• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT10| A Street Ass Named Premier

Spurs Fan reporting in; praying we get all 3 against Reading to round off what has been very happy holidays. I hope to win both the F.A. and UEFA cups ;) but we need to go out and buy a 3rd offensive midfielder with Gylfi and Dempsey both not getting starting places.

I do really pray this year finally brings us Leandro Damaiao as well, but after losing Rafa and Modric we need at least 1 passing midfielder, and I don't think it will end up being Moutinho. The Sneijder solution would have been great in giving Gylfi a lot of time to find his boots, but he ruled it out so him.

I predict we will actually finish above Woolwich even though that one did not go very well last year. Come On You Spurs.

Clegg

Neville is going HAM on people who are disappointed by diver's/athletes showing poor sportsmanship.

Telling those moaners to go to a dark corner and cry to themselves.

This is amazing.

Wilbur

Banned
It is odd that its probably the biggest collection of liberally minded people on the Internet and it gets locked :(

I shall play it in my own head.

The fuck? Why the hell did we sold Carriço?? Reading got a quality center back for a bargain price. Best of luck to him, quality player and an excellent professional.

Yen

<3 <3

So Hangeland is good then?

I'm not doing my "team x are a wee club" schtick (that's reserved for Everton), but I don't think Hangeland is good enough for a top half team. He's 31, slow and is given the run around by pacey or tricky forwards. Good physical presence though.
Newcastle could do better, surely there's someone from Lille or Twente they can buy. Danny Simpson is terrible though, get rid.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Farewell Carlo. You were a good servant and for that 09/10 season your arrival lit a fire under Gomes' arse and got him playing superbly.

Hopefully PSV or some Brazilian team try to get Gomes, I still think he can be a good keeper with a clean break away from the PL.

Wilbur

Banned
I don't think someone from a foreign league is necessarily the right thing for Newcastle at the moment, specifically in defence. Hangelaand would bring some leadership, solidity, knowledge of the league's attackers. You could buy better, but you could certainly buy worse.

Kyoufu

I'm not doing my "team x are a wee club" schtick (that's reserved for Everton), but I don't think Hangeland is good enough for a top half team. He's 31, slow and is given the run around by pacey or tricky forwards. Good physical presence though.
Newcastle could do better, surely there's someone from Lille or Twente they can buy. Danny Simpson is terrible though, get rid.

Are you on faridmon's ignore list yet? lol

We could probably do better but for some reason we haven't bought a defender since Coloccini (well, Santon, but he was Enrique's replacement).

Debuchy is Simpson's replacement so until proven otherwise we are sticking with the best CB in the world. Mike Williamson.

Wes

venison crêpe
Reading already signed a centreback. Daniel Carrico from Sporting Lisbon with CL experience for only 600k :|

Top Bottom