• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT| Relegated to Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunar FC

6HzrNUw.png

Just a quick update saying the Head-to-Head league is closed from new entries at 50 teams.

Due to this I've made a Classic league that is now open for everybody, including those already in the head-to-head league and will remain open all season. Create your team here and join with the league code: 1857822-805650

For those who have already joined and people joining now make sure to visit the fantasy google doc so that you guys can tie your fantasy team name to your neogaf user name.

Links to the fantasy google doc along with the members and predictions pages can be found at the top of the OT for future reference.

Thanks!

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Jose Mourinho confirms that Marcos Rojo, Luke Shaw & Ashley Young are unavailable for their opening game against West Ham.

Mauricio Pochettino confirms that Kieran Trippier has suffered minor ligament damage and will miss their game against Newcastle.

Coutinho have now informed LFC he wanted to leave :/
Source?

Seen it on Twitter

Jose Mourinho confirms that Marcos Rojo, Luke Shaw & Ashley Young are unavailable for their opening game against West Ham.

Mauricio Pochettino confirms that Kieran Trippier has suffered minor ligament damage and will miss their game against Newcastle.

Source?

Seen it on Twitter

All the LFC journalists. Even those who dismissed it now have changed their minds.

James Pearce‏@JamesPearceEcho 1m

Coutinho has now informed #LFC that he wants to leave

Liverpool is built in a way that if they can't press you to death then Phil is the only guy that's able to consistently break down the other side. And if he can't he's a good shout to unicorn a goal out of his ass.

Gini is closest but more of a linking player. Lallana is too slow on the ball and doesn't have the vision / intelligence. Henderson can see a long ball but the rest isn't there. Can has the vision but can't execute it consistently.

I'm glad the first thing I saw was Reddy and Pearce dunpstering that news because there's really no realistic way to replace him, especially this late in the window.

Edit: welp

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
If FSG sell him after what happened with Keita and VVD then I officially want them out of the club.

If Coutinho wants to leave, and we are able to persuade RBL to sell Keita, I would take him and Ziyech for Coutinho.

They are not selling him.

T-Rex.

Banned
In hindsight, this was obvious the second FSG released that statement lol. As if they were ever going to turn down that kind of money.

JoeNut

only just seen this thread. Sky sports aren't doing us any favours, making the club look a laughing stock putting this out about a transfer request just a few hours after the statement from FSG he's not leaving

T-Rex.

Banned
only just seen this thread. Sky sports aren't doing us any favours, making the club look a laughing stock putting this out about a transfer request just a few hours after the statement from FSG he's not leaving
Statement from FSG makes it easier for the club to sell him cos it paints the player as the bad guy. "Well, we wanted to keep him lads but what can we do in this situation but sell?" It's their thing. I'd be amazed if he's still at the club at the end of the window now.

Statement from FSG makes it easier for the club to sell him cos it paints the player as the bad guy. "Well, we wanted to keep him lads but what can we do in this situation but sell?" It's their thing. I'd be amazed if he's still at the club at the end of the window now.

Even if he was. I'd have a hard time cheering for him after this shit.

James Pearce‏@JamesPearceEcho 12s

Coutinho made the transfer request via email around 1pm today. #LFC adamant that it changes nothing and he won't be sold.

So he doesn't even have the balls to do it eye to eye with the club?

If FSG sell him after what happened with Keita and VVD then I officially want them out of the club.

They are not selling him.

I know :(

To be perfectly honest, I am quite used to this. It doesn't even hurt anymore - Torres numbed my pain many years ago. Now that was a player worth getting upset about.

I wonder if we threw £120m at Madrid would they let us have Asensio....

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
James Pearce‏@JamesPearceEcho 12s

Coutinho made the transfer request via email around 1pm today. #LFC adamant that it changes nothing and he won't be sold.

So he doesn't even have the balls to do it eye to eye with the club?

What's he going to do? Tell the Liverpool Emblem on the stadium?

Don't you mean the manager?

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
All this drama, failed to land 2 top targets, no alternatives identified, embarrassing club statements, lost our best player and 4th transfer window in a row with a negative net spend.

They are an utter shambles. I'll always appreciate them saving us from certain doom, but it;'s clear to me they don't have the ambition or the experience to take Liverpool to the next level.

Also what a fucking downer the day before the season opener.

sora87

Well, he's got a 5 year contract and with a world cup coming up I doubt he wouldn't play at his full potential if they refuse to sell. I'd keep him this season and sell him next year if he still wants to go, it's just far too late to replace him or do any sort of good business with the money.

Kill3r7

I know :(

To be perfectly honest, I am quite used to this. It doesn't even hurt anymore - Torres numbed my pain many years ago. Now that was a player worth getting upset about.

I wonder if we threw £120m at Madrid would they let us have Asensio....

I think his buyout is only 100M before the window closes. It is then that it skyrockets.

Atomic Odin

Liverpool's title hopes over before they've even begun

I see some one is happy :/

I love the guy and would understand if he wanted to move to Barcelona, being a south american & everything. Its just bemusing why he does this now when the season is about to start? Barca have been showing interest for a time now, if he wanted to really leave could have done this earlier and made it less difficult for the club.

Having said that watch us get all that wad of cash and do absolutely fuck all with it. This was supposed to be this absolutely crucial window, where the big stars were supposed to join when we would wave the gazillion bucks that we have amassed.

Anyway, pardon my meltdown.

Beefy

Well, he's got a 5 year contract and with a world cup coming up I doubt he wouldn't play at his full potential if they refuse to sell. I'd keep him this season and sell him next year if he still wants to go, it's just far too late to replace him or do any sort of good business with the money.

Contracts mean fuck all sadly

Maybe pool should ask for Gomes+money in return.

Gomes is wack, you don't want him

Kill3r7

Who though? Noone really stands out at Barca and frankly, Gomes is pants!

I would pay that if Coutinho left. LFC won't though.

There is also the issue of Asensio being a lifelong Madrid fan. Plus he is arguably the best young Spanish player. Not likely to see him moving even if Barca came calling.

CrayToes

Who can we possibly get who would be a decent enough replacement?

Mane is going to play in the position Phil has occupied for the past 3 years this season anyway with Salah out on the right. Ideally we go back in for Keita with a big fuck off offer they can't refuse.

If not, we'll manage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom