• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT10| A Street Ass Named Premier

dalVlatko

Sturridge was great under avb but ever since then all he has done is make frustrating appearences off the bench where he never passes

Carbonox

Haven't you played FM? Agents get a big ol payday on transfers and it's on top of the actual fee to buy the player. Ba's £7.5m (or £7m depending on who you believe) transfer will cost around £12.5m according to all of the news reports as his "advisors" are demanding another £5m. His wages will actually be pretty manageable if that £80k per week fee is to be believed. Ba has a £2m loyalty bonus that Newcastle have to pay in full regardless of whether he moves so they're going to net about £5m from this at most.

At least here in America, agents (well, the company they work for) get a percentage of their clients' wages as well typically. Maybe 10-15%.

I'm in the wrong career.

GQman2121

Banned
I know what you mean, but Defoe is older and more experienced. Must be frustrating for Sturridge coming off the back of that successful loan spell with Bolton, only never to be given a run in the team.

Bolton was two years ago.

He made 30 appearances last year for us, scoring 13 times and assisting on 7 more. He had his chance last season and while he was rather productive with the time he was given, it could/should have been a lot more. Unfortunately, it's the blown opportunities that stick out more than anything.

He doesn't want to play out wide because that is not what he's in it for. He wants the goals because he wants the glory. He's an attention whore and revels in the limelight. We'll see how long he enjoys the middle of the table and playing second fiddle again to a more talented striker.

I don't want to see him fail, but he's just so damn unlikable that he brings it on himself.

Mastadon

Banned
Bolton was two years ago.

He made 30 appearances last year for us, scoring 13 times and assisting on 7 more. He had his chance last season and while he was rather productive with the time he was given, it could/should have been a lot more. Unfortunately, it's the blown opportunities that stick out more than anyway.

He doesn't want to play out wide because that is not what he's in it for. He wants the goals because he wants the glory. He's an attention whore and revels in the limelight. We'll see how long he enjoys the middle of the table and playing second fiddle again to a more talented striker.

I don't want to see him fail, but he's just so damn unlikable that he brings it on himself.

Fingers crossed he turns that around at Anfield. I'm willing to give him a chance though. People were getting extremely frustrated with how wasteful Suarez was in front of goal last year and that worked out pretty well! I wonder if he will be put in the middle.

Only way to improve him is to drop him to relight that fire inside of him. He's too comfortable without real competition for his position.

With competition he's a moody cunt without any confidence at all.

ibyF6ar1iHsC91.gif

ShogunX

Fingers crossed he turns that around at Anfield. I'm willing to give him a chance though. People were getting extremely frustrated with how wasteful Suarez was in front of goal last year and that worked out pretty well! I wonder if he will be put in the middle.

The system Rodgers wants to play (a flexible 4-3-3) would ideally see the front three interchange a lot anyway. Suarez already pulls wide a lot so you would hope Sturridge would be in the box when that happens.

Also it could end up like AVB had Porto set up. He had three up top with one player being the out and out winger (Varela), a poacher (Falcao) and then another wide player who is given a free role to drift in and out (Hulk).

Guess it remains to see if we get Gameiro or not.

bud

Only way to improve him is to drop him to relight that fire inside of him. He's too comfortable without real competition for his position.

too comfortable? have you seen him recently? wooden, please repost the bowling gif. it show how empty and hollow he has become. he's dead on the inside, i'm not even joking.

he was pretty great at liverpool, too. ;_;

Hixx

Haven't you played FM? Agents get a big ol payday on transfers and it's on top of the actual fee to buy the player. Ba's £7.5m (or £7m depending on who you believe) transfer will cost around £12.5m according to all of the news reports as his "advisors" are demanding another £5m. His wages will actually be pretty manageable if that £80k per week fee is to be believed. Ba has a £2m loyalty bonus that Newcastle have to pay in full regardless of whether he moves so they're going to net about £5m from this at most.

At least here in America, agents (well, the company they work for) get a percentage of their clients' wages as well typically. Maybe 10-15%.

Nothing makes my eyes roll harder than people comparing FM to real life. Come on.

Secondly not all agents recieve fees from clubs, some just take a bigger percentage of their player's wages. Not all clubs are as willing as Chelsea to pay middle-men ridiculous fees.

Kyoufu

too comfortable? have you seen him recently? wooden, please repost the bowling gif. it show how empty and hollow he has become. he's dead on the inside, i'm not even joking.

he was pretty great at liverpool, too. ;_;

Too comfortable as in he's in no danger of being dropped so he stopped caring.

Meier

Nothing makes my eyes roll harder than people comparing FM to real life. Come on.

Secondly not all agents recieve fees from clubs, some just take a bigger percentage of their player's wages. Not all clubs are as willing as Chelsea to pay middle-men ridiculous fees.

I was mostly just joking about the FM comment. But if you don't think agents get a brokerage fee on top of the actual transfer cost then feel free to continue to think that.

bud

notice how he doesn't even smile. holy fuck. that is morbid.

instead of going all "hahaha, did you see that? :D" he's like... "of course that happened ._."

go back to spain, fernando. chelsea have sucked the life force out of you.

