• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT10| A Street Ass Named Premier

Hixx

Golden Abyss looks like complete trash but then Uncharted is a franchise that's overstayed its welcome and can't come up with fresh ideas.

Uncharted 2 was sublime though but that's where they should have ended it.

#Unchartedseriesoverrated #vitalololol #wiiusuicidebomba

Reading this post was like this

94PvO.gif

Think I'll be getting Bioshock Infinite, GTA V and The Last Of Us in the upcoming months.

Still need to get Ass III and Sleeping Dogs

I want a signing damn it :(

Fady K

A Young Harry Redknapp, manager of West Ham at the time, justifying his decision on bringing Lampard to the club and telling the press how he believes he will end up being a top class player one day.

I love Fady from start to finish.

I love you too Kyoufu <3

I just paid for a 3 month sub to PS+ with some credit I got for Christmas so that I could play Uncharted and Gravity Rush. I was hoping to be able to get it activated in time to buy MGS HD for cheap but I couldn't buy a digital sub from Amazon until I got to a PC and I guess the deal was gone on MGS by the time I got it. $17.49 or whatever would have been a bargain.

My Persona 4 Golden play time is just about at 100 hours on my first playthrough. Crazy.

PS+ is the way to go Meier. You can get so many free games it is nuts. As for MGS HD, I say go for the console version instead since it contains an HD Peace Walker as well.

Wow, I recently bought P4G myself and I had to ask - as a person who has yet to play Persona 3 - which one should I go for? The PSP version or the PS2 version? I know the PSP version adds quite a bit to the game though I don't like how you can't move around the non-dungeon areas.

2 was one of the games of the generation imo

3 probably *the* disappointment of it too though, for me personally.

My personal favorite. It saddens me to have to expect so little from the sequels to some of my favorite games, like Uncharted 2 and Mass Effect 2, as well as Assassin's Creed II. These three were massively brilliant and after reading all the impressions on GAF about the 3rd game in the aforementioned series, I am expecting quite the downgrade.

I've moved on Kyoufu. Vita jokes are ancient history
as is the Vita

#WiiUseless from now on

There is no argument to be made about the Vita being a success, saleswise. I expect it to die out quite soon. Having said that, there is so much to enjoy on the Vita at the moment that it would be such a shame to see it die out rather than get a price-cut and the software push that it deserves. The system is beautiful IMO; Sony needs to do much better with the support though!

Golden Abyss looks like complete trash but then Uncharted is a franchise that's overstayed its welcome and can't come up with fresh ideas.

Uncharted 2 was sublime though but that's where they should have ended it.

#Unchartedseriesoverrated #vitalololol #wiiusuicidebomba

If you like the Uncharted series overall, you'll love GA. It does a lot right, and some things even better. If you got bored by the formula though, it won't do much for you.

Chelsea predictions tonight?

I'd love a shock result, but with the way Chelsea are attacking and the way that QPR are defending I can honestly see a record scoreline lol

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Chelsea predictions tonight?

I'd love a shock result, but with the way Chelsea are attacking and the way that QPR are defending I can honestly see a record scoreline lol

It's going to be hilarious either way. I can't wait to see Harry's face when they get reamed 12-0 and he blames his 35 year old centre backs (one of which he fucking signed for Spurs).

Hixx

My personal favorite. It saddens me to have to expect so little from the sequels to some of my favorite games, like Uncharted 2 and Mass Effect 2, as well as Assassin's Creed II. These three were massively brilliant and after reading all the impressions on GAF about the 3rd game in the aforementioned series, I am expecting quite the downgrade.

I loved ME3. The ending definitely could have been better but the rest of the game is still great. Not played AC3 yet though, it's next on my list after Darksiders 2. Which has been a disappointment too.

Hixx

I hate playing Brendan Rodgers' teams more than I hate playing Stoke these days. In two minds whether to watch tonight cos even if we manage to pull off a win or draw it will be a horrible game to view.

dc89

Fady can have the deciding vote on two things.

1. Is Massive bigger than Humongous?
2. Do I look remotely like Nintendo's Reggie?

GQman2121

Banned
Three Lampard penalties for all three points.

And speaking of games, I just traded Sleeping Dogs to a gaffer for ACIII. I still have Revelations sealed, so I think it'll be a while before I get to it. I beat Brotherhood over the summer and thought it was decent. Desmond story is still shit though. Just die already......

Ushojax

From Marca:

"Gareth Bale – firmly in Real Madrid's crosshairs to reinforce its 2013-14 squad – has informed Tottenham that he wishes to leave the club at the end of the season. He has given his bosses the heads up with a view to leaving on good terms and not spoiling the club's plans.

The Welsh international does not want to take an aggressive stance the way Luka Modric did, when the Croat decided to stop training with Spurs and force the club to negotiate. Bale has proposed a number of reasons why Tottenham should let him go."

Do fuck off. They'll make up any old bollocks to unsettle a player, just fuck right off.

Levy didn't waver with Modric and he won't bend over this time.

Ushojax

Bookmarked.

If Real want him, he's theirs.

If they meet Levy's valuation, yes. Which will be north of £50m.

Let us not forget that there was a period in late August when AVB had told Modric to get ready to return to the first team, as Real had gone silent for a while. If they don't pay the money they don't get the player, Levy has never sold a top asset on the cheap and has only ever done it on his terms. He did it with Berba, he did it with Modric, he will do it with Bale.

All this shite that is swirling around will have no effect on any transfer, it never has.

Meier

A Young Harry Redknapp, manager of West Ham at the time, justifying his decision on bringing Lampard to the club and telling the press how he believes he will end up being a top class player one day.

