• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT10| A Street Ass Named Premier

Will be drinking this

PpEIr.png

Hixx

Kyoufu: howd o you evene have steak option there
Kyoufu: we dont have steak eere
Kyoufu: ass tajeaway at least

what a spanner

Serie A GAF. Tell me about Davide Astori.

He is a class act, probably one of the best italian's defenders of his generation. He almost single handily hold off rubentus, but then the check got cleared and the ref gave him two silly yellows. :lol

He's clearly a very talented defender, and along with Bonucci, Ranocchia, and Ogbonna, he's the future of the Italian CB. I'd say his strengths are his tackling ability and his ability to win the ball in the air. He's decent on the ball, but nowhere near as good as Bonucci or Ogbonna. He has a lot to do for Cagliari's defence and he does pretty well. But he's not as classy as Timerda likes to think. His fouls are silly, useless, and he commits them often: basically the trademark of a small team defender in Serie A, the likes of Salvatore Aronica di merda. He doesn't have any sense of restraint. He got two yellows against Juve, but it was not some fluke occurrence. 5 yellows in 11 Serie A matches this campaign, plus when he played in one of his two caps for Italy, he got two yellows after coming on as a substitute. The guy needs to work with a real defensive coach that isn't made with Cellino's mafia money. I'd say Ogbonna and Bonucci are far better. Ranocchia will be better if he continues to play regularly at Inter. Astori desperately needs a transfer out of Cagliari to a team that can compete in Europa League where he can play regularly at a higher level.

Formations time.

United at Wigan:

DDG
Rafael Rio Evans Evra
Welbeck Scholes Clev Young
Kagawa RVP

Is the team I would pick.

De Gea has to stay in net, Fergie needs to resist his temptations to rotate. He said Rafael is back so put him straight in. Rest Vidic, his comeback needs to be slow and steady. He was brilliant on the weekend, bodes well, lets not rush it. I am still not convinced by Evans, but I feel like apart from Vidic he is our only defender who really attacks the ball (I guess Jones does too but he hasn't played at CB for a while). As a combination Rio and Smalling is probably too passive so Evans I guess. Evra at LB cos who else is there, loved it when they asked him how he would manage to play 4 games in 10 days and his reply was "I'll rest when I retire' haha.

Welbeck cos Valencia sucks. Bench. Scholes cos Carrick's knackered. Young's doing okay. Keep him in.

Fergie suggested Hernandez may play so we could see Hernandez and RVP up front but Kagawa impressed on his return so we should keep him in.

3-1 win. Please.

Josep Ilicic said:
Josip Ilicic has been linked with a January move to Milan, Arsenal or Liverpool, but insists “my future is at Palermo and in any case I won’t leave Italy.”

Of course, Josep. Serie B technically is in Italy, yes.

Kyoufu

fuck me

got drunk off a bottle of aspalls. feeling normal ish now

nobody told me it made you horny as well. just rubbed one out for debuchy.

I hate when you cunts talk about facial hair. Makes me well jel

dude facial hair asucks. its annoying to shave often.

3Sixty

He's clearly a very talented defender, and along with Bonucci, Ranocchia, and Ogbonna, he's the future of the Italian CB. I'd say his strengths are his tackling ability and his ability to win the ball in the air. He's decent on the ball, but nowhere near as good as Bonucci or Ogbonna. He has a lot to do for Cagliari's defence and he does pretty well. But he's not as classy as Timerda likes to think. His fouls are silly, useless, and he commits them often: basically the trademark of a small team defender in Serie A, the likes of Salvatore Aronica di merda. He doesn't have any sense of restraint. He got two yellows against Juve, but it was not some fluke occurrence. 5 yellows in 11 Serie A matches this campaign, plus when he played in one of his two caps for Italy, he got two yellows after coming on as a substitute. The guy needs to work with a real defensive coach that isn't made with Cellino's mafia money. I'd say Ogbonna and Bonucci are far better. Ranocchia will be better if he continues to play regularly at Inter. Astori desperately needs a transfer out of Cagliari to a team that can compete in Europa League where he can play regularly at a higher level.

Ok thanks. We have bid £8m for him apparently. I also hear Cagliari are broke.

Top Bottom