• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT10| A Street Ass Named Premier

So Elias is unhappy at Sporting and he feels he stopped getting called up to the national squad because he´s playing for us.
I used to like him but he´s becoming a cunt of the highest order. How the fuck does he expect to be called up to the Brazilian squad when he´s putting this much effort on the matches?

Wilbur

Banned
I like Stoke.

So do I, they get far more flak than they should. The rough cunts criticism is viable, but they play some great stuff. Fast and effective wing play, slowly integrating technique into the side. Away from home against a stronger team they'll employ long ball defensive tactics, but they hardly stand alone in doing so.

Hixx

Meh got what we deserved today, fuck all. After 20 mins we looked knackered and I wasn't surprised after the shift they put in v City.

Also AvB is now on the List

1. Hitcher
2. Yurt
3. AvB

I still think we will sign Rose... but it's going to be a Bent situation if we do.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Walker is the odd man out for me! I'd rather have Smith in there at the moment tbh. On Benny, he's been training for ages and is fit enough to go ice-skating but not to make the bench? Something's wrong there I think. Ignoring the Chelsea thing, there have been quiet rumours he's not happy.

I don't think AVB is trying to be clever over Danny Rose. After what he said before and after the game, I believe he rates him. The Sunderland fans and O'Neill love him. It would be strange if they see something there and AVB doesn't.

I'm probably just being delusional. I don't think it's that odd BAE hasn't been involved as we've had 3 difficult games, the bench is full of match fit players and he's coming back from a major injury. If we are planning on getting rid we'd better have somebody better than Danny bloody Rose in mind for next season.

Salvadora

"I don't really care [about Sir Alex Ferguson's comments], I'm only worried about Newcastle. It's a big game today and I'm really looking forward to it. It's a tough ask for us after the Man Untied game, but we're in good spirits because we performed so well [at Old Trafford]. We've got an important couple of games and if we get anything today it will be a bonus. We've got to hope Arsenal don't stretch us and we still carry the threat we did at United."
RETALIATE!!!!!

Wilbur

Banned
Meh got what we deserved today, fuck all. After 20 mins we looked knackered and I wasn't surprised after the shift they put in v City.

Also AvB is now on the List

1. Hitcher
2. Yurt
3. AvB

I still think we will sign Rose... but it's going to be a Bent situation if we do.

Leave AVB alone you FUCK

So do I, they get far more flak than they should. The rough cunts criticism is viable, but they play some great stuff. Fast and effective wing play, slowly integrating technique into the side. Away from home against a stronger team they'll employ long ball defensive tactics, but they hardly stand alone in doing so.

Honestly some of the stuff they play is better than some top 6 sides. Their image no longer fits them, imo.

I'm probably just being delusional. I don't think it's that odd BAE hasn't been involved as we've had 3 difficult games, the bench is full of match fit players and he's coming back from a major injury. If we are planning on getting rid we'd better have somebody better than Danny bloody Rose in mind for next season.

According to their fans he's been great though. On that popular Sunderland forum some of them suggested they should offer £10 million for him. There's a 10 page thread on those AVB comments. Yeah I'm still a bit pissed about that red against Villa, but dat goal on his PL debut.

Hixx

Rose has been immense. People look at Fletcher and Mig as our star performers this season but for most SAFC fans Rose is easily up there. We looked really poor at the back today and that's cos he wasn't there imo. Kilgannon is not even a quarter of the left back Rose is.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
According to their fans he's been great though. On that popular Sunderland forum some of them suggested they should offer £10 million for him. There's a 10 page thread on those AVB comments. Yeah I'm still a bit pissed about that red against Villa, but dat goal on his PL debut.

I think he can be a good player but he'll never have the technique or guile of BAE. I don't think he complements Bale well at all.

Some of the players on this team only care about themselves. This season has been unbelievable.

It´s seems like Jesualdo Ferreira is starting to clean the house a bit. Izmailov, Boulahrouz and Elias weren´t called to today´s match and seem on their way out while João Mario, Zezinho and Ricardo Esgaio are moving up to the main squad.
I´m starting to think that getting the younger players on the field is the right way to go, Dier was bossing the defense on the last game and trying to motivate the rest of team. That´s how bad things are, a 18 year old player is looking like the most mature person on the field.
João Mario and Zezinho have been impressive on the last 3 years, I truly believe they can make an impact on the team.

Oh my god the Swedish commentators jokes are unbearable:
"Sadly, both the Taylors in Nufc are out so there is noone here to help Wenger with his zipper."
EDIT: FUCK

Arnie

If we don't grab Butland in January I hope we make a push for Krul in the summer. We need another good keeper to challenge Reina.

Simpson's crossing is frankly embarassing for a PL player. Still blows my mind that he's refusing a new contract

@Arnie: Butland, Ince and Sturridge in January, send Butland out on loan straight away. Sound good?

Top Bottom