• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT10| A Street Ass Named Premier

Kyoufu

This is what I don't understand. The decisions are meant to be tailored around you, instead people are divided into good or bad. Is it because there isn't really any benefits to the non-extremes, like Fable?

Unfortunately no, you're punished if you don't stick to one or the other. They should look into that for their next games.

GorillaJu

Hitcher, I don't understand how you can like Mass Effect but slate some of the games you do.

Mass Effect is like a case study on the negative effects of focus grouping and misguided "broadening" of appeal.

I like the universe, some of the things about the games(s) are really awesome, but the lore of every game is shat on by the one that follows it, it's a constant downgrade in freedom and immersion, and the gameplay never even reaches Uncharted 1's level of fluidity and intuitiveness, even after 2 sequels.

In terms of gameplay and level design, it doesn't hold a candle to something like Dishonored.

Kyoufu

I don't understand how you can like Mass Effect but slate some of the games you do.

Mass Effect is like a case study on the negative effects of focus grouping and misguided "broadening" of appeal.

I like the universe, some of the things about the games(s) are really awesome, but the lore of every game is shat on by the one that follows it, it's a constant downgrade in freedom and immersion, and the gameplay never even reaches Uncharted 1's level of fluidity and intuitiveness, even after 2 sequels.

In terms of gameplay and level design, it doesn't hold a candle to something like Dishonored.

Is this directed at me?

Hitcher, I don't understand how you can like Mass Effect but slate some of the games you do.

I'm only on the first one, but I'm fucking loving it. Dishonored was thoroughly average, stop deluding yourself into thinking its anything more

Pain_Gain_Set_Photo_You_Will_Not_Believe_What_The_Rock_Cooking_1335471135.jpg

I'm just gonna leave this here.

Kyoufu

I only enjoyed the first ME game. Felt like it had vision, ambition and wasn't tailored around focus groups and EA's school of "AAA" games.

I'm only on the first one, but I'm fucking loving it. Dishonored was thoroughly average, stop deluding yourself into thinking its anything more

Shut your dirty mouth. First mass effect was pretty cool though, but it's downhill ever since the first which then all concludes with the amazing pure unadulterated shit that was mass effect 3, I hope EA will force Bioware to make shitty kinect games soon enough, fuck them.

Arnie

I just love it when people come out with stuff like "he is a horrible human being".

:lol :lol

You thought I was seriously inferring that from a comment about Pardew?

Mass Effect started really well, frame rate aside, 2 was really good, but 3 is just a bad game. Honestly it's awful, by the midway point I wanted it to be over, and the final shoot through London was embarrassing for a studio that once made KOTOR. The story's absolute cack as well, can't believe so many people got pissy over the ending, I was thinking 'it's been shit the whole way through'.

:lol :lol

You thought I was seriously inferring that from a comment about Pardew?

Mass Effect started really well, frame rate aside, 2 was really good, but 3 is just a bad game. Honestly it's awful, by the midway point I wanted it to be over, and the final shoot through London was embarrassing for a studio that once made KOTOR. The story's absolute cack as well, can't believe so many people got pissy over the ending, I was thinking 'it's been shit the whole way through'.
Maybe not because of his comments about Pards in particular, but whenever Fergie goes for it, you hear stuff like that, or that the FA are scared of him...and it's just stupid.

Arnie

Maybe not because of his comments about Pards in particular, but whenever Fergie goes for it, you hear stuff like that, or that the FA are scared of him...and it's just stupid.

Wait a second there, you'd have to be highly ignorant to believe that the FA don't treat him differently to other managers. The amount he gets away with is insane, and it's because of his stature within the English game. Many managers would've been reprimanded for publicly dressing down the officials like he did at Newcastle.

Or calling out officials in their post match interview. Most managers avoid it because they have to, Ferguson personally criticises specific referees and isn't pulled up on it, and he does it consistently.

GQman2121

Banned

Scared is clearly the wrong way of putting it. But you can't deny that he gets away with a lot more than any of his peers. He's earned a slightly longer leash, I'll give him that, but this latest spat is a bit much.

I'm not saying he doesn't talk about referee's or denying he's treated in a different way to other managers.

But why on earth would the FA be scared of him. Ref's maybe, but the FA itself? It has handed him record fines and bans, I don't think they are scared of him.

And opposition fans are still incredibly hypocritical. Pardew's push on the official is the perfect example.

Jensen

I'm not saying he doesn't talk about referee's or denying he's treated in a different way to other managers.

But why on earth would the FA be scared of him. Ref's maybe, but the FA itself? It has handed him record fines and bans, I don't think they are scared of him.

And opposition fans are still incredibly hypocritical. Pardew's push on the official is the perfect example.
Because he has men on the inside. ON THE INSIDE!!

It's brilliant when Fergie riles up the bitters.

Arnie

Eh, 'scared', intimidated, overly respectful, the wording makes little difference when the end result is clear and demonstrable. The FA are reluctant to punish him for the comments he makes, like they would other managers, regardless of the vernacular fans use to describe it.

It's a really petty distinction to try and make.

It's one aspect of Ferguson which I still love as much as ever. The way he manages to piss everybody else off is brilliant.
That's all well and good, but if someone like Gareth Bale came out and said he loves it when Bale dives, because it riles up opposition supporters, how would you feel about that?

The two are effectively the same. You're championing cuntish behaviour at the exclusion of rational thought.

Also, the FA could do nothing about what happened on Wednesday after Mike Dean did not include anything in his report, so if anybody deserves the flak it's him.

Or the FA's stupid rules I suppose.

Kyoufu

Also, the FA could do nothing about what happened on Wednesday after Mike Dean did not include anything in his report, so if anybody deserves the flak it's him.

So you don't think the referee was intimidated by Fergie? He's the same guy who reported Wenger for kicking a water bottle or something.

What Fergie did was much worse.

That's all well and good, but if someone like Gareth Bale came out and said he loves it when Bale dives, because it riles up opposition supporters, how would you feel about that?

The two are effectively the same. You're championing cuntish behaviour at the exclusion of rational thought.
I wouldn't care.

It's like when Liverpool supporters say they love that Suarez is a JT because he is their JT. It's the same thing.

I don't think what he said is that bad at all. It's not classy but that's it. Actually being a dickhead to the ref's is something I'm bothered with. Giving it in a presser is a minor thing.

So you don't think the referee was intimidated by Fergie? He's the same guy who reported Wenger for kicking a water bottle or something.

What Fergie did was much worse.
I'm saying it has nothing to do with the FA being reluctant to ban Ferguson in particular. The ref didn't include the incident in the report so it didn't even get to that stage. He is at fault.

And he didn't include Pardew's push either it seems because that is a dead cert ban also.

Viva, why are you defending him? I wouldn't defend Pardew if he was a cunt to other clubs for no reason at all.
I'm not defending him.

I'm just saying I like it when he pisses everyone else off.

Everybody hates Man United. He's getting one back. That's all it is.

GolazoDan

Viva, why are you defending him? I wouldn't defend Pardew if he was a cunt to other clubs for no reason at all.
But there was a reason. Pardew was running his mouth despite the fact he and his team remonstrated in a not too dissimilar way in that very same match. It's not like Fergie's putting down every team we play. No comments about Swansea being a little team from a foreign land.

They could have LITERALLY murdered Robin van Persie though which would have been bad.

Kyoufu

But there was a reason. Pardew was running his mouth despite the fact he and his team remonstrated in a not too dissimilar way in that very same match. It's not like Fergie's putting down every team we play. No comments about Swansea being a little team from a foreign land.

Running his mouth?

what are you talking about

Arnie

I wouldn't care.

It's like when Liverpool supporters say they love that Suarez is a JT because he is their JT. It's the same thing.

But when Suarez dives, Liverpool fans don't defend it, in fact we denounce it, at least those of us on here.

Out ingrained love for him comes from the constant, and complete overreaction to every little thing he does, on a weekly basis. People call him a cunt for the most minor things, the same things they'd be applauding the likes of Balotelli for.

But in the moment, when he has done something worthy of the abuse, we don't protect him like blind mice. Ferguson's conference today, his behaviour after half time on Wednesday, and in fact his berating of the young referee the match before is out of order, and he did it to mask how poorly United played, and it should be acted upon by the FA.

They won't though, because they're 'scared'.

The rules are stupid, but that's no excuse for going over to the linesman and shouting in his face.

But when Suarez dives, Liverpool fans don't defend it, in fact we denounce it, at least those of us on here.

Out ingrained love for him comes from the constant, and complete overreaction to every little thing he does, on a weekly basis. People call him a cunt for the most minor things, the same things they'd be applauding the likes of Balotelli for.

But in the moment, when he has done something worthy of the abuse, we don't protect him like blind mice. Ferguson's conference today, his behaviour after half time on Wednesday, and in fact his berating of the young referee the match before is out of order, and he did it to mask how poorly United played, and it should be acted upon by the FA.

They won't though, because they're 'scared'.

The rules are stupid, but that's no excuse for going over to the linesman and shouting in his face.

I haven't said what he did to the official was correct. I said it was wrong just a couple of posts above.

And there is absolutely nothing in his press conference today that deserves a ban or any type of action.

And what you've said about the over-reaction towards Suarez is EXACTLY how people see Ferguson and United and our players. If somebody had a go at Ferguson the way he has at Pardew today, everybody would love it.

Wilbur

Banned
Yeah I'm sure the Gilluminati are hard at work making the City supporting chairman bend over backwards for us.

Yep, this is why I love it.

It's one aspect of Ferguson which I still love as much as ever. The way he manages to piss everybody else off is brilliant.

I think it's completely obvious Fergie acted like a twat to the officials the other day. But he got off. It's not his fault, it's Riley for not reporting it, which I'm sure he has done before with regards to SAF. So maybe he just didnt think it was notable enough.

Anyway I agree with you. Pardew's acted a cunt a million times to linesmen himself. I love SAF. Fuck h8rz

I haven't said what he did to the official was correct. I said it was wrong just a couple of posts above.

And there is absolutely nothing in his press conference today that deserves a ban or any type of action.

And what you've said about the over-reaction towards Suarez is EXACTLY how people see Ferguson and United and our players. If somebody had a go at Ferguson the way he has at Pardew today, everybody would love it.

You said you weren't defending him. Would it be wrong to say that United-GAF wasn't exactly critical of him for what he did?

Wilbur

Banned
Viva's right again. If Pardew says to Fergie what Fergie said to Pardew, you're all cumming your Sports Direct branded knickers over it.

Top Bottom