one good season.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Liverpool have released a statement about Coutinho:

We wish to offer clarity as regards our position on a possible transfer of Philippe Coutinho.

The club's definitive stance is that no offers for Philippe will be considered and he will remain a member of Liverpool Football Club when the summer window closes.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/amp/news/first-team/271620-fsg-statement-on-philippe-coutinho

Pretty adamant that he's not for sale. It's a good sign but I'm not taking it as gospel as I didn't believe their last statement about VVD either.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Peter Moore's having none of it.

He's getting a Phil tattoo as we speak

I'll get a tattoo of Peter Moore on my face if we keep Phil (I know he has nothing to do with transfers).

T-Rex.

Banned
They'll keep them because Levy nailed them to 5 year deals in the last 18 months and he's a bastard if the club don;t want you to go. I'm sure he more readily than other teams would dock wages if you started huffing and puffing too much.

I kind of expect Alli and Eriksen to be gone in the next 2 summers though. Kane seems like he might be die hard Spurs.
That's true. Honestly, I was fully expecting your lot to go in for Kane, I'm actually surprised (and glad) you didn't.

Liverpool have released a statement about Coutinho:

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/amp/news/first-team/271620-fsg-statement-on-philippe-coutinho

Pretty adamant that he's not for sale. It's a good sign but I'm not taking it as gospel as I didn't believe their last statement about VVD either.
Shat myself when I saw "official FSG statement on Coutinho" on twitter.

DBT85

That's true. Honestly, I was fully expecting your lot to go in for Kane, I'm actually surprised (and glad) you didn't.

Literally no point, Levy would say no to anything shy of £150m I think, even more so with the way this market has been this summer.

I think it's going to take a player really pushing for it for bigger PL clubs to do transfers between them (like Matic) now and you might start to see players not signing long extensions as readily if they are already established, just in case.

Markitron

My guess is that he's been promised a move next year, whilst I don't want to lose him, I can get on board with that. James Pearce said Barca had to cancel plans for his unveiling ceremony. If that's true, and I suspect it might be, it's the height of arrogance.

Shat myself when I saw "official FSG statement on Coutinho" on twitter.

You and me both

Perfect.

The feeling when your post on the first page isn't gonna bite you in the ass.

200.gif

Suppose for now we're just waiting for the Virgil thing to resolve itself. 90 mil bid after shipping 4 against Watford sound good?

Markitron

Literally no point, Levy would say no to anything shy of £150m I think, even more so with the way this market has been this summer.

I think it's going to take a player really pushing for it for bigger PL clubs to do transfers between them (like Matic) now and you might start to see players not signing long extensions as readily if they are already established, just in case.

I think the entire market has changed now. The Keita, VVD and Coutinho situtations have shown that bigger clubs can't just take who they want anymore, or at least nowhere near as easily as they used to.

Suppose for now we're just waiting for the Virgil thing to resolve itself. 90 mil bid after shipping 4 against Watford sound good?

Only if we score 5 :)

In all honesty, I can't see it happenning. Southampton won't sell to us, and I can't say I blame them. The backlash from their fans won't be worth it. I can't see VVD staying either after all that's gone on, so my money is on him going to Chelsea on deadline day for 50-60m. They can probably get one of Chelsea's 400 youth players as a sweetener as well.

How long until the Wenger out crowd kick up a fuss again even though they said they would shut the fuck up once he clarified his position?

I think it will be if they draw or loose tonight.

Markitron

Just a heads up that LFC are live streaming pre match pressers on youtube this season

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZUTRqTGA4k

Nice one, thanks.

How long until the Wenger out crowd kick up a fuss again even though they said they would shut the fuck up once he clarified his position?

Isn't it more or less known that he's leaving at the end of the season? I can see them being quieter than usual this season if so.

Isn't it more or less known that he's leaving at the end of the season? I can see them being quieter than usual this season if so.

Yup but I think the Wenger out crowd are full of shit. They need something to moan about and Wenger is the easy target and have been doing it far too long to just stop.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Saints games against Newcastle, West Brom, Brighton and Everton have all been moved for TV

I'm a Saints fan and even I recognise this is dire. If you pay for Sky or BT I can only apologise.

DBT85

If the performance is shit and they don't win they'll start tonight.

Markitron

Saints games against Newcastle, West Brom, Brighton and Everton have all been moved for TV

I'm a Saints fan and even I recognise this is dire. If you pay for Sky or BT I can only apologise.

I once had to take 2 days off work because a Liverpool game was moved from a Saturday to a Sunday, right pain in the tits.

kromeo

Yup but I think the Wenger out crowd are full of shit. They need something to moan about and Wenger is the easy target and have been doing it far too long to just stop.

Another FA cup isn't going to have changed anyone's opinion on Wenger, if someone wanted him gone last season they still will now

I've never called for him to be sacked but I hope this is his last contract

oilvomer

That Liverpool statement suggests to me a deal has been done for 1 more season ala Ronaldo

I fully expect they said to the player they had no chance of getting a replacement where they were not ripped off, I would expect to see Liverpool buy a replacement before he goes for 90 Mil next season

DBT85

Will be interesting to see if Couts still performs if he's been told he can leave next year.

As I said before, Arsenal fans are feeling about Wenger the same way United fans felt about Rooney. You've been amazing, thanks for everything, please leave so we can move on.

Doc_Drop

As I said before, Arsenal fans are feeling about Wenger the same way United fans felt about Rooney. You've been amazing, thanks for everything, please leave so we can move on.
Nail on the head, I think it's disrespectful for fans to want him fired, but I think he should have left already.

So after the Coutinho statement, Barca got their sights set on Eriksen?

Haha brilliant.

Also if we try and bid for VVD. Wonder if they'll do a similar thing then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom