• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT10| A Street Ass Named Premier

Arnie

Oh, ok - I don't really keep track of the thread, but next time use the Dortmund sign to call us
MA7R6.png
:|

Uh, it was awesome. Breath of fresh air, etc. etc. even though we narrowly missed the EL spots because Hamburg overtook us on the last fixture (fuckers) - still better than the near relegation the season before, lol
He brought along Subotic, which was a huge deal because of how expensive he was (kind of similar to Rogers -> Allen) at the time for us.
Other than that he didn't change the system all that much and most of his other transfers turned out to be interim solutions, but then I'm also not sure who was mainly responsible for those transfers.
Do you like, want me to encourage you to stand by Rogers and hope for better times? Because I dunno, lol - though you could definitely see some differences in terms of how we played, the philosophy and all - but yeah, he definitely needed some time to put forward his idea of football.

/typos
Thanks.

I'll try and search for some writing from around the time, sounds like a steady improvement, especially considering where you were before he arrived. Not really connected to Rodgers, to be honest, I knew you'd improved points wise, we've gone nowhere in that regard. New system, new manager, some positives, some negatives.
What? Suarez is injured?
No.

Salvadora

Consultation for laser eye surgery is tomorrow at 10. It will be tomorrow when they tell me the price, which depends on a number of factors and whether I'm suitable for it so I'm shitting it. I just know they'll quote £2000 or something around that.

Yen

Consultation for laser eye surgery is tomorrow at 10. It will be tomorrow when they tell me the price, which depends on a number of factors and whether I'm suitable for it so I'm shitting it. I just know they'll quote £2000 or something around that.
I hear you can smell your own eyes burning.

Salazar

Well done for making another post that has absolutely zero point to it.

Well, Ferguson is out of the game in a year or two. Pards is Toon-Manager-For-Life. So even if his comments amount to some kind of appallingly unethical threat (which they don't), what does it matter ? Pards probably doesn't care. Howard Dean evidently didn't break down in heaving fits of terror and spite before writing his report. But an army of floridly over-sensitive goobers, roundly prejudiced against United, get themselves wound up on their behalf.

Although it's plain as fuck that even when Frogie retires, muppets are still going to wet themselves about his horrible malign influence over everything and everyone. It's hard to care even a tiny bit about objections to his conduct without much basis in observation of reality.

Even when Frogie does nothing, fuckwits go crazy attributing other people's actions to his Sith interference. Fuck the lot of them.

Should've waited for official confirmation.

Ah, good news.

Salvadora

I hear you can smell your own eyes burning.

I've been doing some intensive reading on people's experiences and this is mentioned nearly every time :lol. It really wouldn't bother me if it meant I wouldn't have to wear glasses for the foreseeable future. I'd pay almost anything to be honest.

Awesome. You can be FootyGaf's own Cyclops.

pappe

That's my tactic too!! What kind of formations do you guys use? I've been using a 3-4-1-2 and i won all my games with that formation until i was beaten by that prick i mentioned earlier.
4-3-2-1. Defending. Ba is my main goal scorer he is a beast in that game for me.

Have 2 squads. 1 full of la Liga players and 1 EPL players.

I don't think I could ever have laser eye surgery, because I've been so used to my glasses and have been wearing them for all my life really. Also I'm scared of the laser killing me/making me permanently blind :lol

Salvadora

Tomorrow is going to be shit isn't it? Arsenal are going to be super fresh. :(
Like that will make a difference :(
I don't think I could ever have laser eye surgery, because I've been so used to my glasses and have been wearing them for all my life really. Also I'm scared of the laser killing me/making me permanently blind :lol

It's difficult to put in words how much I hate glasses, but it's pretty much everything. I hate how I look, I hate the cost, I hate not being able to swim or play Football etc. I mean, I could be here all day. I can't deny that the risks scare me, but it will be worth it. It will be a couple of months done the line anyway because I need to save whatever number they quote me.

Carbonox

My Newcastle squad in FIFA:

Krul

Debuchy
Taylor
Coloccini
Santon

Anita
Tiote
Cabaye

Ben Arfa
Cisse
Remy

Top of the table.

fml

Also got Moussa Sissoko on the bench. If I turn a 14m budget and sales of Ba/Gosling/Xisco in to the above team (and Sissoko), why can't Mike Ashley? :(

Why do I do this to myself. Where's that gif of the guy crying but still eating a burger? Sums me up when I play FIFA with Newcastle. Wee club indeed.

Specs and pics plz.

Told you it was easy to do ;) how did the build go?

l.gif

You know the specs, you pretty much told me what to get haha!

