• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT10| A Street Ass Named Premier

Salazar

You guys may want to put me on ignore before I change my avatar btw. My looks have been known to cause massive coronaries due to sheer envy.

I have changed into my loosest shorts.

I assume Welberg will be the wide right player, in Valencia's absence. Which is disappointing, though I'm confident he'll make a reasonable go of it.

Hey Lego, look what I can do

kIVmE.jpg

:p

Salazar

In 12 Premier League games, home and away, #WBA have never won against #MUFC, losing 10 and drawing two.

#MUFC's 46 points is their best halfway stage haul since 2006 when they had 50.

:lol :lol

Still got Evra, Rio, Rooney, Giggs, Vidic, Carrick, Scholes, Fletcher from that squad.

LegoArmo

Evra isn't having a bad season. Most of United's defensive problems have come from centre back this year, it feels like. Plus he has decided he likes to score goals now, and he's outshone the wingers with his delivery into the box and link up. Rafael too.

Yes Evra is doing okay this year. He still has lapses and still finds himself lost between LB and CB too often but he's not as big a liability as he was last year.

Going forwards he's always been brilliant.

Salazar

Don't understand the Fabio loan at all.

Especially to QPR.

:lol

Henry is supposedly teaching Theo how to play as a central striker. Div commentator was talking about Theo developing his play with his back to goal during the Wigan game - he just doesn't have the strength for it, or the frame for it. I really dunno why Wenger is so keen, or even if he is that enthusiastic, about this role for him.

LegoArmo

For sure. He is far better there than at RB.

Rotation between players and positions is inevitable with our options though, and with Fergie as manager.

My first choice pairing would be Vidic and Smalling.

Same here, very impressed by him. I think Ferguson sees playing young players in a variety of positions as a learning process. Almost all strikers who've been with United since a young age have had stints on the wing, for example, and let's not forget Clever Tom the winger (even out on loan he played this position).

Salazar

Sir Alex Ferguson insists United will not be making any serious transfer moves in the January transfer window.

The Reds have been linked with a whole host of names in the media but the boss will only add to his squad if the right young player with potential becomes available.

"Don’t hold your breath waiting for Manchester United to jump through the transfer window when it opens next week!" he wrote in his exclusive United Review programme column. "If you believed everything you read in the media, we would have the biggest squad in Europe, not to mention becoming bankrupt!

"It’s been open season to link us with a stack of players, admittedly some very good ones, but it just isn’t going to happen.

"You can never say never in football because you don’t know who might become available but, speaking generally, I am not looking to do any serious transfer business in January. I don’t have to because I am more than satisfied with the players I have in my squad, a group as good as any I have had in my time at Old Trafford.

"So we won’t be dashing around in a panic. Of course, as always, we will be on the lookout for young players of potential who we can develop.

"We have always done that and it’s the main reason why we never have to buy out of desperation. We always work for the future as well as trying our best to produce winning teams for the present. Clearly serious injuries can upset your plans and force you to go out for a replacement but, by and large, I think we are well covered to cope with the normal absence of players."

Sir Alex also provided an insight into his thinking with regards to the size of his squad and coping with any absentees.

"I always work on a 10 per cent injury rate so that, on average, I expect that out of a group of 20 players we will be missing a couple," he added.

"It gets tricky if you are hit by more in the same department. It was quite worrying for instance when we had so many defenders out of action earlier in the season, and I think it showed in one or two results."

KEEP HOPE ALIVE, CLEGG

Hoping Fulham dick Swansea really, really hard. Unlikely, but there you go.

dc89

City have to win today. We've won 3 of our last 7. Our worst run since Feb-April 2012. When we almost squandered the title!

We are lacking goals. We're good at the back now, much more settled but the lack of goals is killing us.

LegoArmo

Baines to United rumour doesn't make much sense to me. More likely to end up at Chelsea with Cole out of contract soon. But where does Cole go?

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Your record against Spurs is pretty good.

I expect a draw. City have no pace at all so Sunderland could afford to attack them, with Lennon and Bale in fine form and Bardsley coming in for Rose, any gaps left by Sunderland will be punished brutally as they were against Villa.

Last seasons 0-0 was the worst game I've ever seen and I expect today will be similar.

Cagliari will consider star sales

“For the first time we are finding it tough to pay players [they haven't been paid for two months], but nobody has asked us to leave,” he stated after he told reporters that the club had spent €18m on various stadium projects.

“We’ve already been contacted by clubs for our players and there is a temptation to sell one of our most wanted.

“We have to consider that President Massimo Cellino did not hesitate in ripping up a €15m deal that had been done with a Russian club for the sale of Davide Astori in the summer.

“He also persuaded Radja Nainggolan to stay.

“However, it won’t be easy to now keep the likes of Astori, Nainggolan and Mauricio Pinilla.”

Plasma

Banned
These Nani to Arsenal rumours are a bit stupid, do the papers even think these things through before they print these stories? He's having contract disputes with United because they won't pay him over 100k a week, how is he going to get that at Arsenal.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Spurs team:
@SpursOfficial: Our starting team today: Lloris, Walker, Caulker, Dawson, Naughton, Lennon, Dembele, Sandro, Bale, Adebayor & Defoe #COYS

@SpursOfficial: And our subs today: Friedel, Vertoghen, Huddestone, Livermore, Parker, Dempsey & Sigurdsson #COYS

Jan given a rest, Dempsey back on the bench after groin injury.

Salazar

These Nani to Arsenal rumours are a bit stupid, do the papers even think these things through before they print these stories? He's having contract disputes with United because they won't pay him over 100k a week, how is he going to get that at Arsenal.

Funded by the sale of

Chamakh
Gervinho
Squillaci
Djourou
Arshavin
Fabianski

Salazar

I left off Rosicky because I dunno if you'd get a sale.

Although he's put in the odd shift, whereas the others are just losers through and through. Maybe Rosicky could fill in at Wigan. I feel slightly bad for them, losing Moses and reportedly soon to lose Di Santo.

Spurs team:
@SpursOfficial: Our starting team today: Lloris, Walker, Caulker, Dawson, Naughton, Lennon, Dembele, Sandro, Bale, Adebayor & Defoe #COYS

@SpursOfficial: And our subs today: Friedel, Vertoghen, Huddestone, Livermore, Parker, Dempsey & Sigurdsson #COYS

Jan given a rest, Dempsey back on the bench after groin injury.

Someone suggested on twitter that it's because he's one game away from suspension and that the cards are wiped after this game, although the next game is Reading at home and so are Bale, Defoe and Sandro so it doesn't really make sense.

Top Bottom