• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT10| A Street Ass Named Premier

Is this because he touches everyone's faces?
ibp6SLnEJ5yzS7.gif

Salazar

You think the owners will give him a lot of money to spend in the summer, or.. ?

Not sure.

I'd be inclined to see

a) Not losing any players you don't want to lose.
b) Picking up Sturridge, Ince, Butland.
c) Fishing around for one loan deal.

as a fucking good window, considering.

Fry

Not sure.

I'd be inclined to see

a) Not losing any players you don't want to lose.
b) Picking up Sturridge, Ince, Butland.
c) Fishing around for one loan deal.

as a fucking good window, considering.

Yup. I read on twitter that Gameiro doesn't want to leave PSG. :(

He's probably too inclined to stay because he can learn from the best striker in the world.
:lol

Meier

Hey everybody, I have a few questions. I'm a new soccer/football fan, and I'm wondering what my best options are for watching Premier League games in the midwest USA?

I picked up Fifa 10 a couple years ago, turned into a Man City fan and moreso now with Fifa 12 last year. I've watched a few games here and there, but perhaps some of you all may have some recommendations. Does espn stream them online, somewhere else, or do I need fox soccer or some other premium channel to get the games?

Three years ago I woud have never guessed I'd become a fan but here I am. Looking forward to learning some more and watching some full games from time to time! Cheers!

Welcome! We City fans are few and far between here on GAF so I hope you stick with us! As far as watching games is concerned, just about every Man City game is broadcast on Fox Soccer Channel. It's on a lot of fairly basic digital cable packages without even having to upgrade to the sports package (Fox Soccer Plus requires this upgrade).

beIN Sport is a new channel that came to be in August and it has La Liga (Spain) and Serie A (Italy). The Bundesliga (Germany) is on GolTV although it's struggling to hold on. ESPN sub-licenses a game or two a week (typically one on the weekend and "Monday Night Football") from Fox Soccer Channel.

Starting next year, the Premier League will move to the NBC Sports Network so that'll be interesting. FSC has had it for 15 years so this will be a big change. My favorite announcing team is Ian Darke and Steve McManaman on ESPN -- they do a lot of US Men's National Team games as well. The Champions League and Europa League are on Fox Soccer Channel (and Fox Soccer Plus).

Man City built a pitch for kids to play on in Chicago (and in 3 other US cities thus far) in Haas Park. I believe it may be accessible to anyone but don't know all the info about it. You can read more about it here: http://www.mcfc.co.uk/news/club-news/2012/october/city-and-uae-open-new-chicago-football-complex. It opened up back in October.

Bumhead

Banned
Everytime I've seen Butland he's been crap.

Im inclined to think he got an England call up on the basis of his convenient age and convenient nationality, and will spend the rest of his career living off that.

Timurid

Yup. I read on twitter that Gameiro doesn't want to leave PSG. :(

He's probably too inclined to stay because he can learn from the best striker in the world.
:lol

Maybe because he loves Paris and PSG!
Probably the wages

I just finished a fifa match and I'm already getting hate messages. :lol

Chicagoland Footy gaf represent!

Is there a chicago gaf?

Bumhead

Banned
He fucked up good yesterday against Cardiff

Cost his team with a right clangar against us earlier in the season as well, and has otherwise looked shaky on the other occassions I've seen him.

There are much better goalkeepers in the Championship this season. Liverpool would be better off re-signing Kirkland, and no im not joking (nor do I want them to).

Zabojnik

Hey everybody, I have a few questions. I'm a new soccer/football fan, and I'm wondering what my best options are for watching Premier League games in the midwest USA?

I picked up Fifa 10 a couple years ago, turned into a Man City fan and moreso now with Fifa 12 last year. I've watched a few games here and there, but perhaps some of you all may have some recommendations. Does espn stream them online, somewhere else, or do I need fox soccer or some other premium channel to get the games?

Three years ago I woud have never guessed I'd become a fan but here I am. Looking forward to learning some more and watching some full games from time to time! Cheers!

Oh great, another Premier League follower. We don't have nearly enough of them in here. :/
Welcome and support whoever you like. :) Still, should've totally picked Juventus, Italy's champions. The history, the unmatched class, Cunte, Timurid ... You're still in time!

Zab, I think we're slowly converting some Premier League of England to Juve fans. Wilbury, for instance, loves our Italian swag. FIGLIO DI PUTTANA, WILBZ!

As for FootyGAF who supports other Serie A teams..... well... you can take the team out of the gutter but not the gutter out of the team. Napoli
KuGsj.gif
enough said.

At least the Napoli band-wagoners... they could have at least grow some coglioni like Timerda and pick a team like Torino.

Wilbury just likes winning teams, he will be on the Palermo bandwagon any time now once the results gets turned around. He also likes cumming on his own belly, just putting it out there.