Build went fine, a couple of niggly parts that were only awkward because I hadn't done it before. Hit no real snags though, booted perfectly first time! Fired up Sleeping Dogs today and holy shit, it looks incredible.

kharma45

You know the specs, you pretty much told me what to get haha!

Build went fine, a couple of niggly parts that were only awkward because I hadn't done it before. Hit no real snags though, booted perfectly first time! Fired up Sleeping Dogs today and holy shit, it looks incredible.

I'll have to go back to my PMs then lol no changes from what I said then?

Arnie

Well, Ferguson is out of the game in a year or two. Pards is Toon-Manager-For-Life. So even if his comments amount to some kind of appallingly unethical threat (which they don't), what does it matter ?

So your logic is that Ferguson can do and say what the fuck he wants because there's an assumption that he'll retire within the next 48 months?

Seems fairly illogical to me.

Pards probably doesn't care. Howard Dean evidently didn't break down in heaving fits of terror and spite before writing his report. But an army of floridly over-sensitive goobers, roundly prejudiced against United, get themselves wound up on their behalf.

Dean sent Wenger to the stands for kicking a water bottle, whilst he made no move to reprimand Ferguson over what amounted to a public dressing down of him and his fellow officials.

And before you get on the hypocritical hill from which you cast down your goober judgements, note that criticism of Ferguson in this instance, and past instances, isn't isolated to Liverpool fans, it's a fairly unanimous belief that Ferguson can and does make comments that other managers don't, and can't for fear of punishment. Whoever hosted 909 on Wednesday was asked this very question, and suggested that Ferguson was wrong to have done what he did.

From my point of view you'd have to be a goober to disagree with this.

Although it's plain as fuck that even when Frogie retires, muppets are still going to wet themselves about his horrible malign influence over everything and everyone. It's hard to care even a tiny bit about objections to his conduct without much basis in observation of reality.

Even when Frogie does nothing, fuckwits go crazy attributing other people's actions to his Sith interference. Fuck the lot of them.
This section of your post contains little meat with which to address in a reply, considering what I've already said. It's also crushingly ironic.

LIt's difficult to put in words how much I hate glasses, but it's pretty much everything. I hate how I look, I hate the cost, I hate not being able to swim or play Football etc. I mean, I could be here all day. I can't deny that the risks scare me, but it will be worth it. It will be a couple of months done the line anyway because I need to save whatever number they quote me.

For the football, when I played a long time ago there was a kid on our team that wore these:

079d0_rec-specs1.jpeg

I'll admit at the time they looked pretty hilarious. Actually I'm laughing now just thinking about it. Seeing this kid charging around the pitch with those on, you can probably imagine what his nickname was. Anyway, maybe you should look into getting a pair if the glasses are stopping you from playing football.

Like that will make a difference :(

It's difficult to put in words how much I hate glasses, but it's pretty much everything. I hate how I look, I hate the cost, I hate not being able to swim or play Football etc. I mean, I could be here all day. I can't deny that the risks scare me, but it will be worth it. It will be a couple of months done the line anyway because I need to save whatever number they quote me.
Contacts weren't an option?

kharma45

post specs pls wilkiller

Yeah post them, my PMs are a mess for finding it :p

Swapped out the initial RAM with the better Samsung stuff you suggested, apart from that though there was little to no difference. Decided against an optical drive in the end.

The Samsung stuff is great RAM, OCs like a dream too if you want to do it.

Optical drive you can always add later if you really miss it but I can't think of the last time I used one. Digital only really on PC now for games, plus USB install for Windows is handier and faster.

Kyoufu

Salazar, you're a smart man. Don't defend Frogie. You know I'll stick up for even Ashley Young if he claims a legit penalty, but what Frogie has said and done is inexcusable.

Salvadora

For the football, when I played a long time ago there was a kid on our team that wore these:

079d0_rec-specs1.jpeg

I'll admit at the time they looked pretty hilarious. Actually I'm laughing now just thinking about it. Seeing this kid charging around the pitch with those on, you can probably imagine what his nickname was. Anyway, maybe you should look into getting a pair if the glasses are stepping you from playing football.
As laughable as they look, I honestly probably would wear something like that. Anytime the ball goes anywhere near my head I almost duck out of the way to make sure it doesn't go anywhere near my glasses.
Contacts weren't an option?

