• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT10| A Street Ass Named Premier

kharma45

Blue ;)

It does look pretty awesome though, happy I went with that rather than your traditional tower.

The pics I was looking at there now deceived me :p Yeah it stands out compared to most in that price range, doesn't hurt too it's one of the best either :p

Did you get the Far Cry 3, Hitman and Sleeping Dogs bundle with your 7950?

I tried upgrading my Vertex 2 SSD firmware but it's completely fucked. Going to buy a Samsung SSD as Photoshop takes 90 years to process gifs. :(

Yeah OCZ SSDs are shite, go for a Samsung 830 or 840 Pro, avoid the 840.

Contacts are pretty great, what's not so great is forgetting you took them out then trying to get them out and panicking because you think they've fused with your eye.

If that does happen though, don't try and scratch them out. Because ow.

The pics I was looking at there now deceived me :p Yeah it stands out compared to most in that price range, doesn't hurt too it's one of the best either :p

Did you get the Far Cry 3, Hitman and Sleeping Dogs bundle with your 7950?

I did indeed, yet to play Hitman though. Sleeping Dogs and FC3 are both great, look fantastic too!

Salazar

What Frogie has said and done is inexcusable.

Questioning refereeing decisions and taking the piss out of Alan Pardew is "inexcusable" ?

Risible that much of this panty-twisted shite about Frogie crossing lines issues from quarters that habitually characterise him as drunk, senile, vicious etc.

Questioning refereeing decisions and taking the piss out of Alan Pardew is "inexcusable" ?

He could have killed Pardew with those comments. It's by far the most dangerous Interview I've ever seen.

I think Fergie was just embarrassed that everyone was laughing and calling him senile after the "EE COULDA BEEN KILLED" thing, that's why he had his little outburst today

Hixx

Sweet. I've really grown to like the look of that case too, does it light up all purple like in the pics? :D

Now you need to look into OCing your i5 and your 7950 :p and maybe your RAM too ;) more speed!

*AMD.

They're the best bang for buck and offer the best future proofing for all that it means. SSD wouldn't have been possible without dropping the spec of something else, easy enough to sort later on.

AMDs drivers make me want to castrate myself so any potential children I may create never have to deal with them

kharma45

AMDs drivers make me want to castrate myself so any potential children I may create never have to deal with them

They were bad back in the ATI days but now there's not that many issues with them since, especially since they changed from a monthly release schedule to a slower pace like Nvidia releasing them when they're actually finished. It'll take them a while to shake their bad rep.

Arnie

My assumption is that any manager can do what the fuck they want, really, and their punishment is the prerogative of the FA. If you're really, really morally sickened by a few tame jabs at Newcastle, then you're a bit beyond help.

The whole point is that the FA don't treat Ferguson as they would another manager, because of his status in the game. Commenting on the referee's performance after the game like he did following the draw to Swansea, or publicly dressing down the officials before a half resumes, would have consequences for lesser managers.

And secondly, telling Pardew that he's 'forgotten the help he's given to him' is the sort of backwards Ferguson logic that people, vast numbers of people, dislike. It's the attitude of nepotism and favouritism in the game, whereby Ferguson can withdraw loanee signings at the drop of a hat because a club sacked his shitehawk son.

It's all part and parcel of the Ferguson package, and it's unsavoury.

You've brought up all this nonsense about him running the FA, or the press, and that's something I've never argued, something you probably read elsewhere and now peddle as a vast generalisation for all people criticising your holy one. I don't think he's nefariously pulling the strings behind the scenes, but I do think the powers that be, the powers that govern the game, don't treat Ferguson as they would a younger manager, or one with vastly inferior credentials.

That's the argument, and it stems far beyond this morning, only tangentially linked to Ferguson calling Pardew a hypocrite (which he is).

Salazar

Ferguson can withdraw loanee signings at the drop of a hat because a club sacked his shitehawk son.

Fair play, this was beyond pathetic of him. Of much greater moral consequence, assuredly, than winding up Pardew or having animated discussions (unintelligible to observers, though of course it has been assumed that Frogie was spitting disgraceful venom) with the ref.

And the thing about Frogie pulling the strings comes up because it's the only real way in which the moral burden could be meaningfully shifted from the FA and the referees themselves to him.