PS+ is the way to go Meier. You can get so many free games it is nuts. As for MGS HD, I say go for the console version instead since it contains an HD Peace Walker as well.

Wow, I recently bought P4G myself and I had to ask - as a person who has yet to play Persona 3 - which one should I go for? The PSP version or the PS2 version? I know the PSP version adds quite a bit to the game though I don't like how you can't move around the non-dungeon areas.

Love that Harry video. I played Persona 1 (well, I tried.. I hated it and lasted an hour at most) on the PSX but this is my first since then. I've heard P3P is fantastic but that if you play it, do it before P4G since it will feel quite dated otherwise. RPGs on handhelds are the best.. the sleep functionality alone makes it so much more realistic to play them. I bought Chrono Cross as well but haven't spent much time with it due to the poor graphics. It's very hard for me to go back and play old games personally. :(

Never played Peace Walker since I sold my PSP after the first month or two of its release so that is enticing but I feel like MGS3 handheld would be fantastic. It's my favorite of the series by far.. one of my favorite games of all time for that matter. The End fight is probably my all time favorite encounter in a video game.

If they meet Levy's valuation, yes. Which will be north of £50m.

Let us not forget that there was a period in late August when AVB had told Modric to get ready to return to the first team, as Real had gone silent for a while. If they don't pay the money they don't get the player, Levy has never sold a top asset on the cheap and has only ever done it on his terms. He did it with Berba, he did it with Modric, he will do it with Bale.

All this shite that is swirling around will have no effect on any transfer, it never has.
I think Madrid would pay £50m for him.

Me too! As long as we spend less money than we received when he left, I'm fine. He needs us as a team more than we need him as a player.
Yeah, I'd be ok with him returning as well, although he's way too slow for our newer, fast-paced (passing) style. Still, Leitner could move up to attacking midfielders where he currently belongs with his fragile teen body and Sahin could be the Gündogan sub for the rest of the season and then, when he's up to speed, we could try to do Güdogan/Sahin too or Bender/Gündogan/Sahin in a 4-3-3 kind of deal.
And Leitner would also fill the void a potential Perisic departure could create (though Leiter would rather play at 10) so in the end we wouldn't have to get a new winger in the winter, all hastily and shit.
Apparently Hoffenheim is looking into a possible Santana signing - now that would really suck.
http://www.sport1.de/de/fussball/fussball_bundesliga/artikel_657464.html
I'm not sure how we could compensate for him, it would have to be an experienced mofo for sure, but then would he be ok with a bench spot? :/

Oh hey, Fry8 is back! fuck bayern
j/k, don't leave lol

Arnie

It's going to be hilarious either way. I can't wait to see Harry's face when they get reamed 12-0 and he blames his 35 year old centre backs (one of which he fucking signed for Spurs).
In fairness, Nelson's been one of the better QPR signings and has played as well as anyone for them this season. He did quite well against us, it was Hill that got rogered in every possible orifice.
I hate playing Brendan Rodgers' teams more than I hate playing Stoke these days. In two minds whether to watch tonight cos even if we manage to pull off a win or draw it will be a horrible game to view.
Death by possession.

Will be a draw.
From Marca:

Do fuck off. They'll make up any old bollocks to unsettle a player, just fuck right off.

Levy didn't waver with Modric and he won't bend over this time.
Sell for £50 million, buy Willian and Damiao with money to spare, watch the good times roll.

I think Bale's brilliant, but all in all, for the price you'll get for him, it's worth letting him go. Spurs are never going to match his ambitions with him in the team, because to take that next step you need to capitalise on him as an asset.

I wouldn't say the same for a club like Liverpool, with the propensity to spunk money up the wall, but Spurs spend well, and I don't expect you to differ in that respect come Bale's departure.

Meier

Interesting, Roma are playing a very good squad against Orlando City:

A.S. Roma Starters: Michael Bradley, Leandro Castan, Erik Manuel Lamela, Miralem Pjanic, Daniele De Rossi, Mattia Destro, Ivan Rodrigo Piris, Maarten Stekelenburg, Jose Rodolfo Dodo, Nicolas Andrea Burdisso, Alessandro Florenzi

The friendly is being played on Rollins College's campus. Only 500 seats. :lol Not sure why they didn't play it somewhere slightly larger.. Orlando City plays at the Citrus Bowl that just hosted two college football bowl games so that was out of the picture but surely there was another option.

Sleepy

Interesting, Roma are playing a very good squad against Orlando City:

A.S. Roma Starters: Michael Bradley, Leandro Castan, Erik Manuel Lamela, Miralem Pjanic, Daniele De Rossi, Mattia Destro, Ivan Rodrigo Piris, Maarten Stekelenburg, Jose Rodolfo Dodo, Nicolas Andrea Burdisso, Alessandro Florenzi

The friendly is being played on Rollins College's campus. Only 500 seats. :lol Not sure why they didn't play it somewhere slightly larger.. Orlando City plays at the Citrus Bowl that just hosted two college football bowl games so that was out of the picture but surely there was another option.

WTF?! This today? This stadium is about 5 minutes from me. How much to watch?

Carbonox

Looks like Inter, Newcastle United, Fulham and Reading are all trying to sign Douglas.

If Inter are serious, he'll go there I reckon. I'd like to think after Summer's failures we will not prick about and actually make an official bid this time, just like we're finally dealing with Debuchy too. I'd be more than happy with both Debuchy and Douglas this month defender-wise.

Bale for 40m euros would be great :D

just need spurs to finish out of top 4

You are the worst! We should all be very disappointed if he signs for a club that are effectively in the relegation zone of their two team league

edit: lol actually your current position puts you in the Segunda

Top Bottom