• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT10| A Street Ass Named Premier

Arnie

QPR are gone, called it well in advance during pre-season when they were signing a bunch of inflated journeymen in the twilight of their careers. Wage list is going to cripple them in the Championship, they'll be in league one within three years, and into administration, too.

Salvadora

Assuming City, United and Chelsea fill the top 3 respectfully, who do you think will grab the 4th spot? I'm so nervous. This feels like the year in which Arsenal don't get CL Football unless we do a Chelsea.

Arnie

Is Sirigu close to challenging Buffon?

Assuming City, United and Chelsea fill the top 3 respectfully, who do you think will grab the 4th spot? I'm so nervous. This feels like the year in which Arsenal don't get CL Football unless we do a Chelsea.

Spurs.

They're close to being a good team, as well as having some great players.

GorillaJu

The last 15 minutes of the second half was fine, we just couldn't penetrate the back 3. The midfield was fine, though. Gerrard, Allen, Johnson played fantastically.

Wilbur

Banned

It's only between you or Spurs. Everton 6th, Liverpool 7th.

I think Spurs have looked better this year overall and have the better squad, but you have the better manager (FOR NOW) and you're Arsenal. You do this every year. It'll be Arsenal.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Did Fellaini play today? If not why not, I thought his ban was over.

edit: I'm wrong, today was his last match of the ban.

qindarka

Banned

Chelsea are hardly clear yet. They also had a seemingly comfortable place in the CL slots at this time last season. Even Man City could potentially get dragged in.

Salvadora

Spurs.

They're close to being a good team, as well as having some great players.
If AVB does some good shopping soon I will be starting to shit myself.
It's only between you or Spurs. Everton 6th, Liverpool 7th.

I think Spurs have looked better this year overall and have the better squad, but you have the better manager (FOR NOW) and you're Arsenal. You do this every year. It'll be Arsenal.
This year feels different though, there feels like a genuine lack of talent in the squad. The CL won't be the same without us.

Arnie

I'd be shitting myself as it is, if I were you.

AVB's a good manager, he's brought in a more rigid philosophy, but that's not to say they can't play attractive football. If anything, Arry's team was too loose, and AVB identified that. Not only that but they're developing a winning mentality within the squad. They get Sneijder, or Moutinho, and it's a lock.

Ushojax

This year feels different though, there feels like a genuine lack of talent in the squad. The CL won't be the same without us.

I think another factor will be players returning from injury. It's a Wenger-cliche but Parker, Kaboul and BAE really will be like new signings to us, they have contributed zero until now and they are three of our top players.

If Diaby and Rosicky can get into the Arsenal team then they could get a similar boost like they did when Wilshire returned.

Salvadora

I'd be shitting myself as it is, if I were you.

AVB's a good manager, he's brought in a more rigid philosophy, but that's not to say they can't play attractive football. If anything, Arry's team was too loose, and AVB identified that. Not only that but they're developing a winning mentality within the squad. They get Sneijder, or Moutinho, and it's a lock.
Yeah those were the names I am dreading. It's not to say I'm not worried now, but I think if they did bring in one or two good players we are fucked.
I think another factor will be players returning from injury. It's a Wenger-cliche but Parker, Kaboul and BAE really will be like new signings to us, they have contributed zero until now and they are three of our top players.

If Diaby and Rosicky can get into the Arsenal team then they could get a similar boost like they did when Wilshire returned.
Yeah you have been missing some key players to give AVB credit. I honestly don't think Diaby or Rosicky will do very much if they return.

Tegris

Enrique's torn his hamstring apparently. It's an absolute must that we get a left back in next month then, we won't get by for the rest of the season with Downing and Robinson.

Mastadon

Banned
15 - QPR are the 15th top-flight team to have 10 or fewer pts (based on 3pts/win) from 20 games. The previous 14 all went down. Doomed.
— OptaJoe (@OptaJoe) December 30, 2012

Arnie

So Jordan Henderson was ill, which would be why he got the hook, then. Pascoe said he was up all night vomiting.

If he doesn't start one of the next two games I'll assault my book shelf.

Unsung hero.

Enrique's torn his hamstring apparently. It's an absolute must that we get a left back in next month then, we won't get by for the rest of the season with Downing and Robinspn.
Massive blow, but shouldn't he only be out for three to four weeks?

Bale recovered from his in that time frame. I'd agree though, left back is a problem area, although we can move Johnson over, and he does play very well there, but we'd need Wisdom to be fit.

Sleepy

On the strength of yesterday's performance, I would say Arsenal. Spurs, maybe.

Labadal

Still think Arsenal 4th, Spurs 5th, LFC or Everton .6th

Ushojax

On the strength of yesterday's performance, I would say Arsenal. Spurs, maybe.

It was 3-3 yesterday until Newcastle ran out of puff and Pardew in his infinite wisdom decided to thin out the midfield.

What Arsenal have done this season is brutally punish teams that defend poorly. Reading, Southampton, Newcastle, 10 man Spurs, 23 of their 39 goals in those 4 games. What they haven't done is actually score a decent number of goals against teams that aren't relegation fodder.

Most of their goals have come in those silly games where the opposition doesn't know WTF they are doing. In games where even the most workmanlike organisation is employed, Arsenal have struggled to score, failing to score against several poor sides.

The main difference between Spurs and Arsenal is that when Arsenal are truly on top of the opposition, they score 4 or 5 goals. Spurs still aren't used to bullying people, we so rarely get 3+ goals, that's something that United, City, Arsenal and Chelsea do far more regularly and that is something that really needs to change. If Adebayor can start fresh and forget about the first half of the season, his goals can really help us. Even yesterday he should have scored 3 times.

Sleepy

Spurs still aren't used to bullying people, we so rarely get 3+ goals, that's something that United, City, Arsenal and Chelsea do far more regularly and that is something that really needs to change.

Which is why I wrote Arsenal. GD could be a factor.

If you do a Chelsea I will quit football, would mean to CL for Copenhagen.

GorillaJu

I think we'll finish 7th or thereabouts this season. Our best days have been fantastic, but the consistency just isn't there where it needs to be. Spurs have been great and Arsenal climbed back up like I expected them to and I think they'll get 4th in the end.

I worry about keeping Suarez this summer, if I'm honest, but he's certainly loyal enough to stay at least another season. He is on a very long term contract and I think he is enjoying his life in Liverpool but he is a top, top player and would start for any of the world's best teams except maybe Barça.

Really, even the Danish champions don't get an automatic spot now?

Us doing badly in Europa League and Fc Nordsjælland being embarrasing hasn't helped, next season we certainly won't, this year the CL champions just have to qualify through their own league and we will get the last spot.

qindarka

Banned
Us doing badly in Europa League and Fc Nordsjælland being embarrasing hasn't helped, next season we certainly won't, this year the CL champions just have to qualify through their own league and we will get the last spot.

Wouldn't worry about that though, at least not yet. Arsenal are likely to be knocked out in the R16, no disrespect to them but they are up against a better team.

Carbonox

I just woke up....

DEBUCHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

balotelli-saiyan.gif

Kyoufu

We still need a CB and a forward if Ba leaves.

I wish we could get Benzema.

Or better yet, the whole France National Team.

Minus Nasri. He wouldn't start for Newcastle.

Carbonox

I wouldn't be surprise if we go for Bafetimbi Gomis. I've always rated him. Remy is just too expensive - be it the purchase money or the wages. He'll want more than Ba wanted from us. Although it would be worth it, plus he can play winger easily, he's just too much I think.

But yes we need a CB and forward. I'd say get Sissoko too because Tiote's going to the ACoN.

Timurid

Minus Nasri. He wouldn't start for Newcastle.

We all know Santon wants to come back home!

Salvadora Quality over Quantity bro.

Top Bottom