• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT10| A Street Ass Named Premier

Lightning

Banned
I thought it was what Arsenal are suffering today, an inability to create chances. It's still hard to believe considering the sheer talent they have. Mancini out, Mou in.
Ability to create chances is not Arsenal of today's biggest worry. We'd be scoring plenty of goals if RVP was still playing for us. Ask yourself this; how many sitters have we missed this season? The answer is a lot.

Honestly if he had a Cavani as our striker our attack would start to score a lot of goals again. Finishing chances, running the right holes etc... that is Arsenal's problem right now, especially finishing chances and just taking shots. How many times has Gervinho been in perfect position to score only for that stupid first touch of his to be shit? That's our main problem.

Salvadora

Ability to create chances is not Arsenal of today's biggest worry. We'd be scoring plenty of goals if RVP was still playing for us. Ask yourself this; how many sitters have we missed this season? The answer is a lot.

Honestly if he had a Cavani as our striker our attack would start to score a lot of goals again. Finishing chances, running the right holes etc... that is Arsenal's problem right now, especially finishing chances and just taking shots. How many times has Gervinho been in perfect position to score only for that stupid first touch of his to be shit? That's our main problem.

No I respectfully have to disagree. Whilst RVP had the ability to create out of nothing, Arsenal simply do not seem to be creating anywhere near enough chances, even with Gervinho. COME BACK SONG.

Carbonox

You want to know what's NOT an awesome movie? The Raid. Outside of the Mad Dog fight against the bros which was phenomenal, the rest of the film is pretty fucking boring.

Bo-Locks

All this talk about Fergie abusing referees is getting old. Fast.

Neville has said multiple times that the experienced United players know not to berate the referee and that they simply stay in his vicinity and build a rapport with him. Different referees have different personalities and respond in different ways and the players would adapt to that. It's more conducive to stay in the referees ear, and have actual discussions with him rather than spit venom in his face at every given opportunity.

As for Fergie at the weekend, he was well within his rights to have a heated discussion with the referee at HT about what was a very controversial decision. He is able to question and query the decision. This is not a problem. If he starts verbally intimidating, insulting, or questioning the referees integrity then a problem arises. All the images I have seen are of Fergie shouting and discussing the OG incident. Again, this is relatively normal. Unless someone can lip read or had a fucking laser microphone on Fergie and Mike Dean and can tell us exactly what was said, then I'm going to assume that it was all above board since Dean didn't report the incident or discipline Ferguson.

Every week there are managers up and down England shouting at any official in sight and criticizing them after every game. What Fergie did at HT was not so extraordinary or so outrageous that it warrants calls from other managers to have him banned.

United are simply better at interacting with referees and Ferguson shouting and discussing an incident at HT with the referee is not so out of place in the modern game. Other managers sticking their nose in without even knowing what was said is fucking laughable.

If you want to criticize Fergie, then go ahead, I already said that his comments last week were embarrassing, and he's made many mistakes and been punished for his fair share, but to keep exhaustively moaning and bitching with weak (and incorrect) arguments is getting old. In any case, you (by which I mean the media and the other managers and professionals) just play right into his siege mentality.

What's more, I'm very sympathetic to referees. They have a difficult job, they face endless criticism and abuse from every corner (the players, the managers, the media) of the game, they have very little technology at their disposal like in other sports and their pay is shit for what they have to put up with. Different referees respond to different incidents on different days.

You can try and harmonize the referees performance on the pitch by having regular meetings and discussions, but each referee is an individual and will have different limits when it comes to arguing with managers at HT. Had Fergie done this in the middle of the game, then he almost certainly would have been banned.

What's the theory again? That Fergie influences the FA and gets managers he doesn't like demoted? Come on...

Scum

"Augmented Reality Training Failed!"
ojfchvjpg.gif

Wes

venison crêpe
I have something quite scandalous to admit. I'm off to see my first ever live competitive game tomorrow.

Turok_TTZ

I have something quite scandalous to admit. I'm off to see my first ever live competitive game tomorrow.
That is quite scandalous. shame yourself by posting nsfw pics of yourself and make sure we can see ur dick's shadow. trolololololol.

Turok_TTZ

my first time going to a stadium to watch a competitive game was Club America vs Farsalona. We scored four goals before ronaldinho came and ended the match 4-4. I love dinho but i curse his name for that day.
and farsa was lucky. Blanco was not available. had he been around we wud have won!!

Timurid

my first time going to a stadium to watch a competitive game was Club America vs Farsalona. We scored four goals before ronaldinho came and ended the match 4-4. I love dinho but i curse his name for that day.
and farsa was lucky. Blanco was not available. had he been around we wud have won!!

I met Blanco, when he was playing for the fire.