Contacts are incredibly uncomfortable and difficult to put in, not to mention expensive as well. It would honestly save me money in the long run.

post specs pls wilkiller

CPU: Intel 3rd Generation Core i5-3570K
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO
Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V LX
Memory: Samsung Green 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3
Video Card: GIGABYTE AMD Radeon HD 7950 3GB
Storage: Samsung F3 HD103SJ 1TB
Case: Zalman Z11 Plus
Power Supply: XFX ProSeries 550W

:)

So yeah the only things I changed were the RAM, the case and drooping the OD. Managed to clean install Windows 8 despite only paying for the upgrade rather than the OEM version, had a job activating it but all it took in the end was a couple of lines in Command Prompt!

kharma45

CPU: Intel 3rd Generation Core i5-3570K
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO
Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V LX
Memory: Samsung Green 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3
Video Card: GIGABYTE AMD Radeon HD 7950 3GB
Storage: Samsung F3 HD103SJ 1TB
Case: Zalman Z11 Plus
Power Supply: XFX ProSeries 550W

:)

Sweet. I've really grown to like the look of that case too, does it light up all purple like in the pics? :D

Now you need to look into OCing your i5 and your 7950 :p and maybe your RAM too ;) more speed!

ATI video card? No SSD? No liquid cooling?

you goofed. :(

*AMD.

They're the best bang for buck and offer the best future proofing for all that it means. SSD wouldn't have been possible without dropping the spec of something else, easy enough to sort later on.

Kyoufu

I tried upgrading my Vertex 2 SSD firmware but it's completely fucked. Going to buy a Samsung SSD as Photoshop takes 90 years to process gifs. :(

As laughable as they look, I honestly probably would wear something like that. Anytime the ball goes anywhere near my head I almost duck out of the way to make sure it doesn't go anywhere near my glasses.

Yeah you should definitely consider it then. As we've discovered recently, the ball hitting you in the head is dangerous enough as it is.

Seriously though, you'd be able to play with a lot more freedom with those on. And you'd also look like that guy in Dodgeball, so added potential for a cool nickname.

3Sixty

Contacts are incredibly uncomfortable and difficult to put in, not to mention expensive as well. It would honestly save me money in the long run.

It gets easier.

I used to have to get up 30mins early before school to put them in.

Now it takes 5 seconds.

Salazar

So your logic is that Ferguson can do and say what the fuck he wants because there's an assumption that he'll retire within the next 48 months?

Seems fairly illogical to me.

My assumption is that any manager can do what the fuck they want, really, and their punishment is the prerogative of the FA. If you're really, really morally sickened by a few tame jabs at Newcastle, then you're a bit beyond help.

Dean sent Wenger to the stands for kicking a water bottle, whilst he made no move to reprimand Ferguson over what amounted to a public dressing down of him and his fellow officials.

Perhaps Ferguson directly discussed the incident and didn't slag Dean off, and Dean took this into account. It was unusual for Frogie to talk to Dean on the pitch, but at least he didn't shove him, hey ?

And before you get on the hypocritical hill from which you cast down your goober judgements, note that criticism of Ferguson in this instance, and past instances, isn't isolated to Liverpool fans, it's a fairly unanimous belief that Ferguson can and does make comments that other managers don't, and can't for fear of punishment. Whoever hosted 909 on Wednesday was asked this very question, and suggested that Ferguson was wrong to have done what he did.

I wouldn't suggest that criticism is isolated to Liverpool fans. And punishment is, categorically, the prerogative of the FA. And Frogie's comments in the post-match interview were actually pretty restrained, focused, and not very pejorative at all about Dean or the other officials. He didn't talk about Specsavers, for which Harry can rightly expect a reprimand.

And I understand that this refers us towards the idea that the FA is Frogie's creature. Which is just about as absurd as the equally popular idea that the press are Frogie's to control. Both institutions piss all over Frogie from time to time but it does nothing to alter this iron conviction that they are under his power.

Salvadora

Yeah you should definitely consider it then. As we've discovered recently, the ball hitting you in the head is dangerous enough as it is.

Seriously though, you'd be able to play with a lot more freedom with those on. And you'd also look like that guy in Dodgeball, so added potential for a cool nickname.
Yeah, at least I'd be noticed! It's been a while since I've played Football and I'm dying to get get back in to it, and not just because I'm getting a bit of a gut at the moment.
Would rather Ramsey than Gervinho. Ramsey has the talent at least but really needs to be played through the middle. None of this wing shit.

I hope Giroud starts with Walcott on the wing.
Every time Ramsey starts on the wing an Angel dies.
It gets easier.

I used to have to get up 30mins early before school to put them in.

Now it takes 5 seconds.

You should have seen my trying to put them in for the first time. I felt the seasons going past.

3Sixty

You should have seen my trying to put them in for the first time. I felt the seasons going past.

Believe me i remember. It gets easy though. Main reason i got them in the first place was for sport. Plus i look 100x better without glasses. Well worth it.

Top Bottom