• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT10| A Street Ass Named Premier

Pretty much the same. 35$ for shampoo, conditioning, haircut and tip.

If I go into any of the cheaper places like Supercuts or something like that, they never end up doing my hair like I ask them, instead I get a generic cut that sucks.
That's expensive. How much do you tip?

€15 here usually for shampoo to get the gel out and a nice haircut. No tip

kharma45

That's okay, your breakfast is sorted at least!

Guys, how much do you pay for your haircuts? I usually pay £22, but my usual place is closed so I went to a barbers offering gents cuts for £8. It looks exactly the same. Fair enough to guy doing it was morbidly obese and smelled like yoghurt, but for a third of the price I can look past that!

£7, and even then I feel that's a lot :p

Salvadora

I hate tipping but I can never seem to avoid it in hairdressers. They always come over to the till when finished and they wait, watching me, like a puppy with it's paws out.

FootballFan

Pretty much the same. 35$ for shampoo, conditioning, haircut and tip.

If I go into any of the cheaper places like Supercuts or something like that, they never end up doing my hair like I ask them, instead I get a generic cut that sucks.

You tip hairdressers? Or I should say, is it common to tip hairdressers?

Mastadon

Banned
Ah well I'm a converted man, it's £8 cuts from here on out. The fact that there was a disclaimer on the wall saying that he accepted no responsibility for injuries caused was slightly concerning though. Probably give the hot towel shave a miss.

Yen

I've never seen anyone get a shave or their hair washed at the barbers. We aren't neanderthals, we can do it at home. £6 tidy up is what I go for, but right now I'm rocking something almost Laudraupy. Probably due a cut.

GorillaJu

You simply don't get haircuts for under 20 gbp in Japan. I pay what is probably about 45 gbp for mine. The service is exceptional, includes a few massages and such, but still. I kind of miss when $25 felt expensive.

Salazar

I've never seen anyone get a shave or their hair washed at the barbers. We aren't neanderthals, we can do it at home. £6 tidy up is what I go for, but right now I'm rocking something almost Laudraupy. Probably due a cut.

Yeah, beard is my own concern. Irish woman a couple of weeks back offered to "do my eyebrows".

I spluttered no.

GorillaJu

What the fuck kind of filthy people will touch your hair and cut it without washing it? Ugh. Terrible idea.

I've honestly never heard of someone going to a salon and getting their haircut without a shampooing first.

Mastadon

Banned
What the fuck kind of filthy people will touch your hair and cut it without washing it? Ugh. Terrible idea.

I've honestly never heard of someone going to a salon and getting their haircut without a shampooing first.

The place I went into today would definitely not be classed a salon by any metric.

Zabojnik

I usually shampoo it at home just before getting a haircut.

Salvadora

I wish they would stop. It's full of hot women and I sit down looking like a wet rat. Besides, I wash my hair beforehand.

Salazar

People who understand, in a manner of civilised trusting compact, that you have washed it yourself.

Years of removing your shoes to go through doorways has fucked with your mind, morsel.

FootballFan

People who understand, in a manner of civilised trusting compact, that you have washed it yourself.

Years of removing your shoes to go through doorways has fucked with your mind, morsel.

How people can keep their shoes on all day outside and inside in some places I will never understand.

I remember reading a post on gaf, somebody actually said they sleep wearing their shoes sometimes.

GorillaJu

Just seems strange to me. I've always known getting a haircut = you get a shampoo, then a cut. Even when I was a kid and I went to places like Super Cuts in the States, I got a shampoo. In Japan they don't even offer services that don't involve a shampoo.

The best part is getting your hair washed, anyway. Yes, I can do it at home, but after a salon shampoo, my hair feels great, plus I like getting my scalp massaged.

How people can keep their shoes on all day outside and inside in some places I will never understand.

Yes, wearing shoes indoors is awful. You can never take your shoes off on a surface once someone has walked on it with their shoes on without cleaning it, or else you get dirt caked on your feet.