GorillaJu

instead of going all "hahaha, did you see that? :D" he's like... "of course that happened ._."

It's so sad because it's so completely true.

Zabojnik

Peluso: "I am happy because Juventus represent an important opportunity in my career. I'm also melancholic as I leave Atalanta, an environment I was fine in. I thank Atalanta for what they have given me during my time here."

Oh my god I can't believe we actually bought him. UNDO UNDO

Forza Peluso!

What do you want, Yurt? He's meant to be a depth player. He's young and more versatile than Lulcio, who he's replacing. He's been brought in to cover for Asamoah @ ACON, or, if injured, fatigued, or suspension, one of our back three. If he can find a regular role on the left and centre as Caceres has found in the right and centre, then more power to him. As long as our squad doesn't become totally reliant on these workhorse depth players, then I welcome it. Anyway, why would we splash out in defence when it's the best in Italy? I would say it's our strongest place on the pitch, but have you seen our midfield? It's ridiculous how good we our in our back two-thirds.

Now, if you tell me that we're signing Damiao as our top striker, I'd definitely hit the undo button.

Ah, the lenghts we'll go not to switch back to 4-3-3. Not even when we're without Chiellini and Asamoah. I'm sure Kunta Konte knows what he's doing, but still. As for Peluso, eh, Marotta-style January signing. As exciting as a kick to the balls, but I guess he'll have to do for now. I do however hope that he's is our last 'depth' reinforcement. Enough already. WE NEED MORE CLASS, MARRY. CLASS.

federico-peluso-1.jpg

They changed
fired?
the photographer, Zabo.

Clinica di sesso is no more. :(

C_3_Media_1501978_immagine_obig.jpg

Meier

That gif really is horribly depressing. I'd feel for him.. but he's making shitloads of money so I can't feel that bad.

His football a side, this idea that Torres is a hump is really a load of balls. People love to selectively pick images of him not grinning from ear to ear. You can go through the Chelsea YouTube channel and watch video after video where he's fine.

Pundits do it too. They pick clips from games where he just looks indifferent. Even though they could have picked 20 where he looked happy.

Just people looking creative a narrative and nothing more. Some people would do well to just watch Easteneders if they really want stories.

Edit: on the topic of Sturridge and Ba. What's the odds Sturridge goes to Pool and becomes great. Whilst we sign Ba and his infamous knee finally packs in?

confuziz

Banned
There is now a word in the swedish dictionary dedicated to ibra.

It's called : Zlatanera; to solve something with force / dominate.

crazy swedes

bud

His football a side, this idea that Torres is a hump is really a load of balls. People love to selectively pick images of him not grinning from ear to ear. You can go through the Chelsea YouTube channel and watch video after video where he's fine.

Pundits do it too. They pick clips from games where he just looks indifferent. Even though they could have picked 20 where he looked happy.

Just people looking creative a narrative and nothing more. Some people would do well to just watch Easteneders if they really want stories.

Edit: on the topic of Sturridge and Ba. What's the odds Sturridge goes to Pool and becomes great. Whilst we sign Ba and his infamous knee finally packs in?

chelsea ruined shevchenko as well.

my theory is that whenever roman spends loads of money on a big name striker, he sucks him off hoping to make him feel at ease in the squad and adjust quicker, but instead he just ends up sucking the mojo directly out of their dicks.

exhibit a: sheva. ;_;
exhibit b: el nino. ;_;
exhibit c: el tigre? ;_;

Zorc on Sahin:

Of course we follow Nuri's carreer, he's our boy. When he left, we said: "If Nuri says he only wants to play in Dortmund, we'll go for it. But it must be doable". Nothing has changed yet.

I'll take him back for €5m

my theory is that whenever roman spends loads of money on a big name striker, he sucks him off hoping to make him feel at ease in the squad and adjust quicker, but instead he just ends up sucking the mojo directly out of their dicks.

Shevchenko's legs had gone, and it turned out he didn't have the attributes to lessen the impact of his loss of pace. Absolutely nothing Chelsea could have done about it, although they should have spotted the signs way before they signed him

@Shogun, my worry is that he has to fit in and succeed straight away if we want this season to go anywhere, and he'll piss me off when watching the team

Don't forget about Drogba. :D

GQman2121

Banned
I finally stopped procrastinating and started BioShock last night. Played for almost six hour straight. Having a good time. I don't like that the lead is a mute, but everything about the world is very well done. I hope I don't get too tipsy at the pub for the games this afternoon because I want to go home and play more tonight.

ShogunX

Apparently Ricardo Quaresma is being offered around Europe and has been offered to Liverpool.

What load of shit this mans career turned into. He's now a free agent.

I finally stopped procrastinating and started BioShock last night. Played for almost six hour straight. Having a good time. I don't like that the lead is a mute, but everything about the world is very well done. I hope I don't get too tipsy at the pub for the games this afternoon because I want to go home and play more tonight.

Bioshock 1? The lead is a mute for a reason.....

Top Bottom