• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT10| A Street Ass Named Premier

Arnie

I'm going to work for the first half of 2013 in PriceWaterhouseCoopers to pay for University. It will all work out in the end, depending of what I want to do.

Don't they pay really good money?

I was told to look at them for a graduate job, because you can be earning nearly £30k a year doing PR there.

G-Unit

The thing is... I don't think United Board or Fergie cares to have a 10 year coach. And they know Guardiola does not believe in such times. But I bet they believe having guardiola could have a long lasting impact on ManU style of play. Not necessarily the same as barca, hell it could be something better for some people (not everyone likes tiki taka).

So thinking that Guardiola is Unfit just because guardiola himself does not see him as a future Fergie, makes 0 sense to me.

I see Fergie taking a role as General Manager, while having Pep as coach.

Arnie

Arnie are you heading for a first?

You not been applying for grad jobs yet?

High 2:1 at the moment, would take a mountain of effort to grab a first.

Looking through PWC graduate jobs now, they all seem audit heavy, but they assure you that the subject of your degree doesn't matter, because they'll retrain you. Seems dull as dishwater, but it's money, and they've got jobs in the North West (Liverpool and Manchester).

Going to Manchester tomorrow for New Year. Getting the train in the day and having an all day session.

The thing is... I don't think United Board or Fergie cares to have a 10 year coach. And they know Guardiola does not believe in such times. But I bet they believe having guardiola could have a long lasting impact on ManU style of play. Not necessarily the same as barca, hell it could be something better for some people (not everyone likes tiki taka).

So thinking that Guardiola is Unfit just because guardiola himself does not see him as a future Fergie, makes 0 sense to me.

I see Fergie taking a role as General Manager, while having Pep as coach.
United have a style of play, a winning style, one that everyone is happy with. They aren't City, they don't need someone to come in and change the club from top to bottom. They need a respectable, hard working coach to come in and continue the great work done by Ferguson, and build upon the foundations he's set.

This is going to make me sick...

They need a Bob Paisley to their Bill Shankly.

Salvadora

Are you currently studying for A-levels?
I'm saving money so I can afford to do A-Levels, really or the equivalent.
Don't they pay really good money?

I was told to look at them for a graduate job, because you can be earning nearly £30k a year doing PR there.
I'm working for the first half of 2013, it seems. £7 for business to business, and £6.50 for everything else. It's to enable me to re-enter education .

G-Unit

He's only ever built one team.

That's a fact.

He rebuilt a team who lost the north with Rijkard. He won't need to do it multiple times since he would be staying for a 5 year span.

Did that other dude build multiple teams winning several championships? I don't think so, else I would have know who he is

High 2:1 at the moment, would take a mountain of effort to grab a first.

Looking through PWC graduate jobs now, they all seem audit heavy, but they assure you that the subject of your degree doesn't matter, because they'll retrain you. Seems dull as dishwater, but it's money, and they've got jobs in the North West (Liverpool and Manchester).

Going to Manchester tomorrow for New Year. Getting the train in the day and having an all day session.

United have a style of play, a winning style, one that everyone is happy with. They aren't City, they don't need someone to come in and change the club from top to bottom. They need a respectable, hard working coach to come in and continue the great work done by Ferguson, and build upon the foundations he's set.

This is going to make me sick...

They need a Bob Paisley to their Bill Shankly.
They are predit audit heavy, same with the likes of Deloitte, KPMG etc. Brilliant career opportunities though.

You should look into some of the big MNC's like Unilever, Microsoft, BP etc...they all have dedicated PR/Marketing graduate roles which aren't weighed down with the maths bullshit. Big intakes too.

I'm saving money so I can afford to do A-Levels, really or the equivalent.

I'm working for the first half of 2013, it seems. £7 for business to business, and £6.50 for everything else. It's to enable me to re-enter education .
If you want to go to University I would suggest you work towards some A-Levels.

Meier

Reading some of these transfer gossip round ups...always funny. Lmao at the rumor Arsenal are interested in Baines at £10m. If he goes anywhere near that and City don't buy him then I'm ready to get rid of #BasedTxiki.

Arnie

He rebuilt a team who lost the north with Rijkard. He won't need to do it multiple times since he would be staying for a 5 year span.

Did that other dude build multiple teams winning several championships? I don't think so, else I would have know who he is

That's a very ignorant view of football.

I'm not the biggest fan of Moyes for other reasons, but just because he hasn't won the Premier League with Everton doesn't mean he can't manage United. He's done extremely well with the resources available to him; he can't pluck Messi, Xavi, or Iniesta from the La Masia academy, or spend £20 million on Alexis Sanchez, or David Villa. What he has spent, he's spent well, and he's built teams that've performed well above Everton's status, slowly improving through solid coaching values.

Secondly, United want the next Ferguson, somebody who's going to take the club forwards for the next decade, not someone who's going to challenge for immediate success but drift off when the stress of the job gets too much after a few years. You're overlooking this. United's next appointment is expected to stay at the club for a long time, not a few years.

And, without being disrespectful, you don't know who Moyes is because you seem to know very little about English football.

Yeah I'm done with Arnie. Time will tell but I see you living in a delusional sphere around United.
I'm a Liverpool fan. I despise United, and I despise Everton, and I despise Ferguson, and I despise David Moyes.

I despise bullshit, too, which is why I'm persisting with you.

You should look into some of the big MNC's like Unilever, Microsoft, BP etc...they all have dedicated PR/Marketing graduate roles which aren't weighed down with the maths bullshit. Big intakes too.
Thanks, will do.

So we're looking to buy Spanish midfielder Pedro Obiang from Sampdoria, apparently. City was inquiring about him as well. Napoli too. Also, apparently, Sampdoria wants De Ceglie aka Ashton Kutcher in exchange. I'm not sure I'm meant to be excited by this, but yeah. Yurt might be happy.

Salvadora

The only reason I really have to get earning is because they charge me £31 for my overdraft, and I don't really have a choice, I need to get rid of it regardless.
I was about to mention that. Have two friends who got in that way, seems like a good route.
Is it free?

G-Unit

I laugh every time you mention they want a coach for a decade. That's not something you can plan. It sort of happens IMO.

I also laugh when somehow this other guys merit are for some fairy tail better than guardiola's

Yeah, I dunno, I dunno. If anything the bs is closer to you from this point of view

Wilbz, I think we are going to get Zaha. Brace yeself.
What. Why?

I laugh every time you mention they want a coach for a decade. That's not something you can plan. It sort of happens IMO.

I also laugh when somehow this other guys merit are for some fairy tail better than guardiola's

Yeah, I dunno, I dunno. If anything the bs is closer to you from this point of view
Youre right you can't plan for that. But at United they will want a manager who at least has a vision for that length of time.

Pep is #1 on the list though. You've got that right.

I hope Fergie stays for another 5 years anyway. We won't get a better manager than him.

Arnie

You're quite right, but it's the sort of thing that doesn't happen if the manager coming in is frank and open that he won't be in the job for that amount of time. If Pep can't last five years at his cherished Barcelona, he isn't going to last a decade at Manchester United. Fact. And that's a problem for Manchester United.

You don't know who David Moyes is or what he's done, so you're best just forgetting about him. It's a pointless debate if you're oblivious to half the argument.

Top Bottom