• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT10| A Street Ass Named Premier

Wes

venison crêpe
Some Villa Transfer Rumours that I know you're all desperate to hear:

- Dale Stephens from Chalton Athletic for £3m
- Scott Sinclair on loan
- Tom Huddlestone on loan

Sage00

Once And Future Member
Justice. :)

Also, Forster complained the ball wasn't on the penalty spot. Ref says the ball is 'fine' and books him for 'insolence'.

Cx6OJ.png

Scottish referees lol.

Fady K

Golden Abyss is underrated in the franchise. I have enjoyed it more than the others (yes, and that includes U2)

Glad to see that I'm not the only one here who thinks it is underrated.

Alice looks like Olivia Wilde at the start of Alice Madness Returns.

Are you playing the game now Messi? The art is gorgeous in that game.

I loved ME3. The ending definitely could have been better but the rest of the game is still great. Not played AC3 yet though, it's next on my list after Darksiders 2. Which has been a disappointment too.

I hope to think along the same lines as you regarding ME3. Tell me though, wasn't the ending changed later - or expanded? Are the fans complaining about the original ending or the expanded one?

When connected to wireless Internet on the home screen tap the orange smiley face! In there you have your own friend card and your code will be on there!

Thanks dc, I pm'ed it to you :)

Fady can have the deciding vote on two things.

1. Is Massive bigger than Humongous?
2. Do I look remotely like Nintendo's Reggie?

1) Massive is big enough ;D
2) Not really to be honest, you look far cooler!

Three Lampard penalties for all three points.

And speaking of games, I just traded Sleeping Dogs to a gaffer for ACIII. I still have Revelations sealed, so I think it'll be a while before I get to it. I beat Brotherhood over the summer and thought it was decent. Desmond story is still shit though. Just die already......

Brotherhood was wonderful! I'm playing Revelations next! I must say - what a missed opportunity with the story as a whole. The way the first game ended and the second game began - SO MUCH POTENTIAL.

Love that Harry video. I played Persona 1 (well, I tried.. I hated it and lasted an hour at most) on the PSX but this is my first since then. I've heard P3P is fantastic but that if you play it, do it before P4G since it will feel quite dated otherwise. RPGs on handhelds are the best.. the sleep functionality alone makes it so much more realistic to play them. I bought Chrono Cross as well but haven't spent much time with it due to the poor graphics. It's very hard for me to go back and play old games personally. :(

Never played Peace Walker since I sold my PSP after the first month or two of its release so that is enticing but I feel like MGS3 handheld would be fantastic. It's my favorite of the series by far.. one of my favorite games of all time for that matter. The End fight is probably my all time favorite encounter in a video game.

Persona 1 looks too rough and technical - even the PSP remake! I'll definitely go for P3 before P4G though. I loved Chrono Cross 10 years ago though I know what you mean - playing it today for the first time would be hard due to how dated it looks (and feels). Vagrant Story is also one of my favorite games of all time but it looks so ugly now :( One old game (11 years old in fact!) that still looks GORGEOUS is the Resident Evil Remake. A must play!

I have not played Peace Walker yet either though I hear it is amazing! MGS3 is easily one of my favorite games ever. The End fight was long and very memorable. The final hour of the game was very touching; the ending was unbelievable and depressing. I'll never forget the ending and the beautiful music that accompanies it.

I don't doubt Bale, but he certainly would have to play as a FB/WB at Real and not LM (in the 4-4-2 sense) as he does at Spurs*. And I'm sure CR (Di Maria) would still be first choice for the left wing attacking position.
Or wait, are people saying that he's supposed to replace CR?

* or do Spurs play a 4-2-3-1?? I'm not sure anymore, still, I don't think he's fit to play as left attacking midfielder at Real. It could work very well in some games, but I'd be amazed if Real wanted to replace CR with him.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I don't doubt Bale, but he certainly would have to play as a FB/WB at Real and not LM (in the 4-4-2 sense) as he does at Spurs. And I'm sure CR (Di Maria) would still be first choice for the left wing attacking position.
Or wait, are people saying that he's supposed to replace CR?

Bale plays on the right for Wales and could easily play there for Madrid.

Kyoufu

Dalglish bought most of those right? What a goon.

He made some bad transfers for us too. Sold Asprilla and Ginola....... :( :(

Hixx

I hope to think along the same lines as you regarding ME3. Tell me though, wasn't the ending changed later - or expanded? Are the fans complaining about the original ending or the expanded one?

