• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT10| A Street Ass Named Premier

Madtown_

Hey everybody, I have a few questions. I'm a new soccer/football fan, and I'm wondering what my best options are for watching Premier League games in the midwest USA?

I picked up Fifa 10 a couple years ago, turned into a Man City fan and moreso now with Fifa 12 last year. I've watched a few games here and there, but perhaps some of you all may have some recommendations. Does espn stream them online, somewhere else, or do I need fox soccer or some other premium channel to get the games?

Three years ago I woud have never guessed I'd become a fan but here I am. Looking forward to learning some more and watching some full games from time to time! Cheers!

faridmon

318691_10151162069666277_1783968164_n.jpg

Coleman signed a new extension to his contract. Now maybe, he will bother to know how to defend.

<3 Seamus

Yen

Hey everybody, I have a few questions. I'm a new soccer/football fan, and I'm wondering what my best options are for watching Premier League games in the midwest USA?

I picked up Fifa 10 a couple years ago, turned into a Man City fan and moreso now with Fifa 12 last year. I've watched a few games here and there, but perhaps some of you all may have some recommendations. Does espn stream them online, somewhere else, or do I need fox soccer or some other premium channel to get the games?

Three years ago I woud have never guessed I'd become a fan but here I am. Looking forward to learning some more and watching some full games from time to time! Cheers!

Messi

Olivia_Wilde_eyeroll.gif

You do understand why Man City are popular right now? Most people will call you a bandwagoner for supporting City. Its kind of like supporting the Patriots or the Miami Heat.

From what little I know about football airing in the USA I can tell you ESPN airs matches as does Fox soccer but they seem to be incredibly early. Thats what I gather from our us gaffers.

Welcome, hang around and you will find we are not all bad.

Timurid

I'm from the chicago. I watch mostly Serie A and serie B games. (italian league) Your best bet to watch Premier league games are fox soccer and espn 2.

Welcome Madtown, you will find a lot of jealous poor club fans responding to you. No idea about where to watch in the US, we got a few US members that will no doubt help out though (Meier is from the US and City fan!).

faridmon

Where have you been? I missed you! <3

My Uncle passed away, so I decided to take a little break.

I have been posting for the past two days though. Just in time for us to be back on losing terms

Welcome Madtown, you will find a lot of jealous poor club fans responding to you. No idea about where to watch in the US, we got a few US members that will no doubt help out though (Meier is from the US and City fan!).

Talking like a true Chelski fan. Keep up the good work!

Messi

Holy shit, I am actually dying here.

Timurid

My Uncle passed away, so I decided to take a little break.

I have been posting for the past two days though. Just in time for us to be back on losing terms
Sorry man, i remember when my grandfather died. I was really hurt. He and i always watched toro games together and all the times where he threw his wine glass at the tv after a derby game. Priceless.

I'm really excited because I found a bar that shows the Prem games on tv. Even streams of games when they aren't on tv here.

What Bars? I'm turning 21 in the summer cant wait!

Madtown_

[IMG\]http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Olivia_Wilde_eyeroll.gif[/IMG]

You do understand why Man City are popular right now? Most people will call you a bandwagoner for supporting City. Its kind of like supporting the Patriots or the Miami Heat.

From what little I know about football airing in the USA I can tell you ESPN airs matches as does Fox soccer but they seem to be incredibly early. Thats what I gather from our us gaffers.

Welcome, hang around and you will find we are not all bad.
Thanks. Certainly, they're the champions (gathering from the op and their twitter). Maybe after watching some games I'll find another team not at the top, but playing with them in Fifa turned me into a fan, don't feel any attachment to another team.

I'm from the chicago. I watch mostly Serie A and serie B games. (italian league) Your best bet to watch Premier league games are fox soccer and espn 2.
Cool, also thanks. I'll be around Chicago as well. Hopefully we can easily get fox soccer.

Messi

Thanks. Certainly, they're the champions (gathering from the op and their twitter). Maybe after watching some games I'll find another team not at the top, but playing with them in Fifa turned me into a fan, don't feel any attachment to another team.

Cool, also thanks. I'll be around Chicago as well. Hopefully we can easily get fox soccer.

They got bought by someone who is very wealthy and they have gone around for the past few seasons cherry picking big name stars from other clubs. The aim being to be one of the big teams in europe.

Edit: Nothing wrong with that by the way. But people will look down on you for picking them. I think. Try to avoid Man United also. Maybe try an Arsenal (I mean you wont win anything other than champions league qualification) or Spurs?

Timurid

Dude, you dont have to justify here why you support city. Just support them! fuck the haters!

faridmon

Sorry man, i remember when my grandfather died. I was really hurt. He and i always watched toro games together and all the times where he threw his wine glass at the tv after a derby game. Priceless.

Thanks. I hope both my Uncle and your gran is in better places watching our team
lose :(

I have never broke anything. Maybe I should start doing that. I may feel good afterwards...

What Bars? I'm turning 21 in the summer cant wait!

Globe Bar. Big place and there were United, City, Arsenal, Tottenham, and Villa fans. It was great to see. Over the summer we went to the Halstead Harp for a pre-match meet up with Villa fans before they played the Chicago Fire and it was a pretty good atmosphere. I don't know if they are open for the games on Saturday though.

With regards to our newest member, support whoever you want.

faridmon

Also, let the guys support whoever he wants. Damn, there are lot of angsty people around.

at least he will be healthier, mentally as he didn't go for Arsenal... Oh and Liverpool, for his existential's sake

FootballFan

Welcome mate :)

We get a bit off topic sometimes but we are nice people(most the time)

Also you don't need to explain why you support City, if you like em, so be it. All you have to know is Messi is the best player in the world and arguably of all time.

faridmon

'' nice people'' He said, Joker...

Anyways, the start of 2013 looks like to be a challenging one for use since Gibson and Miralles are both out. I do Think Hitzebelger and Oviedo are goo, but there is something missing that makes them a liability and I hope to good that Neville doesn't start in the midfield... and Pianaar.

I wonder what our line up is gonna be for todays game against The Barcodes. I hope we stuff them real hard. That decision against us was bullshit.

Madtown_

Globe Bar. Big place and there were United, City, Arsenal, Tottenham, and Villa fans. It was great to see. Over the summer we went to the Halstead Harp for a pre-match meet up with Villa fans before they played the Chicago Fire and it was a pretty good atmosphere. I don't know if they are open for the games on Saturday though.

Surprisingly close to where I'm moving! Another thing to look forward to.

Don't listen to the naysayers. Support whoever you want. It doesn't affect them at all.
Don't worry about it, I'll do just that. Some talk one way or another won't make me switch teams.

qindarka

Banned

Don't listen to the naysayers. Support whoever you want. It doesn't affect them at all.

A large number of us would not be supporting our clubs if we are not successful or were not successful in the past. Nothing else to explain why there are so many Liverpool/Man U/ Chelsea supporters here.

Timurid

I'll definitely check out the globe bar. Plus, I live right off of Irving park so just one bus ride. woot!

Just not Liverpool. Might as well start shooting up Krokodil if he wants that kind of experience.

:lol

GorillaJu

Give Liverpool a chance. We have the sweetest, most touching person in charge and world famous international players like Stewie "the Lion" Downing and Joe "Gas Tank" Cole.

Top Bottom