My parents took me to Brøndby - Roma when I was 1 year old, the fuckers let Rudi Völler hold me at the training session before the match (there are pics of me crying with him holding me lol), he then went on to score the winner against Brøndby in the very last minutes of the game.
3AQmK.gif

First match I actually remember was Brøndby winning the league and everyone invading the pitch, like anyone that truly hates something I guess I was tortured with it as a child, fuck Brøndby.

Going Cuntchester.

Staying at a mate's.

Everyone doing real pic?

Done. FOR FACISM

Carbonox

Only way real pic Jan will work is if doicare shows his true face - Kermit.

Does anyone still speak to that lovely boy on Twitter?

Salazar

Ferguson spends much of his professional career being obscenely vilified for his age, his heritage, his appearance, pretty much fucking everything.

He remonstrates with a referee and has a pop at Alan cunt Pardew and the very folks who get off on calling him a bacon-faced drunken Govan tramp fucker (and variations thereof) decide that a behavioural line has been crossed.

It's hilarious. Frogie did nothing out of the ordinary for a football manager. Folks are just mad because it's Frogie.

Arnie

Agreed. Fergie is the victim here.

#prayforwhiskeynose

It's not hypocritical to call him an alcoholic, and then say he shouldn't be publicly dressing down officials.

I'm not purporting the latter because I think it's morally dubious, I'm doing it because it's part of the Respect campaign not to do so, and the FA punish manager's for breaching that. Unless they're Sir Alex Ferguson.

The beef lies mainly with the FA for ignoring it, but that doesn't mean I'm not allowed to call Ferguson a cunt for abusing his position of power. And I mean power in the loosest sense; despite what you might've read, Salazar, not every Liverpool fan believes Ferguson to be some criminal puppeteer, shaping the face of football as we know it.

Salazar

The beef lies mainly with the FA for ignoring it, but that doesn't mean I'm not allowed to call Ferguson a cunt for abusing his position of power. And I mean power in the loosest sense; despite what you might've read, Salazar, not every Liverpool fan believes Ferguson to be some criminal puppeteer, shaping the face of football as we know it.

Fair dos. This sounds reasonable.

Ferguson spends much of his professional career being obscenely vilified for his age, his heritage, his appearance, pretty much fucking everything.

He remonstrates with a referee and has a pop at Alan cunt Pardew and the very folks who get off on calling him a bacon-faced drunken Govan tramp fucker (and variations thereof) decide that a behavioural line has been crossed.

It's hilarious. Frogie did nothing out of the ordinary for a football manager. Folks are just mad because it's Frogie.
Mouthpiece fans whinge about somebody involved in the game for being a mouthpiece. What's new? and why should Ferguson be exempt?

Messi

Finally watched The Hangover 2, what a terribly average film. Why did they change Zack galafaldefbks from a loveable idiot into a dickhead? The monkey was kind of funny, I was more impressed with it actually being a monkey doing that stuff.

I assume they are making an ill advised 3rd film?

Finally watched The Hangover 2, what a terribly average film. Why did they change Zack galafaldefbks from a loveable idiot into a dickhead? The monkey was kind of funny, I was more impressed with it actually being a monkey doing that stuff.

I assume they are making an ill advised 3rd film?

Yeah there's a third one next year. I'd be very surprised if it's any good.

rodvik

Nah, not scandalous, enjoy. I am willing to bet you will be amazed at how much slower the game plays and smaller the pitch seems at the game versus TV.

Carbonox

Best action film I've seen this year. The marketing seemed to put everyone completely off though. No sequel but there should be more Olivia.

I haven't seen a single thing in any promotional material that suggests it's a good film. I guess I'll have to check it out myself.

GorillaJu

Wow Endo Yasuhito just scored a world class goal in the Japanese cup. Holy shit.

This game has been great so far.

Edit: and a beautiful passage of play ends with another classic Endo shot, this one off the crossbar

GorillaJu

You guys should watch this game if you're up and can find a stream. It's 32' in, Ganba Osaka vs Kashima Antlers and its pure brilliance by Osaka. They're putting on a show with their passing. It's lovely to watch

Lightning

Banned
The interviewer is the one that said he's a monument. He simply replied that to him the monument is Real Madrid. Which is true. No player is above his club.
Well of course I know that no player is above any club but with all the turmoil going on it doesn't help. Messi isn't bigger than Barcelona etc...

Slizz

I've hit another level.... What is this level? The level where your grammar is impeccable and still very faded. Night.

Tk9uo.jpg

Nah, not scandalous, enjoy. I am willing to bet you will be amazed at how much slower the game plays and smaller the pitch seems at the game versus TV.
Haha so true. My first experience of live football was just like this. If looked like players were running through water.

There really is nothing better than live football though. You really get a sense of the physical exertion the players go through. And in a weird way whilst the flow of the game seems slower you appreciate more how little time players have on the ball and how brilliantly skilled they are to do what they do with it.

Top Bottom