Most complaints are about the original ending. A lot more info was put in with the extended cut and the Leviathan DLC... but it should have been in there in the first place and the DLC should also have been there from the beginning or at the very least have been free as it contains a huge moment in the story.

Randdalf

A Young Harry Redknapp, manager of West Ham at the time, justifying his decision on bringing Lampard to the club and telling the press how he believes he will end up being a top class player one day.

Wow, that's Peter Storrie on Harry's left. As a Portsmouth fan, that press conference is like a villain's gallery. There's also a guy smoking at the far right of the press conference, wouldn't see that nowadays. I wonder if that guy knew that Frank is Harry's nephew.

Despite their reckless abandon, Liverpool are still pretty close to being able to break into the top 4.

It will take a couple of really good signings but that's it really. Jokes kinda on everyone else.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Most complaints are about the original ending. A lot more info was put in with the extended cut and the Leviathan DLC... but it should have been in there in the first place and the DLC should also have been there from the beginning or at the very least have been free as it contains a huge moment in the story.

The ending was shit but the whole game was a mess. It a rush job and corners are cut everywhere. It needed another year in the cooker, what we got is another KOTOR2 only worse.

Meier

WTF?! This today? This stadium is about 5 minutes from me. How much to watch?
I think standing room is free or something? They said to get there early to ensure a chance to get a decent view. They're passing a hat to take donations I think I read. The proceeds are going to a charitable foundation Orlando City set up.

Kyoufu

Despite their reckless abandon, Liverpool are still pretty close to being able to break into the top 4.

It will take a couple of really good signings but that's it really. Jokes kinda on everyone else.

Imagine if most of that 124m went into some top talent. They'd be top 4 right now.

Salvadora

Arsenal are a couple of really good signings away from the league title.

dc89

Oh and Fady I have PM'd you my code! You'll have to add me and me to add you for it to work!

I'll add you when I get in later on!

Hixx

The ending was shit but the whole game was a mess. It a rush job and corners are cut everywhere. It needed another year in the cooker, what we got is another KOTOR2 only worse.

ME3 could have been better but KoTOR2 had fucking masses of content ripped out.

I have just purchased KotOR2 on the Steam sale funnily enough, when I'll get the time to play through it and the original I do not know, I think the fan patch that restored most of the cut stuff is finally out too :( Superb games.

I wish ME3 had masses of content ripped out, especially
all those fucking scenes and dreams with that stupid fucking kid, worst attempt at making some emotional side story ever, especially when my Shepard was a crazy ass mofo.

Arnie

And as Ferguson says, you don't get a player until they're 23.

Sturridge just turned, Henderson close, Shelvey a couple of years away, Sterling miles away, Allen a year away, Carroll just turned. Still too early to pass definitive judgement on them (apart from Carroll, he's shit).

Bale plays on the right for Wales and could easily play there for Madrid.
Yeah, I looked it up. Though he doesn't always play there (2/4 as right attacking midfielder/right winger, 2/4 as LM in the 12/13 Wales games).
Still, I don't think he's fit to be a regular RAM/RW for a top5 side that plays 4-2-3-1.
He needs a lot of space and that is a pretty rare commodity if you play for Madrid, especially vs. like 75% of La Liga who will park the bus vs. them and Barca.
I'm sure Mou has a LWB* role for him in mind.

/* or RWB or FB or whatever.

I have no idea which match to pick for tonight. Chelsea, Liverpool or Newcastle. Suggestions?
I'm going to watch Liverpool just because I haven't seen Suarez play in a while and it should be fun, especially with the perennial lollerpool opportunities.

Chelsea are going to take QPR apart so there should be goals there.

Newcastle/Everton should be the most closely contested game though.

Hixx

"Demba Ba agreed terms with Chelsea this evening but the deal hit a snag when it is understood that he demanded a quarter of the agent’s fee."

From the Times.

DAT GREED

Fady K

Interesting...if you were to look at the ending as a whole (leviathan DLC and expanded ending included) - how does it change your perception of it overall?

Wow, that's Peter Storrie on Harry's left. As a Portsmouth fan, that press conference is like a villain's gallery. There's also a guy smoking at the far right of the press conference, wouldn't see that nowadays. I wonder if that guy knew that Frank is Harry's nephew.

I wonder that as well, I'm guessing if he did he would have asked the question regarding potential favoritism for that reason. Man, that was 15 years ago.

Oh and Fady I have PM'd you my code! You'll have to add me and me to add you for it to work!

I'll add you when I get in later on!

Thanks dc! Will add you up in minutes then :)

Top Bottom