• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT10| A Street Ass Named Premier

Timurid

Weigh too much at the moment. But the good news is I know how to get back on track.

-

My Serie A Team of Calendar Year 2012

Starting (Runner Up)

4-4-2

GK: Buffon (Marchetti)
DEF: Barzagli, Chiellini, Cannavaro, Samuel (Bonucci, Lichtsteiner, Pasqual, Maggio)
MF: Pirlo, Vidal, Marchisio, Aquilani (Pizzaro, Pjanic, Nocerino, Alvarez)
ST: Cavani, Jovetic (Klose, El Shaarawy)
El Shaarawy should replace cavani.

Also, Newcastle should get Payet, Martin, and Digne.

El Shaarawy should replace cavani.

If it was for this half of the season, but its calendar 2012. El Shaarawy wasn't anywhere near as good in the second half last season. Mind, he didn't need to be because of Ibra.

Ed: That's a crazy strike force. Sell Destro and add Torje and you'd be set for the next 6/7 seasons.

confuziz

Banned
lololo

di-WVYL.png

Arnie

From Ballague:

Impressive. Chelsea had not won three consecutive away games since 2009. So the fans must be ecstatic. Well, apparently some are not. Up to them. The campaign to get Rafa Benítez out of Chelsea continues, but I must say so many good results (and with a top side like Everton!) are taking away some of its thunder. Interesting. It must be that not everybody were so passionately against Benítez as some of the most extreme ones are making it to be.

Do we non Chelsea fans understand what that is about? It is not that hard to get it, believe me. Some compared it to Figo when he went to Madrid. Would he have been accepted if he had returned to Barcelona? Well, yes, I understand that those Liverpool victories years ago (and the way Benítez defended and represented with pride his own club at the time) must still hurt. In fact, not only I get it, I almost ‘respect’ that kind of feeling if that is what some fans feel.

But what I will never accept is those that said, and are repeating but much much less often, that Benítez is a poor coach. So, every Chelsea step forward, even though I wouldn’t call myself a Blue, is a glass raised for one of the top managers in the world. 13 minutes

Half agree, mostly with the bolded, but I wouldn't say I respect the fans who boo Benitez, I just find them pathetic, and not worth calling 'fans', really.

Well done, Rafa.

Ed: That's a crazy strike force. Sell Destro and add Torje and you'd be set for the next 6/7 seasons.
I'll scout the lad, but I've got a soft spot for Destro.

Always comes in under difficult circumstances and does well. Abel Hernandez of Palermo is on my radar, too.

Fady K

No matter who the manager is, when they are, at the very least, winning games - they should be supported. I still don't feel like Rafa has done wonders for the club (to be fair it has been far too short to assess how much he added to the club) - yet at the same time he is giving Chelsea some solid games. Even though Everton could have embarrassed us today.

Arnie

No matter who the manager is, when they are, at the very least, winning games - they should be supported. I still don't feel like Rafa has done wonders for the club (to be fair it has been far too short to assess how much he added to the club) - yet at the same time he is giving Chelsea some solid games. Even though Everton could have embarrassed us today.

Everton could have embarrassed you, they might've in the past, but what Rafa's done in the very short time he's been at the club is turn you into a solid side all round, rather than a team with clear deficiencies transitioning from attack to defence.

And he's done what two manager's couldn't and played Luiz just ahead of the back four, which in my mind, with a bit of coaching, will be a master stroke. I know injuries perhaps necessitated it, but he had other options, and it's a brilliant switch in my opinion.

Fady K

Everton could have embarrassed you, they might've in the past, but what Rafa's done in the very short time he's been at the club is turn you into a solid side all round, rather than a team with clear deficiencies transitioning from attack to defence.

And he's done what two manager's couldn't and played Luiz just ahead of the back four, which in my mind, with a bit of coaching, will be a master stroke. I know injuries perhaps necessitated it, but he had other options, and it's a brilliant switch in my opinion.

Oh I agree, definitely. Though we were frequently guilty of very bad defending, the situation has improved very much under Rafa.

And credit to him for the Luiz-midfield role; many fans have been crying out for this, myself included, so it is wonderful of Rafa to pull this off. Personally, I'd rather he stay a while rather than have the short-term contract. Personally, I like the guy. I would love to see what he can do for the team over the next few months.

Kyoufu

He's fallen out of favour, not fallen mentally ill.

Ancelotti doesn't want me, lets go and play for Alan Pardew alongside Mike Williamson.

Alongside Coloccini actually. If you're going to troll, then you should at least get the player right.

Fady K

I really like how Pienaar has a "God is great" message on his short every once in a while when he scores a goal, I find it humbling of him. He looks so different with the new hair though. Kinda miss his old hairstyle.

Vitabros, I started my first Vita game and dead system eventually or not, Uncharted: Golden Abyss is BRILLIANT! As an Uncharted fan who likes the second game more than any other game, I am very happy with this game.

Kyoufu

Remember when WoodenLung said Debuchy isn't coming to Newcastle and laughed at me when I said Cabaye is the reason and NOT money?

He waved his Chelski plastic at me and laughed.

Yeah what now son? What now?

Arnie

Oh I agree, definitely. Though we were frequently guilty of very bad defending, the situation has improved very much under Rafa.

And credit to him for the Luiz-midfield role; many fans have been crying out for this, myself included, so it is wonderful of Rafa to pull this off. Personally, I'd rather he stay a while rather than have the short-term contract. Personally, I like the guy. I would love to see what he can do for the team over the next few months.

I think you'll get very close to the top spot by the end of the season, Pep will turn down Abramovich's distrubing approaches in the summer, and Rafa will end up staying next season. I'd love to see how far he'd take you guys in the Champions League.

Alongside Coloccini actually. If you're going to troll, then you should at least get the player right.

It's not even trolling, Sakho is not coming to fucking Newcastle. :lol

Ring ding.

It's all fucking irrelevant Kyoufu because the whole thing's ridiculous. And even then, Coloccini might get suspended again for being a cunt and kicking people, which would leave Sakho alongside Williamson, you donut.

And I'm being blunt today because you've signed Debuchy so there's a temporary injunction against pitying Newcastle. Until Wednesday at least.

I really like how Pienaar has a "God is great" message on his short every once in a while when he scores a goal, I find it humbling of him. He looks so different with the new hair though. Kinda miss his old hairstyle.

Vitabros, I started my first Vita game and dead system eventually or not, Uncharted: Golden Abyss is BRILLIANT! As an Uncharted fan who likes the second game more than any other game, I am very happy with this game.

Yah, U:GA is really good. Lots of features were shoehorned into that game just cos though.

Remember when WoodenLung said Debuchy isn't coming to Newcastle and laughed at me when I said Cabaye is the reason and NOT money?

He waved his Chelski plastic at me and laughed.

Yeah what now son? What now?

I would hope Cabaye is not the reason, because what happens when he leaves?

Top Bottom