• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT10| A Street Ass Named Premier

So let say Ferguson put that Moyes(who ever that guy is) first, then he puts Pep second. Do you really think the directive would let the chance of having guardiola as Manager pass? I don't see it. At all.
They will appoint whoever Fergie tells them to appoint.

Wilbur

Banned
They will appoint whoever Fergie tells them to appoint.

roy-keane.jpg

Arnie

St. Mary's in Twickenham, doing English Literature with Creative & Professional Writing.

Yeah I'm an arty fuck
Arty farty, but there's nothing wrong with that.

Fuck all the scrooges who insist on Engineering being the only degree worth a damn.
So let say Ferguson put that Moyes(who ever that guy is) first, then he puts Pep second. Do you really think the directive would let the chance of having guardiola as Manager pass? I don't see it. At all.
Firstly, you underestimate how much say Ferguson has within United, there basically isn't a director above him. And secondly, or more importantly your second mistake, there is no second choice.

But, as I feel I haven't illuminated the situation enough, I'll spell it out: Pep does not fit the profile of a United manager. United will want a manager who can build, and importantly rebuild teams over the course of a decade, or longer. They want a manager who's a good coach and communicator, and to Ferguson that epitomises Moyes. And they want a manager with the same ethos as Ferguson, powerful wingers, lots of crosses, physical but fair.

And I'm leaving out the reasons why Pep wouldn't want to take the job, but I'm only half way through his book so I don't have the full picture. But his book starts with a paragraph that basically spells out how during his time at Barcelona, Pep realised he's not the sort of manager that Ferguson is.

Wilbur

Banned
If I go there, will do.
Which reminds me, exams in 2 weeks, won't be on here almost at all in the New Year.

Had my exams before Christmas bwahahah

My modules next year are

History of English Language (compulsory FUCK)
Scriptwriting
Gender & Society In The 19th Century Novel
Lyrics & Poetry

and only one of them is exam

They would if he was suggesting only him. But the way fergie talks about Pep... yeah... I'm not sure Pep is not his first choice
Pep is his first choice.

Moyes was for a long time.

It's now Pep. Fergie is fascinated by him. Who knows what will happen but I feel 99% sure from what I've been told by people who seem to know these things, that if they asked who he reccomends he would say Pep.

Then it's down to the club actually getting him which is a different challenge itself.

Wilbury, aren't you at Uni?

Which Uni you at?

I dare you to change your picture to Shebby Singh, and go into the RPJ thread and act like it's you.

The best thing about Shebby Singh Robbie is all you need to do is buy one of these

fake-glasses-with-moustache.jpg

And you have the perfect Shebby costume

Arnie

Wilbury when you graduate we'll write a script for a sitcom about a terrible football agent who keeps getting his players shit deals, and we'll waltz into the BBC in white suits and walk out with bags of cash.

It'll be like Mike Bassett mixed with The Office.

I don't follow EPL too much. So i guess he may be fergie´s second hand.
He's a Scotsman who's managed Everton admirably for the past decade.

K1LLER7

Wilbury, you'll do well at Lyrics & Poetry.

Watched Jack Reacher, thought it was really good. Some funny moments thrown in too. Can't hate on Tom Cruise, and Rosamund Pike daymn ;)

Slizz

Watched Jack Reacher, thought it was really good. Some funny moments thrown in too. Can't hate on Tom Cruise, and Rosamund Pike daymn ;)

Thought Reacher was good as well. Terrible marketing for the movie though...

Kyoufu

Quiet you! we both know that the MLS all stars would stomp fraudcastle.

I don't know

We've taken shits on Barcelona, Juventus and Inter.

We are a force in Europe. MLS all stars are made up of old has-beens who somehow get paid for being shit in front of unsuspecting American civilians who don't know any better.

G-Unit

Arty farty, but there's nothing wrong with that.

Fuck all the scrooges who insist on Engineering being the only degree worth a damn.

Firstly, you underestimate how much say Ferguson has within United, there basically isn't a director above him. And secondly, or more importantly your second mistake, there is no second choice.

But, as I feel I haven't illuminated the situation enough, I'll spell it out: Pep does not fit the profile of a United manager. United will want a manager who can build, and importantly rebuild teams over the course of a decade, or longer. They want a manager who's a good coach and communicator, and to Ferguson that epitomises Moyes. And they want a manager with the same ethos as Ferguson, powerful wingers, lots of crosses, physical but fair.

And I'm leaving out the reasons why Pep wouldn't want to take the job, but I'm only half way through his book so I don't have the full picture. But his book starts with a paragraph that basically spells out how during his time at Barcelona, Pep realised he's not the sort of manager that Ferguson is.

