• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT10| A Street Ass Named Premier

Timurid

You forgot the gif where them 3 girls fist pump the air and have big grins.

I have no fucking clue how to explain that gif

tumblr_lis6cyk08z1qezemq.gif

Nah it's actually probably the most simple out of the big sports.

Pass the ball, kick it and score. Goalie can use his hands inside the box, don't tackle players who don't have the ball, learn the offside rule, learn how throw-ins and corners are caused and used, and you pretty much have everything lol.

I think Baseball is pretty straightforward

The positions is what messes me up. I know there's defenders/forwards/midfielders but then there's like sub divisions within them.

Wilbur

Banned
No one else would go! Also your brother isn't all bad. Also, I now know where you live muahahahahah! I also will be at your house tomorrow so get ready :lol

I'm out so HA. but tell him to take some of my underwear for you

Return him alive

We are going for dinner Monday

We need him alive

I luv u

FootballFan

The positions is what messes me up. I know there's defenders/forwards/midfielders but then there's like sub divisions within them.

Positions don't really matter in a sense of getting the game, usually 4 defenders, 4 midfielders, 2 attackers. Some teams use different formations of course but that is the most common.

Eg. Barcelona:

Winger----------Striker---------Winger--
------Left Mid ------------- -Right mid---
---------------Defensive Mid -------------
Left Back - 2 CentreBacks - Right Back
---------------Goal Keeper --------------

Thats a 4-3-3 formation, but since football is a non-stop sort of game the players never stick to that exact position, it's just where they will spend most of their time.

As you will see the right winger running back to defend, the left back moving up to attack, striker come back to win the ball etc.

Only the Goalkeeper will be the guy stuck in that spot, which is why people don't like being goalkeeper lol.

You shouldn't worry about any of that stuff though, just watch a couple of games and you will get it(or play Fifa 13/PES 13)

Salazar

Michu vs giggs & scholes = bad times

Think we're unlikely to go with anything other than

DeGod
Jones Rio Evans Evra
Valencia Carrick ClevGod Young
Rooney RVP

Maybe Smalling in there. I can see Chicha coming on if we're not ahead. I'll fucking punch something if Fletcher starts.

Wilbur

Banned
I went out for dinner and had curried parsnip soup and steak and then roast potatoes and peppercorn soup and then blood orange sorbet and salted caramel ice cream

Noirulus

I've had time to think, and if certain rumors are true, then Mourinho was justified in benching Casillas.

There's been many rumors lately that certain senior players in Madrid such as Ramos and Casillas have been leaking info to the press in order to get Mourinho fired. If this is true, then I would be completely behind Mourinho's decision to bench Casillas.

Also, Jose leaked to a journalist recently that the team is okay, but that there are "3 black sheep" who are trying to run him over. I wonder who the 3rd player is, assuming Casillas and Ramos are the first two.

Speaking of spending plastic, Neymar to City for £32m in the summer is what I just read in the Telegraph.
Neymar will move for quite a bit more than that.

That story seems flimsy though. Esp compared to the stories linking him with Barca and that £10m downpayment they declared.

Top Bottom