There are plenty of sanitary customs that I don't subscribe to, but taking your shoes off indoors is a must.

fuenf

Yes, wearing shoes indoors is awful. You can never take your shoes off on a surface once someone has walked on it with their shoes on without cleaning it, or else you get dirt caked on your feet.

What? Dont get me wrong, I'm all for taking your shoes off indoors, but that seems a little OCD.

GorillaJu

What? Dont get me wrong, I'm all for taking your shoes off indoors, but that seems a little OCD.

It's not really OCD, though. Places like hotel rooms, I just can't take my shoes off because I know those carpets have been tread on by hundreds of people who came in after walking around on streets with gum, dirt and piss on them since they were last cleaned.

It may seem over the top, but it's certainly not just me that feels that way.

Its the same way with handrails. Do you know how many dudes walk into the bathroom, pulled out that weinus, got their hands nice and sprayed with their own piss, then walk up to the mirror, run their hands through their greasy hair, then walk out without washing their hands? I can't touch hand-straps on the train or handrails in public places without washing my hands after with a wet tissue. I just avoid them altogether as much as possible.

Salazar

Wenger says no to signing Ba. Can't think of anyone else buying him. Maybe Spurs?

Well, he said he wasn't going to comment and said something like

"if you ask me, I will say no"

Which isn't "no", but rather an irritable "no comment".

I agree he's never signing him, though.

Fuck getting your hair shampoo washed at the salon, I do that shit from home so I don't have to waste more time than necessary there.

and odd, I know, just don't mind other peoples penis germs enough to worry that much about it, might even hold it and then eat some snack afterwards on the train.

Mastadon

Banned
Fuck getting your hair shampoo washed at the salon, I do that shit from home so I don't have to waste more time than necessary there.

and odd, I know, just don't mind other peoples penis germs enough to worry that much about it, might even hold it and then eat some snack afterwards on the train.

Builds up the immune system.

Salvadora

Is £7m still his buyout clause? I really wouldn't mind us taking a punt at that price.

If he'd be okay with sitting on the bench I'd love him at Arsenal, although he's not the type of striker we need. Get him with the money we'll save by not have Chamakh/Park/Bendtner around.

fuenf

It's not really OCD, though. Places like hotel rooms, I just can't take my shoes off because I know those carpets have been tread on by hundreds of people who came in after walking around on streets with gum, dirt and piss on them since they were last cleaned.

It may seem over the top, but it's certainly not just me that feels that way.

Its the same way with handrails. Do you know how many dudes walk into the bathroom, pulled out that weinus, got their hands nice and sprayed with their own piss, then walk up to the mirror, run their hands through their greasy hair, then walk out without washing their hands? I can't touch hand-straps on the train or handrails in public places without washing my hands after with a wet tissue. I just avoid them altogether as much as possible.

O_O I dont really know what to say, it just sounds extrem. I mean, I wash my hands all the time too, but there should be a limit. It just seems strange to me to worry about the floor in a hotel room that much.. I just trust the hotel to vacuum it daily. Furthermore, why would I want to sleep in a hotel bed if I dont even want my feet to touch the floor?

The handrails thing, well I dont know man. Sure, I try to open the restroom door without touching and so forth, but I dont constantly worry about anything my hand might touch. Why should money be any cleaner than a handrail?

Salazar

http://www.guardian.co.uk/guardian-...ournalism-course-january?INTCMP=MASARCTRRH245

This intensive one-day masterclass offers unique insight into the skills used by professional sports journalists. Guardian football reporters David Hytner and Jacob Steinberg will explore the key aspects of their craft: the mechanics of the football industry, how journalists find stories, live minute-by-minute blogging, match reporting and writing against deadlines, and the stark realities of trying to break into football journalism. They'll also cover the art of football writing itself - the cliches to avoid, the techniques to employ, and what really annoys the readers.

:lol

Top Bottom