• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT10| A Street Ass Named Premier

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I wonder what it collapsed over.

Surely Chelsea of all clubs aren't going to care about wages/agent fees. He must be demanding an awful lot if that's why it's broken down. Maybe they told him he'd be second choice behind Torres.

Lightning

Banned
I still can't believe we let Nuri Sahin slip through our fingers. He would have been the perfect Arteta replacement once his fitness got up there. Such a shit decision from Wenger.

Yen

I still can't believe we let Nuri Sahin slip through our fingers. He would have been the perfect Arteta replacement once his fitness got up there. Such a shit decision from Wenger.
He hasn't been very good. Wouldn't be upset if we didn't sign him permanently. Need a no. 10 though.

Xabi Alonso, what a class act. Wont sign a new contract until the end of the season because he wants to make sure he can keep his form up. Says he doesnt want to be a burden to the team. Love you, Gingerbeard <3

hmm friends of me from San Sebastian has tolf me that he is moving home. Sorry, he is finishing his career in Sociedad.

Lightning

Banned
Lol have you not seen him play?
Ive seen him play for Dortmund but not much for Real Madrid and only against us for Liverpool but I know the talent is there.

He hasn't been very good. Wouldn't be upset if we didn't sign him permanently. Need a no. 10 though.
Adjustment to the premier league would be required but he has tremendous talent. He showed his talent for Dortmund but Madrid have damaged him. I really want to see him back to his best and I feel we could have got that out of him.

Maybe Wenger saw something the rest of us didn't.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Benoit Assou-Ekotto &#8207;@AssouEkotto

The sun is with us this morning!!!! Hey hey !!!! GOOD LOL i prepar my com bk in couples of day...LOL

quagmires0wh3.gif

Lightning

Banned
New Year for me. So happy new year Football GAF.

This could also be Ba trying to bluff the best deal out of Chelsea. He will not get a better deal from anyone else in England than what he will get from Chelsea so if its money he will be looked after as well as he could hope to be. I think it would be suicide for his career but that's a different matter.

Salazar

Richard Williams &#8207;@rwilliams1947
And perhaps I should mention that this is my last day as a Guardian staff writer

Thank fuck. Bon voyage.

Paul Wilson, Rob Smyth, and Daniel Taylor can collectively do one as well.

Lightning

Banned
Sigh. Ba needs to accept Chelsea's offer. He's not likely to get a better one at a CL club. Just leave already.
You guys are getting ripped off. He's worth more than 7mil.

And I laugh how Mancini struggles to understand how they lost to Sunderland and constantly brings it up as well as strange referee decisions. Just lol. Starting to remind me of AVB last season where he prattled on about conspiracies.

Yen

I wish he didn't have that stupid fucking clause. We'd get so much money for him :(

Not sure you'd get too much more, not many clubs would be mad enough to spend over say £12m on someone whose knee might not hold up (except Liverpool). I imagine he's asking for a lot of wages too.

GorillaJu

I wish he didn't have that stupid fucking clause. We'd get so much money for him :(

You really think so? I think he's a striker with the quality for a team like Newcastle - and I don't mean Newcastle, as they currently stand, but a Newcastle like last season that was fighting for a Europa League spot.

I'd say 10, 11m for Ba would be about normal. Anything more than that is overpaying. He's very decent, but he's not amazing or world class.

You really think so? I think he's a striker with the quality for a team like Newcastle - and I don't mean Newcastle, as they currently stand, but a Newcastle like last season that was fighting for a Europa League spot.

I'd say 10, 11m for Ba would be about normal. Anything more than that is overpaying. He's very decent, but he's not amazing or world class.

Steven Fletcher cost 14M. I think that would be a fair price for him, he's a proven Premier League goalscorer who's only behind RVP in the table.

As for the knee, well it's held up so far. His fitness with us has been consistently great, even with him playing the ACON last season!

He has quit lol =P

But I want him to play for Liverpool just so I can get a kit with his name arched around the number on the back. They don't do that for my surname unless I go into a sports shop to do it :p

Playing in 50 minutes. I feel fucking terrible, vomiting is a strong possibility unless I go in goal all match, and fuck that.

Who has more Brazilians now, Chelsea or PSG?

So how good is Moura? YT highlight videos are as good as useless, stats seem decent for a midfielder. And how does the Brazilian league compare with Ligue 1?

EDIT: Lots of talk of him being inconsistent and not performing in the really big games. Flat track bully?

Kyoufu

I would swap Ba for Lampard. It'd never happen but if I was given the option I would. He's still good and can take our penalties.

Kyoufu

He is a class act, probably one of the best italian's defenders of his generation. He almost single handily hold off rubentus, but then the check got cleared and the ref gave him two silly yellows. :lol

I love Timerda.

Juve must be the Man United of Italy.

Top Bottom