Yeah, good luck with that. Remember me when you are proved wrong.

Wilbur

Banned
Wilbury when you graduate we'll write a script for a sitcom about a terrible football agent who keeps getting his players shit deals, and we'll waltz into the BBC in white suits and walk out with bags of cash.

It'll be like Mike Bassett mixed with The Office.

We'll call it

CUNT: The Life Of Mino Raiola

serious tho I wanna write a sitcom and send it off to the BBC writer's grant thing. Hop in with me now Arnold, we'll be the Spice Boys of the generation but without the shit team affiliation

My best work is in poem form.

How was Werner Herzog?

Arnie

PPE, politics, law. Staying in NI.
Basically, I'll be one of those people with degrees, but no job to go into :-

Me in six months.

Got an internship marketing at Adidas in Easter, hoping to charm the fuck out of them and bag something in the summer. Either that or I'll be sat in Preston wanking twice a day and posting on here about which average British talent Liverpool are going to buy, or how I feel we'll get fourth place in the coming season.

Yeah, good luck with that. Remember me when you are proved wrong.

Because Pep's shown he can rebuild teams.

Your argument is flawed, you didn't even know who Moyes is.

You're sat in the dark, and I'm asking if I can turn the light on for you, but you're refusing.

Salvadora

PPE, politics, law. Staying in NI.
Basically, I'll be one of those people with degrees, but no job to go into :-

We'll be cunts together! It looks like I'm going to have to wait for a Belfast Met course in the fall.
No, I know plenty of people who haven't sent theirs away yet (though schools demand they're sent away before Christmas)
Do you know of anyway for me to get into Uni in 2013 without A levels?

Me in six months.

Got an internship marketing at Adidas in Easter, hoping to charm the fuck out of them and bag something in the summer. Either that or I'll be sat in Preston wanking twice a day and posting on here about which average British talent Liverpool are going to buy, or how I feel we'll get fourth place in the coming season.
Easter? Just before your finals? Fearless bastard.

Good luck mate. Internships are invaluable. Wish I had one.

Arnie

Easter? Just before your finals? Fearless bastard.

Good luck mate. Internships are invaluable. Wish I had one.

Yes, two week stint. Going to be tubing it around the urban jungle that is London, swearing at Oyster Card machines and living out of a bag. Excited, but a bit daunted. I'll have my laptop, so I imagine I'll have to do lots of work in the evenings.

wait wait..... WAIT

Yeah now im sure you are 100% wrong with him been the number one and only choice for fergie

You're coming at this from the wrong perspective, the Catalan perspective.

Yen

We'll be cunts together! It looks like I'm going to have to wait for a Belfast Met course in the fall.

Do you know of anyway for me to get into Uni in 2013 without A levels?
Not sure, download a University of Ulster prospectus. Fairly sure it has all that information.

Arnie, you could live with Wilbury when you're in London.

G-Unit

Me in six months.

Because Pep's shown he can rebuild teams.

Your argument is flawed, you didn't even know who Moyes is.

You're sat in the dark, and I'm asking if I can turn the light on for you, but you're refusing.

Ok now you make no sense.

Arnie

We'll call it

CUNT: The Life Of Mino Raiola

serious tho I wanna write a sitcom and send it off to the BBC writer's grant thing. Hop in with me now Arnold, we'll be the Spice Boys of the generation but without the shit team affiliation

I'm in. I'll turn up at your door one day with a typewriter, and a sausage and egg mcmuffin, and we'll start brainstorming.

Arnie, you could live with Wilbury when you're in London.
Staying with a good friend from High School who I don't really see much anymore. It's going to be a bit awkward, but it should be alright. Not exactly looking forward to it, sleeping in a sleeping bag etc.
Ok now you make no sense.
He's only ever built one team.

That's a fact.

Yes, two week stint. Going to be tubing it around the urban jungle that is London, swearing at Oyster Card machines and living out of a bag. Excited, but a bit daunted. I'll have my laptop, so I imagine I'll have to do lots of work in the evenings.

You're coming at this from the wrong perspective, the Catalan perspective.
London's the bestest so if you have any bestest within you youll love it.

I feel like a dick. I'm agreeing with G-unit but he's like a blauranga doicare or something. Feels weird.

Wilbur

Banned
I'm in. I'll turn up at your door one day with a typewriter, and a sausage and egg mcmuffin, and we'll start brainstorming.

Fuck Adidas, just kip at mine. We can stay up reading all my old Match magazines and make my bro fetch us bar after bar of Rice Krispies Squares

Salvadora

I'm going to work for the first half of 2013 in PriceWaterhouseCoopers to pay for University. It will all work out in the end, depending of what I want to do.

Top Bottom