• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT10| A Street Ass Named Premier

For a long time, like Arnie, I was convinced Moyes would get the gig. Started to doubt it a little over the last year, especially when Fergie went big on the whole "it has to be a manager who's managed at the top level and won things" - but then Fergie does chat shit more or less every day of the week.

Will be interesting if Moyes does the job. Lot of fans will be underwhelmed.

I'd be quite happy with him, he is a brilliant manager - but I still do have concerns over how he'd cope when the pressure goes up to a whole new level. Not that he couldn't cope - we just have nothing to go on to know for sure. If he had managed to get Everton a cup or two over the last ten years I think he'd be the shoe-in Arnie is suggesting.

Kyoufu

For a long time, like Arnie, I was convinced Moyes would get the gig. Started to doubt it a little over the last year, especially when Fergie went big on the whole "it has to be a manager who's managed at the top level and won things" - but then Fergie does chat shit more or less every day of the week.

Will be interesting if Moyes does the job. Lot of fans will be underwhelmed.

I'd be quite happy with him, he is a brilliant manager - but I still do have concerns over how he'd cope when the pressure goes up to a whole new level. Not that he couldn't cope - we just have nothing to go on to know for sure. If he had managed to get Everton a cup or two over the last ten years I think he'd be the shoe-in Arnie is suggesting.

You'll get Pardew for 8 years.

Salazar

This is on the understanding that Frogie will be in the job for a little while longer.

I'll hopefully be hunting for a post-doc or a job around that point.

Sam Matterface ‏@sammatterface
United sell Josh King to Blackburn . Confirmed

Venkys make a decent purchase. Get that manager sorted though, eh.

This is on the understanding that Frogie will be in the job for a little while longer.

I'll hopefully be hunting for a post-doc or a job around that point.

Venkys make a decent purchase. Get that manager sorted though, eh.
I think he is very close to the end. This year or next, latest. Statue, stand, big money - it's all wrapping up.

Good move for King. Decent talent but never going to make it at United.

D_prOdigy

I've been of the inclination for the past couple of years that Ferguson would go on the spot if he won the Champion's League again.

As that doesn't seem entirely realistic, maybe he just wants to take the league back off City.

Basically I imagine he's waiting for the right fight to win.

Or maybe he'll be around for another 10 years.

LegoArmo

Hoping? I think Moyes will be excellent at United.

I'm sorry that it'll disappoint you, though. I suppose you began supporting United for the glitz and the glamour lacking in Scottish football, Moyes doesn't really scratch that itch.

There's nothing more glamorous than a can of Irn Bru and a Scotch pie, don't kid yourself! ;)

I think he would do well too, not excellent, it'll be the hardest job in world football, and that's why I think it will go to someone with experience at that level. Moyes could continue in the style of Ferguson, but I think that would be a bad idea.

Would anyone agree that Zabaleta and Nastasic are the only two City players who've done particularly well this season?

How are Liverpool doing on the illness front?

fuenf

The kicker rankings for winger and full backs:

Winger

World Class

1. Franck Ribery 29 FC Bayern München (IK-1.)

International Class

2. Thomas Müller 23 FC Bayern München (IK-4. MF Off.)
3. Marco Reus 23 Borussia Dortmund (IK-4. Sturm)
4. Jakub Blaszczykowski 27 Borussia Dortmund (IK-2.)
5. Gonzalo Castro 25 Bayer Leverkusen (-)
6. Juan Arango 32 Borussia Mönchengladbach (K-5.)
7. Szabolcs Huszti 29 Hannover 96 (-)

Extended

8. André Schürrle 22 Bayer Leverkusen (-)
9. Takashi Inui 24 Eintracht Frankfurt (-)
10. Jefferson Farfan 28 Schalke 04 (B)
11. Marko Arnautovic 23 Werder Bremen (-)
12. Stefan Aigner 25 Eintracht Frankfurt (-)
13. Julian Draxler 19 Schalke 04 (B)
14. Lars Stindl 24 Hannover 96 (K-6.)
15. Xherdan Shaqiri 21 FC Bayern München (-)

Full back

World Class
-

International Class:
1. Philipp Lahm

Extended
2. Marcel Schmelzer
3. Daniel Carvajal
4. Sebastian Jung
5. Lukasz Piszczek
6. David Alaba
7. Bastian Oczipka

Clegg

Looks like Pato is going back to Brazil.

Am I right in saying he's massively talented but has a body made of glass?

Salazar

He goes beyond glass and is in fact made of wet toilet paper.

HpBwC.gif

At your service.

Salazar

Deluded cunt on Giggs

What is it that makes him now incapable of playing in the middle that doesn't hinder him from playing out wide? Couldn't it just be that he's been typically inconsistent when played in the middle and/or been playing without the right players around him?

I reckon if Cleverley and Anderson were out (very possible) and we had to choose from Scholes/Fletcher/Giggs then Giggsy's still a great option. If we played a front 6 of Van Persie, Rooney, Nani/Young/Valencia, Carrick, Kagawa and Giggs we'd have Kagawa starting out wide and Giggs in the middle. And I think we'd be better off for it than vice-versa.

doicare starts to look like Plato, he really does.

spidye

The kicker rankings for winger and full backs:

Winger

World Class

1. Franck Ribery 29 FC Bayern München (IK-1.)

International Class

2. Thomas Müller 23 FC Bayern München (IK-4. MF Off.)
3. Marco Reus 23 Borussia Dortmund (IK-4. Sturm)

ruh roh

Arnie

arnie do you reccomend ballague's pep book? (outside of the next united manager speculation stuff)
I would, it's really good. Only about a third of the way through but he's a pretty fascinating character.
There's nothing more glamorous than a can of Irn Bru and a Scotch pie, don't kid yourself! ;)

I just had fish and chips, and a can of Pepsi.

Good, but I'm too full to shower at the moment. Led down in a daze.

I almost don't want him to be that good - not now anyway.

If he has a really good impact, gets 6/7 goals for Wigan between now and the end of the season - then what do we do with him?

It seems like he's destined be loaned out for a year or two because there is just no space at United right now.

Clegg

I almost don't want him to be that good - not now anyway.

If he has a really good impact, gets 6/7 goals for Wigan between now and the end of the season - then what do we do with him?

It seems like he's destined be loaned out for a year or two because there is just no space at United right now.

Convert him into a holding midfielder.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Ba is going to do well at Chelsea. He's exactly the sort of bastard who can pull a goal out of his arse like Drogba used to.

Salazar

What a guy. I like him, and I'll continue liking him whilst he plays for Wigan.

Aye.

Also, supposedly:

The interesting part about Rivarola and Henríquez was that not only did they resemble in their style of play, but they also looked very similar. The fans played along with the moniker of Ángelo Henríquez being the heir to Rivarola’s throne and named him “Gohan”. Gohan is the son of Goku in the Japanese cartoon Dragon Ball Z. And who had the fans named Goku in the past? Diego Rivarola of course. To make the passing of the torch complete, Rivarola handed down his coveted number seven shirt to his young successor. A new era had begun.

Clegg

I'm not expecting much from Henriquez straight away. He showed a lot of potential in Aouth America but he's still only a kid.

It'll be a few years before he's ready imo.

Top Bottom