• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT| Relegated to Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mane is going to play in the position Phil has occupied for the past 3 years this season anyway with Salah out on the right. Ideally we go back in for Keita with a big fuck off offer they can't refuse.

If not, we'll manage.

I recall Klopp using Steven Caulker upfront a few times. I wonder if... hmm...

There is also the issue of Asensio being a lifelong Madrid fan. Plus he is arguably the best young Spanish player. Not likely to see him moving even if Barca came calling.

Yeah I know he is a Madrid fan, but would be worth a go :p

Realistically there is a few players who could replace him if we rejig the system - Lallanas injury just makes it a bit more awkward. Pulisic, Mor (whatever the heck is going on with at the moment) or bring Firmino into Coutinho role and buy someone like Aubamayeng.

Fady K

Chelsea friends, Conte press conference summary: Rudiger may start tomorrow in place of Moses, Pedro out with an ankle injury, club still trying to sign more

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
An actual major signing...

DG7uUBxW0AAF3-0.jpg

Sam Allardyce knows how to write?

RocknRola

So Coutinho made the transfer request huh? Told you guys :p Too much smoke coming out of that "rumour" to be just a rumour.

Of course a transfer request doesn't force anything, but it's never too much of a good idea to keep a player in the squad that has made it public that he wants to leave.

Edit:

Meanwhile PSG is busy making it's own "Les galactiques" and laughing all the way to the bank about UEFA's FFP rules lol

Chelsea friends, Conte press conference summary: Rudiger may start tomorrow in place of Moses, Pedro out with an ankle injury, club still trying to sign more

Pedro injury is bad news. Terrible news actually. I don't know how good or bad Rudiger is as RWB. I hope his crossing is good.

Well fuck me for being optimistic 😭

I hope if we accept an offer it's a ridiculous one. And if we don't, he's got to do his best in a world cup year right?

Gaaaaahhhh. Dammit, Bobby and Alberto you haven't been doing enough!

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
In this transfer window both Liverpool and Barca got a pretty big dose of their own medicine. It's spectacular to watch from the side.

Carl2291

User: Carl2291
League: Premier League

1. Manchester United
2. Manchester City
3. Chelsea
4. Arsenal
---
5. Tottenham
6. Liverpool
7. Everton
---
18. Burnley
19. Watford
20. Brighton

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Chelsea are nobody's feeder club. Arsenal are though.

My point is that anyone, including Chelsea, will have a hard time holding onto a player if Barca or Real want them.

elseanio

Urgh, not the best news to go into the season with. Surely we should just sell for the silly amount of £100m and start looking for someone to replace him. Can't see us refusing to sell him with a transfer request in.

MrS

Banned
Well, this is depressing. I wonder what useless sack of shit we'll waste a club transfer record on this time?
FSG made a statement and they should stick to it. It'll be massively embarrassing if they do a 180 now. Coutinho can rot.

Doc_Drop

Andy Carroll for £35m is still the most ridiculous thing that ever happened in sport
Yep! Still pisses me off. We had to sell him and he would've been better off with us in my opinion. Nevermind, hopefully he's happy at West Ham, they seem to value him more than Liverpool did

Fady K

Sounds like Morata won't be starting either, although Conte says he's improving.

I believe so - Morata will probably feature as a sub post-70th minute. Unless he plays to Michy's side. I expect Michy to start in the 9 position.

Pedro injury is bad news. Terrible news actually. I don't know how good or bad Rudiger is as RWB. I hope his crossing is good.

Agreed man - we just got him back after the preseason injury. Interesting to see who will replace him tomorrow. Rudiger had a rough start, losing Kolasinic (sp?) before we conceded. He barely had any time with us though to be fair. Good test tomorrow.

You too Fady! Maybe we see each other in the CL final again!

Thanks old friend. With our thin squad I don't think we'd make it past the round of 16 or quarter finals at best to be fair. I hope James shines with you guys, now that he reunited with Mr. Ancelotti.

Holy shit a rare sightening

Fady's back

I missed you guys. Nice to see the threads growing and especially some old friends like you, Moobabe and Blablurn :D

Daffy Duck

I saw a transfer statement from Liverpool earlier, and closed the internet off and went about some work....

I come back to this.....WTF??!?!

This was literally my reaction.

YbjROms.gif

Carl2291

If Liverpool really want to make a splash, they'll sell him for the £100M that Barca are willing to splash and go for Asensio's buyout clause.

Instead it'll probably be the Ox, Sigurdsson or Lanzini.

Coutinho expected to miss Liveepool's CL qualifier. 🤔

I mean, Klopp's theory about you need to train a certain amount before you play would've put a stop to that anyways. So if he didn't play tomorrow, he most certainly wouldn't play on Tuesday either.

Well that's a shame if he has. Might as well cash in and get the money and start to rebuild again. But then again I wouldn't sell him for anything less than £140 million.

Beefy

I mean, Klopp's theory about you need to train a certain amount before you play would've put a stop to that anyways. So if he didn't play tomorrow, he most certainly wouldn't play on Tuesday either.

Wonder if he will do a Van Dijk and blame the club for everything?

FuturusX

If Liverpool really want to make a splash, they'll sell him for the £100M that Barca are willing to splash and go for Asensio's buyout clause.

Instead it'll probably be the Ox, Sigurdsson or Lanzini.

The fee needs to be 130-140 easily he just signed a new deal in January. Even that is a steal, fuck it 170 and I'll drive him to Barcelona myself.

T-Rex.

Banned
Can't really blame him since there's absolutely no guarantee that Barca will come back in for him next season. Hopefully the club aren't chatting shit this time and they do tell Barca to fuck off though.

TeegsD

I'm so glad to see the thread back! Lurked for many years, posting here and there until the last, great culling happened.

Work wont allow me to edit the Google Docs, but I'll probably mostly post about Man U while crying about Sporting CP by about week 3. Going to jump back into FFL after a year off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom