• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT10| A Street Ass Named Premier

Scum

World XI 2012

--- Falcao --- Messi --- Ronaldo ---

---- Xavi --- Pirlo --- Iniesta ----

Alba --- Kompany -- Ramos --- Lahm

-------------- Casillas ----------------

What do you guys think?

Messi

World XI 2012

What do you guys think?

Jordi Alba? Very nice to see him get the nod. Class player

Kyoufu

I'm not talking about you in particular. The root of all of this is that incident with the official. And because of that I don't think it's fair to praise him for his comments on Pardew and at the same time ignore what he did.

Were those Pardew quotes correct?

Fergucunt is just pissed because Pardew disagreed with his "could have been killed" comment.

Scum

Hitcher, what is that abomination of an avatar? >_<

jlBM4.png

It's my imported lvl 30 FemShep from ME2. I've just reset the skill points.

Guys, get yourself a backlog and start with it.

I thought I was going off of gaming when I played Syberia, XCOM and Dishonored in a 2-week window, and felt a huge disparity between their reputations and my experiences of them. How could these games be highly rated, yet I'm not having much fun with them? I must just be falling out of love with the medium. That was compounded when I tried AC:B and realised that the formula is now boring to me.

It turns out though that it wasn't my feelings towards gaming, it was the games I was playing. Those 3 simply aren't very good imo. I started on The Walking Dead, then Vanquish and now Mass Effect, and I'm loving it all over again.

And The Last of Us will ensure that next year is brilliant, as will GTA5 unless they royally fuck it up

Kyoufu

I think I am falling out of love with gaming. Very little in the last year or so has impressed me/had me hooked. Other than Walking Dead. Feels bad man.

Time to broaden your horizons. Anyone playing the same Ass Creed/Call of Duty/FIFA every year would start to sour on games.

Guys, get yourself a backlog and start with it.

I thought I was going off of gaming when I played Syberia, XCOM and Dishonored in a 2-week window, and felt a huge disparity between their reputations and my experiences of them. How could these games be highly rated, yet I'm not having much fun with them? I must just be falling out of love with the medium. That was compounded when I tried AC:B and realised that the formula is now boring to me.

It turns out though that it wasn't my feelings towards gaming, it was the games I was playing. Those 3 simply aren't very good imo. I started on The Walking Dead, then Vanquish and now Mass Effect, and I'm loving it all over again.

And The Last of Us will ensure that next year is brilliant, as will GTA5 unless they royally fuck it up

I thought you liked XCOM... is it not good?

I thought you liked XCOM... is it not good?

I soured on it tbh. Its very one-dimensional, but I imagine its fantastic for people who are into small-scale strategy games. I'd hoped it'd be a game to get me into the genre, but its just not for me. Technically, its an embarassment as well. (As is TWD, tbh)

Can;t wait to make a start on ME3 multiplayer, wanna wait until I finish ME2 first though, and I wanna play a game between ME1 and ME2. Probably Sleeping Dogs

dc89

Me and my colleague were talking before about really good burgers from take aways. He had a double quarter pounder last night from this place in Marple where I used to live and he now lives.

Made my mouth water so much. Fuck, I need something junky and fulfilling and I need it quick.

Edit: I should have got a sweaty burger from one of the places outside the Emptyhad when I left work. Damn it. :p

Wilbur

Banned
World XI 2012

What do you guys think?

Would have had Buffon instead of Casillas, Vidal instead of Xavi. Maybe RVP instead of Falcao.

I soured on it tbh. Its very one-dimensional, but I imagine its fantastic for people who are into small-scale strategy games. I'd hoped it'd be a game to get me into the genre, but its just not for me. Technically, its an embarassment as well. (As is TWD, tbh)

That's a shame. I was thinking about getting it on Steam.

Apparently Leicester are signing Chris Wood and Alex Baptiste. Dat promotion push.

Me and my colleague were talking before about really good burgers from take aways. He had a double quarter pounder last night from this place in Marple where I used to live and he now lives.

Made my mouth water so much. Fuck, I need something junky and fulfilling and I need it quick.

Edit: I should have got a sweaty burger from one of the places outside the Emptyhad when I left work. Damn it. :p
Urban Grille down in Didsbury. Trust me. Absolutely amazing.

That's a shame. I was thinking about getting it on Steam.

Apparently Leicester are signing Chris Wood and Alex Baptiste. Dat promotion push.

Bear in mind that I'm basically the last person to talk to about XCOM. I got pretty far into it, but I had no experience of the old ones, no experience of the genre, and no patience to learn how to play it at a high level.

There's a demo I think

Is it really 2 Metal Gears? Really excited for Last of Us. Other than that? Nada

Did we really need another gears this gen?

I was excited about sim city but it seems more and more like a facebook game with pretty graphics and not a real in depth city builder. Booh.

Messi

Time to broaden your horizons. Anyone playing the same Ass Creed/Call of Duty/FIFA every year would start to sour on games.

FIFA is not a game it's a sport. :p I play FIFA with friends almost daily.

I played the Journey demo and had no idea what the fuck I was doing and then it ended :(. I don't know if I should spend my money on it.

I play an hour or so of most games and then lose interest. It's quite odd. I played assassins creed 3 for 5 hours
until Connor is an adult and lost interest because he is a dickhead

spidye

FIFA is not a game it's a sport. :p I play FIFA with friends almost daily.

I played the Journey demo and had no idea what the fuck I was doing and then it ended :(. I don't know if I should spend my money on it.

I play an hour or so of most games and then lose interest. It's quite odd. I played assassins creed 3 for 5 hours
until Connor is an adult and lost interest because he is a dickhead

believe me, you made the right choice with asscreed3.
such a turd. ughh

If the WiiU doesn't do something spectacular by January 2014, its dead in the water. Fair?

what do you mean by something spectacular? a game?

Is the United game not on TV tomorrow? goddammit streaming is annoying. Never get English commentators.

My backlog is insane. 70+ games I reckon.
I rarely complete games unless I heavily enjoy them, it isn't fun for me to drag on in a game to it's completion.

2013 or 14?

Cautiously optimistic about Tomb Raider

14. They have a year to give people new Zelda, mainline Mario, Metroid, Smash Bros, Donkey Kong, Mario Kart, Pokemon(?) etc. Then they need the bargains and bundles for next November-Christmas. If they can't do that, they might as well give up now

I was listening to the radio earlier and apparently Villa have only scored 8 PL goals at home this season. That's the same as QPR.

edit: they've scored the fewest league goals in total (home and away)

Scum

I was listening to the radio earlier and apparently Villa have only scored 8 PL goals at home this season. That's the same as QPR.

Eugh! They need to get cracking. That GD will do them no good.
Who are they playing at the weekend?

Wilbur

Banned

Lambert needs to find a balance. I actually think that Rodgers got a whole load of praise last year for Swansea when Lambert did just as good a job and is the better manager, but I think he's letting his ego get the better of him in regards to a few things. He needs to mix experience with the youth, otherwise he's demoralised a talented young squad with relegation.

Scum

Jovetic scored a hat trick on his Napoli debut.

<3

The many joys of FM! :)

Lambert needs to find a balance. I actually think that Rodgers got a whole load of praise last year for Swansea when Lambert did just as good a job and is the better manager, but I think he's letting his ego get the better of him in regards to a few things. He needs to mix experience with the youth, otherwise he's demoralised a talented young squad with relegation.

Time to unleash the Bent! :-|

Wigan, who have only lost 1 of their last 7 league games at Villa Park.

Ruh oh! :-(

Arnie

Nice! What season are you in?

My third on FM12, so it's 2014 now, early January.

Did have Balotelli for a season, he helped me win the scudetto, but he threw a strop so I sold him to fund Jovetic. Bochetti and Montolivo are my spine.

Calling all Dortmund GAF:

What was Klopp's first season at the club like?

He needs to start playing Bent I think. It's crazy when you look at how few they've scored and Bent isn't getting a game. There must be something in those rumours that they owe Sunderland another few million if he plays a few more games.

Hixx

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0pJzPXuvwo

Has anyone seen this? Crazy lad puts a video on facebook kicking off because 'scousers' are ruining his life by... calling him crazy. He basically just attacks Scousers - drugs/Hillsbrough/their open mic nights(?????)...

Canny funny tbh. I know it sounds naff but he gets so angry... someone should gif the BULL...SHIIIIIIIT at the end

Top Bottom