Arnie

Fair play, this was beyond pathetic of him. Of much greater moral consequence, assuredly, than winding up Pardew or having spirited discussions (unintelligible to observers, though of course it has been assumed that Frogie was spitting disgraceful venom) with the ref.

Discussions with referees are allowed, the rules are in place to facilitate this, managers are encouraged to see referee's in their dressing room roughly 30 minutes after the final whistle. That's standard procedure, Rodgers did it following the draw with Everton.

What's discouraged, and isn't the equivalent to what I've just outlined, is making a demonstration of the officials by berating them in front of the entire stadium, following a disappointing first half. Surely you understand the difference between the two, and why I roll my eyes when you describe it as simply having a 'spirited discussion'.

Most managers would've been sent to the stands for such behaviour, at the very least. Using referee's as human shields when your team's put in a poor performance is also bad form, as Ferguson did following the Swansea match.

Meier

I knew it was bad lately but my god...

Sergio Aguero and Carlos Tevez have each only scored one goal in their last eight games while Mario Balotelli has one in ten and Edin Dzeko just one in 13.

Meier

I thought it was what Arsenal are suffering today, an inability to create chances. It's still hard to believe considering the sheer talent they have. Mancini out, Mou in.
Lots of chances created but as he mentioned, lack of taking shots and or just some bad luck here and there. Tons of tiki taka in the box but no Messi to finish. It's very frustrating.

deroli

Oh, ok - I don't really keep track of the thread, but next time use the Dortmund sign to call us
MA7R6.png
:|

Uh, it was awesome. Breath of fresh air, etc. etc. even though we narrowly missed the EL spots because Hamburg overtook us on the last fixture (fuckers) - still better than the near relegation the season before, lol
He brought along Subotic, which was a huge deal because of how expensive he was (kind of similar to Rogers -> Allen) at the time for us.
Other than that he didn't change the system all that much and most of his other transfers turned out to be interim solutions, but then I'm also not sure who was mainly responsible for those transfers.
Do you like, want me to encourage you to stand by Rogers and hope for better times? Because I dunno, lol - though you could definitely see some differences in terms of how we played, the philosophy and all - but yeah, he definitely needed some time to put forward his idea of football.

/typos

I remember our first season with Klopp very well. It was a huge improvement compared to the season before that (+18 points!). Still, we took some severe beatings against teams like Hoppenheim and Golfsburg and we lost to Udine in the Europa League playoffs, which was a huge bummer. I was so mad when we did not qualify for the EL at the end of the season... nonstop for two weeks heh. Since that day, I do not grant Hamburg any form of success! I still remember Klopp's statement about the referee's decision that lead to Hamburg's goal: "Maybe the ref's assistant mistook the four hamburg players [that were offside] for the opponent's back four so he did not raise his flag?" That still brings a smile on my face. And it relieved my anger a bit at least.

The signing of Subotic was a transfer no supporter understood. Over FOUR million for a defender that had not played a single minute in the bundesliga or any other big league?! People were furious back then! Also, we swapped our best goal scorer Petric for Klopp's "protégé" Zidan and some cash - another unpopular decision. But the money was necessary to rebuild our squad with new players like Santana or Hummels. Other merited players have been replaced one after another: Frei, Dede, Wörns (though not only in 08/09).
It worked out brilliantly as we know :)

Arnie

I remember our first season with Klopp very well. It was a huge improvement compared to the season before that (+18 points!). Still, we took some severe beatings against teams like Hoppenheim and Golfsburg and we lost to Udine in the Europa League playoffs, which was a huge bummer. I was so mad when we did not qualify for the EL at the end of the season... nonstop for two weeks heh. Since that day, I do not grant Hamburg any form of success! I still remember Klopp's statement about the referee's decision that lead to Hamburg's goal: "Maybe the ref's assistant mistook the four hamburg players [that were offside] for the opponent's back four so he did not raise his flag?" That still brings a smile on my face. And it relieved my anger a bit at least.

The signing of Subotic was a transfer no supporter understood. Over FOUR million for a defender that had not played a single minute in the bundesliga or any other big league?! People were furious back then! Also, we swapped our best goal scorer Petric for Klopp's "protégé" Zidan and some cash - another unpopular decision. But the money was necessary to rebuild our squad with new players like Santana or Hummels. Other merited players have been replaced one after another: Frei, Dede, Wörns (though not only in 08/09).
It worked out brilliantly as we know :)
Thanks for this.

Top Bottom