• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT10| A Street Ass Named Premier

Finally got round to watching MOTD, easily the best round of premier league games I can remember in a long time, certainly this season.

Cameron Jerome's goal, geez.

Shebby Singh was a pretty good television commentator. Loved him when I was a kid.

But why the fuck is he in Blackburn. That's like taking a poster on Goal.com as a coach.

Salazar

But why the fuck is he in Blackburn. That's like taking a poster on Goal.com as a coach.

Global Advisor, fighting enemies inside and outside.

The best transfer mugs in the world are revving their engines again.

It's not often I'd advocate spending £15m on a player from the SPL, but I think Wanyama is that rare player who would be a good signing even at that price. The points you make are all valid but I think that we could probably prise him away for £12m with a bit of haggling. They've got to be reasonable, their Champions League run will probably end soon enough and they're competing in a dying league with very little by way of financial prospect in the immediate future. £10m with some enticing add-ons or straight £12m. I think they'd be stupid to not take it. Bird in the hand and all that. We could also loan them some young players now and next season who are more than capable of competing in the SPL. Wisdom, Robinson, Flanagan, Coady etc.

:lol :lol :lol :lol

Hear that, Celtic ? You'd be daft. Boss offer, that.

LegoArmo

Global Advisor, fighting enemies inside and outside.

The best transfer mugs in the world are revving their engines again.

:lol :lol :lol :lol

Hear that, Celtic ? You'd be daft. Boss offer, that.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

And no, your shite youth are not capable of competing in the SPL or even with Celtic's own youth prospects. Wisdom maybe. But no thank you.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
I don't think some of the EPL teams could hack it in SFL3. You think Stoke is bad? Try a rainy night in Elgin or Peterhead.

LegoArmo

I don't think some of the EPL teams could hack it in SFL3. You think Stoke is bad? Try a rainy night in Elgin or Peterhead.

The Scottish league is definitely not the place to send wee boys, especially if you want them back with their legs intact.

Wisdom looks a bit tough, though, he'd probably be fine. £12m plus him on a permanent basis, then it's a deal... maybe.

Celtic don't exactly need the money, anyway, I think Wanyama will be staying until the summer.

Lightning

Banned
And the more I keep telling people it's nailed on.

Don't know why United fans keep wasting their breath on Pep and Mourinho, it isn't happening. It's well mannered, hard working, Scottish, respectable, Christian, David Moyes.
This will be fantastic for United if it is. David Moyes is an excellent manager and has been able to turn shit into gold for Everton for quite some time. They will still win plenty with Moyes as manager and they will have a manager who wont draw unnecessary bullshit like Mourinho will.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
Appointing anyone at United is going to be a massive gamble. If it's Mourinho or Pep then they're not going to have the lasting power someone like Fergie (or Wenger) has. A move for someone like Moyes in that case might be genius, but then it could backfire. Who knows.

Salazar

Walcott deserves a lengthy ban for that handclap and spin goal celebration

What a prat.

Got barber'd this morning. I look like I play for Stoke reserves.

pulga

Banned
Hey you loveable cunts, Im having an amazing time in Barcelona. Should I feel dirty?

Also, Ive discovered a fuckton of footballers have Instagram. Posted one of Falcao sodomizing a dolphin on the facebook group, if anyone's curious.

Edit: Fucking colombians.

6115_10151311795289691_170495609_n.jpg

GorillaJu

My next haircut is scheduled in about 10 days. I'm applying for jobs now and I've already sold my most important possessions to be able to afford it.

pulga

Banned
Xabi Alonso, what a class act. Wont sign a new contract until the end of the season because he wants to make sure he can keep his form up. Says he doesnt want to be a burden to the team. Love you, Gingerbeard <3

Lightning

Banned
We're being linked with everyone. Luke Shaw for 5mil, Baines for 10mil and Zaha for unknown fee. Personally don't want any of them at the moment as none of them will help our top 4 push and Gibbs has just extended his contract so can't see any bids for Baines forthcoming.

Salazar

We're being linked with everyone. Luke Shaw for 5mil, Baines for 10mil and Zaha for unknown fee. Personally don't want any of them at the moment as none of them will help our top 4 push and Gibbs has just extended his contract so can't see any bids for Baines forthcoming.

To be honest, Arsenal should be tentative in buying without hitting the eject button on some of the waster filth.

Yda87.jpg

Lightning

Banned
To be honest, Arsenal should be tentative in buying without hitting the eject button on some of the waster filth.
A few of the crappy players are coming off contract at the end of the season anyway. Arshavin, Squlliaci, Chamkah etc... are all on their last year I think so that will free up places in the squad anyway. Just need to get rid of Gervinho now but I do expect him go leave soon. Wenger is not even using him as a sub at the moment which is what he did to Arshavin before freezing him out completely.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
Tommy Gemmell on Platini "So Serie A clubs should always beat SPL opposition? Listen, in my day we got fed up beating Italian teams".

lol

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
If Southampton can do it why can't you guys? Depends if they want to play though because no one parks the bus better than those fuckers.

Judging by the way they played against us last week they will revert to their standard tactics. They only stop their timewasting/hoofing/fouling style when playing soft teams like Liverpool.

Top Bottom