• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT10| A Street Ass Named Premier

Meier

Liverpool Football Club is delighted to confirm the signing of striker Daniel Sturridge from Chelsea. More on http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/liverpool-complete-sturridge-signing

Should be about £1.8m for City. We're rich, biatch!

ivVYK7NLys743.gif

bud

sturridge? christ. he's awful.

my guess is that liverpool only bought him because they desperately need a striker.

Keio

For a Finer World
Ba. I'm more gutted than I should feel. Going from a "no future, dodgy knee" to hottest ticket in the Prem and getting sold for pennies? I can't help but hope that we are seeing another Andy Carroll move (without the exorbitant transfer fee of course).

operon

I think the biggest reason why Sturridge isa selfish player is because he got so few opportunities to play for Chelsea he had to try to score as much as he good to get a place on the team. Its quite hard when any manger who drops Torres gets the boot

Sterling Suarez Sturridge

Suso Shelvey Sahin

Senrique Sagger Skrtel Sjohnson

Sreina

Haha a team full of players who have names that start with an 'S'!

Carbonox

Ba. I'm more gutted than I should feel. Going from a "no future, dodgy knee" to hottest ticket in the Prem and getting sold for pennies? I can't help but hope that we are seeing another Andy Carroll move (without the exorbitant transfer fee of course).

I will laugh if he gets injured straight off the bat for Chelsea.

And all we did was not buckle to Ba's demands for 10k or however much more added to his existing contract.

Fucking football players.

I think the biggest reason why Sturridge isa selfish player is because he got so few opportunities to play for Chelsea he had to try to score as much as he good to get a place on the team. Its quite hard when any manger who drops Torres gets the boot

The counter argument to this would be Defoe.

bud

liverpool should buy gervinho while they're at it.

he brings pace and vision which they are so desperately lacking.

GQman2121

Banned
He's celebrated goals in a much more pretentious matter than that one. I think that gif is just so easily available though and it's a good quality video.

ShogunX

I know what you mean, but Defoe is older and more experienced. Must be frustrating for Sturridge coming off the back of that successful loan spell with Bolton, only never to be given a run in the team.

He was given a run in the team.

The season (Last season) after he came back from Bolton he played 30 matches in the league scoring 11 goals and getting 5 assists.

I suspect his form last season is what is dictating the fee along with his age and nationality.

Salvadora

Didn't Gervinho have a stat earlier in the season in which he'd scored every shot he had on target whilst playing as a striker? Seems like the right move for him.

Messi

Tito was at barcas training session today. Amazing to see him back around do soon. Hope all is well for him.

Also, I wonder if Abidal will play any part vs Espanyol?

Mastadon

Banned
He was given a run in the team.

The season (Last season) after he came back from Bolton he played 30 matches in the league scoring 11 goals and getting 5 assists.

I suspect his form last season is what is dictating the fee along with his age and nationality.

I'd imagine he didn't start many of those 30 matches though? 11 goals and 5 assists from the wing isn't terrible either.

Meier

I thought they 'just' get a chunk of the £7.5m transfer fee?

No fucking way on earth are Chelsea giving his agent(s) £5m.

Haven't you played FM? Agents get a big ol payday on transfers and it's on top of the actual fee to buy the player. Ba's £7.5m (or £7m depending on who you believe) transfer will cost around £12.5m according to all of the news reports as his "advisors" are demanding another £5m. His wages will actually be pretty manageable if that £80k per week fee is to be believed. Ba has a £2m loyalty bonus that Newcastle have to pay in full regardless of whether he moves so they're going to net about £5m from this at most.

At least here in America, agents (well, the company they work for) get a percentage of their clients' wages as well typically. Maybe 10-15%.

Top Bottom