• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT10| A Street Ass Named Premier

Wilbur

Banned
Even worse. Draws are so boring.

GbpOk.gif

Kyoufu

Is there a bigger disgrace than Newcastle United Football Club in England? I'm not sure, but we are a huge disgrace.

Shola Ameobi finally gets an international call up for the AFCON and we block him.....

We blocked Cisse going to Olympics also.

I hate this club sometimes.

Soi-Fong

Is there a bigger disgrace than Newcastle United Football Club in England? I'm not sure, but we are a huge disgrace.

Shola Ameobi finally gets an international call up for the AFCON and we block him.....

We blocked Cisse going to Olympics also.

I hate this club sometimes.

That is a dick move. You don't see City blocking Kolo or Yaya from going to ACON.

Wilbur

Banned
United stopped Hernandez going to the Olympics.

He needed the rest for sure

We could just buy a new striker like we should have in the summer...

A lot of people have a PS3 man.

All my friends have Xboxes.

Fuck FIFA anyway man. I hate games. No Skyrim DLC means I've done almost everything interesting in that. Far Cry is fun to be fair. Didn't finish AC3. Fuck Demon's Souls.

I can't wait for GTAV. That'll be the saviour.

And REMY. Believe.

Timurid

Fuck FIFA anyway man. I hate games. No Skyrim DLC means I've done almost everything interesting in that. Far Cry is fun to be fair. Didn't finish AC3. Fuck Demon's Souls.

And REMY. Believe.

I want to crush you with torino sometime!

Messi

Didn't know Pep was close to signing for Arsenal in 2001, when Vieira was set to go to Real. Fuckkkkk

Rangers were trying to get Messi or Iniesta on loan in 04-05. Things could have been alot different now if those loans happened.

Sir Alex also tried to sign Pep when he was going to leave Barca.

Yen

Didn't know Pep was close to signing for Arsenal in 2001, when Vieira was set to go to Real. Fuckkkkk

Liverpool were going to sign Dani Alves the year before he joined Barca. We (or rather Rick Parry) wouldn't spend any more than £6m on him when Sevilla wanted £8m.

Messi

He was a DM like Biscuits. I remember him at Brescia.

Quite good at it too which is why I think he saw the potential in Sergio and called him up to the first team.

He was also Iniestas hero growing up. He had a poster of him on his wall. :p

Liverpool were going to sign Dani Alves the year before he joined Barca. We (or rather Rick Parry) wouldn't spend any more than £6m on him when Sevilla wanted £8m.

Alves was a steal at that price.

Az

Orlando City are playing a friendly with Roma tomorrow in Winter Park (suburban Orlando). This is the 4th friendly versus a top-flight European team. Beat Newcastle in 2011 but have lost to Bolton and Stoke.

I am thinking about going. My friend is already there and met with Pjanic.

Some random Croatian player is claiming on twitter to have an offer from us (assuming we are "tottenham spurs")

Anas sharbini ‏@sharbini_anas
i have offer from tottenham spurs and we will see what happend in the few next days .

Never heard of him. Plays for Ittihad in Saudi Arabia according to wiki. Whoever was asking for transfer stuff earlier, here you go!

Timurid

Some random Croatian player is claiming on twitter to have an offer from us (assuming we are "tottenham spurs")

i have offer from tottenham spurs and we will see what happend in the few next days .

Never heard of him. Plays for Ittihad in Saudi Arabia according to wiki. Whoever was asking for transfer stuff earlier, here you go!

I read somewhere that AVB is still interested in willian and Leandro Daimao.

A no-name Croatian playing in Saudi Arabia won't satisfy the muppets inside. They'll only crave for more banter

And REMY. Believe.

I wasn't implying we had to play FIFA

Was Pep any good? Never seen him play.

Hmmmmm, was Pep any good? Come to think of it was Cruyff any good? Never saw him play either.

Pep was fucking brilliant. Similar to Busquets but more Pirlo like in his passing ability. Deep lying playmaker. Not a huge amount of pace, but excellent positionally. 6 La Ligas, One European Cup, One Cup Winners Cup, Olympic Gold Medallist, 2 Copa Del Rey's, 4 Spanish Supercups, 2 European Super Cups and at the heart of Cruyff's dream team, a team only second best to the Xavi/Iniesta/Messi era that he managed post Rijkaard.

Yeah, I'd say he was decent. Man U wanted him, but the timing was wrong and they got Veron instead. And we all know how that worked out.

Messi

And Pep played alongside Carles Busquets.

This too. Carles Busquets was a keeper, that might explain Sergios amazing diving skills :p

Hmmmmm, was Pep any good? Come to think of it was Cruyff any good? Never saw him play either.

Pep was fucking brilliant. Similar to Busquets but more Pirlo like in his passing ability. Deep lying playmaker. Not a huge amount of pace, but excellent positionally. 6 La Ligas, One European Cup, One Cup Winners Cup, Olympic Gold Medallist, 2 Copa Del Rey's, 4 Spanish Supercups, 2 European Super Cups and at the heart of Cruyff's dream team, a team only second best to the Xavi/Iniesta/Messi era that he managed post Rijkaard.

Yeah, I'd say he was decent. Man U wanted him, but the timing was wrong and they got Veron instead. And we all know how that worked out.

OriginalThinking here has said it much better than I could have.

Edit: I totally just realized that it is 2 weeks until Suits is back on TV! YAAAAY!

tumblr_lsvyy86ahZ1qbmppbo3_500.gif

sohois

He was a good player but comparing him to Cruyff is ridiculous, he was merely one part of a good team. He wasn't exactly walking into a World XI during his playing time.

Top Bottom