Zabojnik

At least the Napoli band-wagoners... they could have at least grow some coglioni like Timerda and pick a team like Torino.

Napoli, Torino ... I don't see the difference. Then again, I can't tell the difference between two turds, so maybe it's just me.

JUVEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! Sunday's so far away. :(((

I'm willing to bet Palermo will win trophies next year.
Campioni di Serie B

Roma under Spalletti I could get behind. Under Zemanlandia?
KuGsj.gif

FootballFan

Zab, I think we're slowly converting some Premier League of England to Juve fans. Wilbury, for instance, loves our Italian swag. FIGLIO DI PUTTANA, WILBZ!

As for FootyGAF who supports other Serie A teams..... well... you can take the team out of the gutter but not the gutter out of the team. Napoli
KuGsj.gif
enough said.

Friend has kinda made me follow Napoli(just watch their games, don't support 'em), only been watching since 2006-07 though, when Zalayeta and Calaio were their strikers.

My friend's the bandwagoner, he was manunited4lyfe until Ronaldo left United, then it was all Napoli after the promotion and all.

Napoli are big chokers, and they have some truly bad players at the back. Even up front, Vargas is pretty much one of the biggest flops in recent years.

Scum

What the fuck? I seem to have 'failed' a mission on Mass Effect 3 that I didn't even now about.

Edit: I need to go to bed. it's past 6am! lol

Zabojnik

Don't worry FootballFan, we'll make a Juve sympathizer out of you yet. You won't be able to resist the dark side forever. It calls to youuuuuu.

Madtown_

Thanks for the warm welcome everybody. Looking forward to watching some games.

Also, I know next to nothing about the Italian leagues..maybe later. one step at a time!

dc89

Thanks. Certainly, they're the champions (gathering from the op and their twitter). Maybe after watching some games I'll find another team not at the top, but playing with them in Fifa turned me into a fan, don't feel any attachment to another team.

Cool, also thanks. I'll be around Chicago as well. Hopefully we can easily get fox soccer.

BE A CITY FAN!!! Just strap yourself in and keep your hands and legs inside the car at all times. Also, don't justify supporting City to anyone, just go with it.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Peluso: "I am happy because Juventus represent an important opportunity in my career. I'm also melancholic as I leave Atalanta, an environment I was fine in. I thank Atalanta for what they have given me during my time here."

Oh my god I can't believe we actually bought him. UNDO UNDO

Peluso: "I am happy because Juventus represent an important opportunity in my career. I'm also melancholic as I leave Atalanta, an environment I was fine in. I thank Atalanta for what they have given me during my time here."

Oh my god I can't believe we actually bought him. UNDO UNDO

Forza Peluso!

What do you want, Yurt? He's meant to be a depth player. He's young and more versatile than Lulcio, who he's replacing. He's been brought in to cover for Asamoah @ ACON, or, if injured, fatigued, or suspension, one of our back three. If he can find a regular role on the left and centre as Caceres has found in the right and centre, then more power to him. As long as our squad doesn't become totally reliant on these workhorse depth players, then I welcome it. Anyway, why would we splash out in defence when it's the best in Italy? I would say it's our strongest place on the pitch, but have you seen our midfield? It's ridiculous how good we our in our back two-thirds.

Now, if you tell me that we're signing Damiao as our top striker, I'd definitely hit the undo button.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Oh and a very late happy new year to everyone here!

May this year be better than those that have passed.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Did Platini apologize to Celtic? Because he should. :/

Forza Peluso!

What do you want, Yurt? He's meant to be a depth player. He's young and more versatile than Lulcio, who he's replacing. He's been brought in to cover for Asamoah @ ACON, or, if injured, fatigued, or suspension, one of our back three. If he can find a regular role on the left and centre as Caceres has found in the right and centre, then more power to him. As long as our squad doesn't become totally reliant on these workhorse depth players, then I welcome it. Anyway, why would we splash out in defence when it's the best in Italy? I would say it's our strongest place on the pitch, but have you seen our midfield? It's ridiculous how good we our in our back two-thirds.

Now, if you tell me that we're signing Damiao as our top striker, I'd definitely hit the undo button.

If his performance against Inter is anything to go by, then we're in for a surprise. He's 28 and I can't justify spending another 5-6 million on depth players :(

All this aside, he's still better than Ashton Kutcher.

Forza Peluso!

Simone+Padoin+Federico+Peluso+guvvi-32M76m.jpg

Lightning

Banned
If Liverpool really want a goalkeeper they should be winding up Sunderland and Stoke for Mignolet or Begovic. For me Mignolet has been the best goal keeper of the season so far and he's only 24 I believe which is young for a goalkeeper.

Why waste time taking a chance on Butland? Who is not that good and needs time to develop his game more which can't be done from Liverpool's bench,

Top Bottom