• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT| Relegated to Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moobabe

Pedro injury is bad news. Terrible news actually. I don't know how good or bad Rudiger is as RWB. I hope his crossing is good.

I think it'll be Azpi at RWB with Rudiger going into a back three.

The Pedro injury means one of two things:

Boga or Musonda play. Perfect game for that, at home, full support of all the fans, chance to make an impact from the start.

Morata and Bats start together, with one of them operating a little deeper and wider.

I'd prefer the first.

MrS

Banned
If Liverpool really want to make a splash, they'll sell him for the £100M that Barca are willing to splash and go for Asensio's buyout clause.

Instead it'll probably be the Ox, Sigurdsson or Lanzini.
As if Asensio would leave Real Madrid for Liverpool.

T-Rex.

Banned
We won't sign anyone if we sell him. It takes us about 2 weeks to monitor the player, another week to consider submitting a bid, and then another week before we submit a bid well below the asking price.

Moobabe

We won't sign anyone if we sell him. It takes us about 2 weeks to monitor the player, another week to consider submitting a bid, and then another week before we submit a bid well below the asking price.

Don't forget another week where Klopp has to meet him for dinner, another week for your ex players to sow some seeds of doubt etc

Daffy Duck

And then someone to fuck it all up at the last minute.

FuturusX

I can't find a single person on the planet that thinks Liverpool can challenge for the title. So does not matter how we spend the money.

edit: And we better accept only something close to a world record fee, call it the 'we know you have the money and Suarez was a streal tax'.

If we are a team that can't be taken seriously in winning the league then we should at least maintain some dignity.

Daffy Duck

I can't find a single person on the planet that thinks Liverpool can challenge for the title. So does not matter how we spend the money.

Anything is possible in football, Leicester City proved that.

As a Liverpool fan I firmly believe we can until it's mathematically impossible for us not to.

I'm so glad to see the thread back! Lurked for many years, posting here and there until the last, great culling happened.

Work wont allow me to edit the Google Docs, but I'll probably mostly post about Man U while crying about Sporting CP by about week 3. Going to jump back into FFL after a year off.

How's Gauld doing over in Lisbon? Always like to keep track of how ex-United players are doing and last I heard his loan spell somewhere was cut short.

As a Liverpool fan I firmly believe we can until it's mathematically impossible for us not to.

That's how I see it too. So much fucking negavity in football these days, what harm does it do to believe you might win the PL after an eternity.

Realistically? Do I THINK we will win it? Probably not, but I think there's gonna be quite a few teams challenging for the league and I expect LFC to be one of those teams and with the purchase of Salah we sort our form out against so called lesser teams. That could carry us a long way.

Beefy

That list of Arsenal players in their last year of their contract:

Matt Macey
Per Mertesacker (retiring)
Kieran Gibbs
Carl Jenkinson
Jack Wilshere
Santi Cazorla
Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
Mesut Özil
Alexis Sánchez
Joel Campbell

FuturusX

As a Liverpool fan I hope we can challenge, but hope does not equal belief. My heart wants it but my brain knows this team will do well to stay in the top 4. That's the target.

UTD not winning the league will have to take the place of glory for me again the year.

I predict Salah will do well though and we exceed expectations in both league and CL ( should we qualify).

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?

Matt Macey
Kieran Gibbs
Carl Jenkinson
Jack Wilshere
Santi Cazorla
Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
Mesut Özil
Alexis Sánchez
Joel Campbell

sQQUOQh.gif

TeegsD

How's Gauld doing over in Lisbon? Always like to keep track of how ex-United players are doing and last I heard his loan spell somewhere was cut short.

He...hasn't really gotten much of a chance with us. I haven't been keeping a keen eye on him lately, more disappointed as I was hoping he would've broken into our first-team by now. He's currently on a season-long loan at Aves, hopefully he can get some consistent playing time there.

I'm so glad to see the thread back! Lurked for many years, posting here and there until the last, great culling happened.

Work wont allow me to edit the Google Docs, but I'll probably mostly post about Man U while crying about Sporting CP by about week 3. Going to jump back into FFL after a year off.

Tears of joy brother

Gelson Martins. Yeah...

He is too good for Liverpool (no disrespect). He shouldn't be fighting for a CL game every 3 years. Gelson talent is crazy. He should go straight to a top european team. But he will be very expensive. I expect nothing less than the biggest transfer of all time in Portugal.

PL clubs probably still have bad habits from colonization. Between them they pay this ridiculous fees then go to poorer clubs offer 60% of the release clause and go behind the clubs and offer outrageous wages to the players so they pressure the club to sell. I like West Ham as a club, amazing fans, great stadium, but fuck them. Pay the clause or at least near it.

Doc_Drop

Matt Macey
Kieran Gibbs
Carl Jenkinson
Jack Wilshere
Santi Cazorla
Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
Mesut Özil
Alexis Sánchez
Joel Campbell
Whoever comes in after Wenger is fucked

Rmagnus

Banned
As a Liverpool fan I hope we can challenge, but hope does not equal belief. My heart wants it but my brain knows this team will do well to stay in the top 4. That's the target.

UTD not winning the league will have to take the place of glory for me again the year.

I predict Salah will do well though and we exceed expectations in both league and CL ( should we qualify).

Lol utterly pathetic, you might as well go support the bitters. Grow a pair will ya.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I love how Barkley handed in the request thinking there'd be a bidding war, and absolutely nobody wants him.

<span class="emoji-outer emoji-sizer"><span class="emoji-inner" style="background: url(chrome-extension://immhpnclomdloikkpcefncmfgjbkojmh/emoji-data/sheet_apple_64.png);background-position:56.25000000000001% 70.83333333333334%;background-size:4900%" data-codepoints="1f914"></span></span>

Talksport aren't reliable at all

Rmagnus

Banned
I never want UTD to win anything. Deal with it. I'm sure there are legions of UTD fans that feel the same about Liverpool. That's football.

Sorry don't lump me with utd fans, they can do whatever they want, I take joy in my club doing well not the misfortune of other clubs. You are just sad just like the bitters and their obsession with Liverpool.

Salvadora

Matt Macey - GET RID
Kieran Gibbs - GET RID
Carl Jenkinson - GET RID
Jack Wilshere - GET RID
Santi Cazorla - GET RID
Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain - MAYBE GET RID
Mesut Özil
Alexis Sánchez
Joel Campbell - GET RID
Think Ozil has a chance of signing a new contract given the lack of interest.

Sanchez is a lost cause, but we're getting him for another season.

pbsapeer

Banned
Gutted about cout tbh. Guess we might've seen the magicians last tricks in a lfc shirt!
Onward and upwards though! Can't wait for the football and bantz to begin

The solution is to sign a bunch of South Americans that like pugs and are good at football. Then Phil will be OK.

Liverpool having to trumpet pretend signings like Henderson, Moreno and Milner probably didn't do much to convince Couts of the teams ambition and competency.

Hope we hold on to him and make signings. Sadly I think only the former is possible.

FuturusX

Sorry don't lump me with utd fans, they can do whatever they want, I take joy in my club doing well not the misfortune of other clubs. You are just sad just like the bitters and their obsession with Liverpool.

Never said you were, frankly how you choose to support a team is up to you. You sound like a good positive football fan. We need more like you.

For me though - I'll be smiling if Mou and UTD fuck it up again. If that makes me sad in your opinion so be it :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom