• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT10| A Street Ass Named Premier

Lightning

Banned
Not that worried yet regarding top 4. I just want to see us see out January's fixtures without dropping 9-10 points like we done last year. We play Chelsea and Man City in January so if we can win one of those that will be perfect.

I'm sure we'll be able to see off spurs competition.

Hoping for some squad additions in January as well.

Carbonox

Just realised, with January tomorrow, THE LEGENDARY BEAST KNOWN AS PAPISS CISSE WILL ARISE AND SMITE ALL WHO COME BEFORE HIM.

At least you hope. He does love his second half of the season.

Kyoufu

Just realised, with January tomorrow, THE LEGENDARY BEAST KNOWN AS PAPISS CISSE WILL ARISE AND SMITE ALL WHO COME BEFORE HIM.

At least you hope. He does love his second half of the season.

Anything will be better than having him play as a fucking winger. Fuck me. Pardew can sniff and lick my nutsack for that.

I want him central with Ben Arfa, Cabaye and Marvo supporting him. If Remy signs then even better, but Remy says he's considering all his options before deciding. So basically he's not coming.

Timurid

Anything will be better than having him play as a fucking winger. Fuck me. Pardew can sniff and lick my nutsack for that.

I want him central with Ben Arfa, Cabaye and Marvo supporting him. If Remy signs then even better,

I wouldn't sign him if i were newcastle. He has been shit ever since he got injured before the summer.

kKubk.png

The "OfficialLFC" Twitter account is pretty hilarious.

Carbonox

I want him central with Ben Arfa, Cabaye and Marvo supporting him. If Remy signs then even better, but Remy says he's considering all his options before deciding. So basically he's not coming.

Definitely. You just know that Pardew won't drop Gutierrez though. Marveaux unarguably deserves to start over him. Even Obertan does.

If Ba's going literally this coming week then we need a new forward literally this week. Otherwise we might have to use Obertan/Marveaux as a support striker for now.

Arnie

:lol

What happened to Borini, Arnie?

Broken foot, will return next month some time, should be back in training this week.

He basically hasn't even started his career here, but I want to see him played more centrally. Still very young though, again, so it's difficult to judge. I've got faith in him, he's a predator and he's determined. Technically he's sound, for his age. Takes something to break into your national side at that age.

Do I buy Far Cry 3 or not

help me footballgaf you're my only hope
Yes, it's boss.

Games have a tendency to bore me recently but Far Cry 3's endlessly playable because it cuts out all the frustrations. It's like the anti Demon Souls. Run around an island powered up like a superhero hunting animals and assassinating baddies, swimming with sharks or racing on jet skis, bombing down hills on quad bikes or soaring the skies in a paraglider.

Best of EPL 12/13_1 XI:
(from my limited experience with the league)

--------------Júlio César---------------
----------------------------------------
Rafael----Skrtel----Kompany----Baines
Mata-----Cazorla-----Fellaini-------Bale
-----------Suarez-----RvP-------------

That would actually be way too offensive, but yolo.
Best player: Mata

Kyoufu

Definitely. You just know that Pardew won't drop Gutierrez though. Marveaux unarguably deserves to start over him. Even Obertan does.

If Ba's going literally this coming week then we need a new forward literally this week. Otherwise we might have to use Obertan/Marveaux as a support striker for now.

Nah we'll just play Cisse alone. That's what he prefers.

He'd be our only striker though (Shola doesn't count) so we need to BUY BUY BUY

Come on Ashley. Buy players you schmuck!

Best of EPL 12/13_1 XI:

That would actually be was too offensive, but yolo.

Skrtel and Julio Cesar?

Hixx

Broken foot, will return next month some time, should be back in training this week.

He basically hasn't even started his career here, but I want to see him played more centrally. Still very young though, again, so it's difficult to judge. I've got faith in him, he's a predator and he's determined. Technically he's sound, for his age. Takes something to break into your national side at that age.

Yes, it's boss.

Games have a tendency to bore me recently but Far Cry 3's endlessly playable because it cuts out all the frustrations. It's like the anti Demon Souls. Run around an island powered up like a superhero hunting animals and assassinating baddies, swimming with sharks or racing on jet skis, bombing down hills on quad bikes or soaring the skies in a paraglider.

I dunno. Supposed to be a pretty fine game, or so I've heard.
Yes! Finished the campaign last night carried on playing for a few hours. Its a fantastic game, GOTY contender with Halo 4.

I was wanting someone to say no. You fuckers.

Oh well.

ij561oxY8ZaJP.png

Skrtel and Julio Cesar?

He's been godly in that one game vs. some other team, lol
No one's really consistent in the EPL for me if I compare them to German keepers, sorry

Skrtel: I just picked him because I really liked him in some game, might even have been a EL game. Idon'tknowwhatiamdoing :p - I guess Vertonghen was also good at times, especially considering he's a new arrival, but I didn't see too much of him, or didn't notice him enough :|

/typos

Fucking holidays, man. I feel like fat Ronaldo. It's getting increasingly difficult to button up my favourite jeans. I think the moment I get back home I'm going to fast for a couple of days to clean my system of al the junk I've got in it at the moment. Then going back to my low GI, no processed bullshit diet. Too much fucking pie :(

Mastadon

Banned
None's really consistent in the EPL for me if I compare them to German keepers, sorry

Skrtel: I just picked him because I liked him on some game, might even have been a EL game. Idon'tknowwhatiamdoing :p - I guess Vertoghen was also good at times, especially considering he's a new arrival, but I didn't see too much of him, or didn't notice him enough :|

Skittles is probably fair enough. There haven't been any really standout CBs this year.

Wilbur

Banned
Best of EPL 12/13_1 XI:

Mignolet's definitely been the best keeper this year. Kompany's been generally quite poor. Cazorla and Bale have had a few standout games but not consistently threatening.

Carbonox

Skittles is probably fair enough. There haven't been any really standout CBs this year.

Yeah, most teams have displayed horrendous defense at some point or another.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a Stoke defender on the official lists at the end of the season.

Hixx

Fucking holidays, man. I feel like fat Ronaldo. It's getting increasingly difficult to button up my favourite jeans. I think the moment I get back home I'm going to fast for a couple of days to clean my system of al the junk I've got in it at the moment. Then going back to my low GI, no processed bullshit diet. Too much fucking pie :(

I've lost weight. I had my favourite jeans on yesterday and I spent most of the day hoisting them up. Mind I do need to lose weight I'm a right fat bastard.

Arnie

Best of EPL 12/13_1 XI:

Not bad.

No way Rafael, Skrtel, or Cesar should be in there, though.

Zabaleta or Johnson over Rafael, Shawcross or Jagielka over Skrtel, and Begovic or Mignolet over Cesar.

Hixx

No one's really consistent in the EPL for me if I compare them to German keepers, sorry

Skrtel: I just picked him because I really liked him in some game, might even have been a EL game. Idon'tknowwhatiamdoing :p - I guess Vertonghen was also good at times, especially considering he's a new arrival, but I didn't see too much of him, or didn't notice him enough :|

/typos

0,,10281~10397263,00.jpg

Ever since The Mig put on this mask he became the best keeper in the league.

Thank you Emile Heskey. You fucking thug.

Kyoufu

We have more French players than Arsenal in our first team.

Now we just need Arsene Wenger as manager. Come on Arsene, you know you want to.

Carbonox

Hmm aren't Douglas and Sissoko in the last season of their contracts? If they're both free at the end, we could get them at a low price. Two players who would be ideal and very valuable for us. Not even 10m for the pair of them I reckon.

Sissoko is another good pal of Cabaye's. The French TRIFORCE of Debuchy, Cabaye and Sissoko.

Oxx

Who would have thought that sitting down and doing nowt but eating and drinking would be so unhealthy?

I've been back to the gym a few days now, but I still have half a box of beer to finish before 2013.

At least I ate all my chocolate pretty swiftly.

I've lost weight. I had my favourite jeans on yesterday and I spent most of the day hoisting them up. Mind I do need to lose weight I'm a right fat bastard.

Weigh too much at the moment. But the good news is I know how to get back on track.

-

My Serie A Team of Calendar Year 2012

Starting (Runner Up)

4-4-2

GK: Buffon (Marchetti)
DEF: Barzagli, Chiellini, Cannavaro, Samuel (Bonucci, Lichtsteiner, Pasqual, Maggio)
MF: Pirlo, Vidal, Marchisio, Aquilani (Pizzaro, Pjanic, Nocerino, Alvarez)
ST: Cavani, Jovetic (Klose, El Shaarawy)

Top Bottom