• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT10| A Street Ass Named Premier

Salazar

Lol

Newcastle fan, voice cracking with emotion, bleating about Arsenal getting midweek off on 606.

Top show this, what with Shebby as well.

Kyoufu

Lol

Newcastle fan, voice cracking with emotion, bleating about Arsenal getting midweek off on 606.

Top show this, what with Shebby as well.

Well it was unfair but it wouldn't have been an issue if we had a squad that could rotate and rest players. That one's on the club owner.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Apparently Modric has been voted "worst signing of the season", by Marca readers.

Alex Song came second.

iUhi27k1RhVe2.gif

It was as stupid transfer that never made any sense. If Real wanted a marquee signing they should have bought a defender.

Kyoufu

Modric is all humble and grateful to be wearing a Madrid shirt.

Mourinho needs to slap him in the face and tell him to play some fucking football instead being all proud and shit.

None of those transfers made sense.

Song made sense to an extent. He's not been that bad with Barcelona when he's played and it's difficult to judge a player only half way through his first season. We wanted somebody tall and physically imposing who could take Busquests place if he got injured or rotation was needed. In addition I think he was signed with one eye on turning him into a CB like Mascherano, only with the added height and muscularity needed to help with teams who like to throw the ball into our box.

We've tried signing straight out CB's but it hasn't worked because they aren't technically good enough to play the ball out of the back under pressure. In the top leagues Arsenals style of play and insistence on pass and move (plus their inability to retain players due to lack of trophies) made Song a decent fit. It's too early to tell whether Song will be a bad signing. He knew when he came he wasn't going to be in the first 11 every game.

Ba is definitely worth £15m.

After all the stories about his knee, he's played for 2 years in the PL without any serious injuries at all, and in that time he's scored less than only RVP and Rooney.

If he isn't worth more than Daniel Sturridge or at least as much as Steven Flethcher then I'm not sure who is. Not like he's hitting 30 or anything either.

Pachimari

I don't understand where you guys are getting that Modric has been a fiasco signing for us after half a year. At least give it the season.

I don't understand where you guys are getting that Modric has been a fiasco signing for us after half a year. At least give it the season.

Modric isn't a bad player. He's suffering from a couple of things. Madrids style of play doesn't suit him. Modric would make more sense in a possession based team like Barca than a counter attacking team. He's caught up in a political situation that is impacting inside a split dressing room. Difficult at the best of times, worse if you have just joined a new club and need to feel settled and wanted. Third Mourinho has used him as a scapegoat on a number of occasions which is pretty shitty man management, especially when Modric is hardly the reason Madrid are under performing this season.

That said, I still think it was a strange decision to buy him - I can only assume it's because Mou doesn't get on with Ozil.

Clegg

Looks like Henriquez is going on loan to Wigan.

Still a bit disappointed we haven't actually seen him play for United's senior team. He's obviously picking up things from Rooney/RVP but that's no substitute for game time.

Hope this loan goes well for him.

Clegg

Jamie Redknapp's team of the season (so far):

Asmir Begovic

Pablo Zabaleta
Ashley Williams
Ryan Shawcross
Leighton Baines

Michael Carrick
Michu
Juan Mata
Gareth Bale

Luis Suarez
Robin Van Persie

Ushojax

Asmir Begovic

Pablo Zabaleta
Ashley Williams
Ryan Shawcross
Leighton Baines

Michael Carrick
Michu
Juan Mata
Gareth Bale

Luis Suarez
Robin Van Persie

That's a bit more like it, although I hate it when they cough up such an unworkable midfield just to crowbar in so many attacking players.

If I were making a proper 442 from the best midfielders so far this season then I would have:

Mata Sandro Carrick Bale

Tc91

Pat Nevin seemed a bit biased towards City last night and on MoTD3. Is he a City fan?

If I were making a proper 442 from the best midfielders so far this season then I would have:

Mata Sandro Carrick Bale

Replace Sandro with Fellaini, agree with the rest though.

Still a bit disappointed we haven't actually seen him play for United's senior team. He's obviously picking up things from Rooney/RVP but that's no substitute for game time.

He needs to play so it's right we're looking to loan him out.

Just as with Powell we've had him for half a year and will have been able to asses their current level, training schedules and needs so it's a good time to loan them out.

Wigan are a good side to loan to. I just hope he gets to play, apparently Martinez sees him as back up to Kone. Can't really ask for more than that so I guess we have to hope he really impresses and forces his way into the team for some minutes.

Still think we should have held out for a year or loaned him back.

Salazar

I think it's a good choice. He'll have to help create quite a bit there. He'd probably be handy to them just as a finisher, but Martinez will hopefully ask a lot more of him.

Like Viva says, Kone will be in his road, but sometimes it is clear as day that Kone isn't getting anywhere, and Gohan is sufficiently different to look like an appealing sub.

Az

Asmir Begovic

Pablo Zabaleta
Ashley Williams
Ryan Shawcross
Leighton Baines

Michael Carrick
Michu
Juan Mata
Gareth Bale

Luis Suarez
Robin Van Persie

Begovic <3
Hope he goes to a better team.

Clegg

He needs to play so it's right we're looking to loan him out.

Just as with Powell we've had him for half a year and will have been able to asses their current level, training schedules and needs so it's a good time to loan them out.

Wigan are a good side to loan to. I just hope he gets to play, apparently Martinez sees him as back up to Kone. Can't really ask for more than that so I guess we have to hope he really impresses and forces his way into the team for some minutes.

Still think we should have held out for a year or loaned him back.

Don't get me wrong, I think loaning him out is the right thing to do. I just hoped we'd see him play for United before going on loan.

Hopefully he gets some proper gametime there.

Salazar

Sounded like Frogie was going to rest Carrick against Wiggum, too. Said he was knackered.

Hopefully Giggs is actually unable to stand, or we'll probably get him.

Asmir Begovic

Pablo Zabaleta
Ashley Williams
Ryan Shawcross
Leighton Baines

Michael Carrick
Michu
Juan Mata
Gareth Bale

Luis Suarez
Robin Van Persie

I disagree with him on Carrick. In the first quarter, he was playing below average. He picked it up and started playing decent, and finally has started to hit last year's form.

Edit: I read that Gohan couldn't play with United's first team, unless it was the capital one cup.

Ushojax

AVB saying there are two PL clubs interested in loaning our young RB Adam Smith, currently at Millwall. It would be great if he could do what Walker, Caulker, Naughton and Rose have done and get that experience.

We're really building a fine collection of young English defenders right now.

Arnie

AVB saying there are two PL clubs interested in loaning our young RB Adam Smith, currently at Millwall. It would be great if he could do what Walker, Caulker, Naughton and Rose have done and get that experience.

We're really building a fine collection of young English defenders right now.
I really rate Adam Smith, he was the U21s best player when I last saw them.

Couldn't improve on that, IMO.

I'd swap Silva for Fellaini.

HBA for Silva.
Don't take the piss.

Hixx

The Mirror reckons Lorik Cana wants to come back to Sunderland. He can fuck off, the way he left.

But if he did come back he'd instantly be the best looking bloke in the league.

-

Also I wish these nobheads making up team of the seasons would stop putting Michu in midfield. He's played as their striker more often than not, it's why Danny Graham can't get a game.

Top Bottom