• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT10| A Street Ass Named Premier

And the circus continues

Rovers have announced that Gary Bowyer will continue in his caretaker manager role until February, just brilliant and an excuse to not let the new manager spend cash in the window

Shebby Singh was on the radio last night saying whoever takes the job it will be a 6 month contract and they won't be allowed to bring in their own staff, we have recently sacked a manager and 3 coaches but we aren't understaffed he says

Salazar

Shebby should just appoint himself and drop the pretence.

Lying, clueless sack of shite. Must be agony to actually deal with him face to face.

And the circus continues

Rovers have announced that Gary Bowyer will continue in his caretaker manager role until February, just brilliant and an excuse to not let the new manager spend cash in the window

Shebby Singh was on the radio last night saying whoever takes the job it will be a 6 month contract and they won't be allowed to bring in their own staff, we have recently sacked a manager and 3 coaches but we aren't understaffed he says
Hiya Robbie!

Commiserations. I hope Rhodes and King can do it for you.

fuenf

N6Vm1.jpg

confuziz

Banned
Douglas is the best eredivisie defender at this moment. I know that's not saying much, because the league isn't known for good defending, but it's something I guess.

By the way, I'm not sure why Ajax fans want Alderweireld to go. He's one of the reasons they are still in the title race =/. You want another 18 year old to play there and screw up?

Nyx

Douglas is the best eredivisie defender at this moment. I know that's not saying much, because the league isn't known for good defending, but it's something I guess.

IMO, he's not.

But, I also once said Suarez would fail in the EPL, so yeah, fuck my opinions.

Tc91

Does anyone have a spare Borderlands 2 key from that gamersgate cock up? I know Willkiller had some. Can PayPal.

confuziz

Banned
IMO, he's not.

But, I also once said Suarez would fail in the EPL, so yeah, fuck my opinions.

Again, I'm basing this on what i've seen of him. I've seen him play a lot (also live), and he can make strikers completely useless. There is also some kind of tranquility in the team when he plays.

Nyx

Again, I'm basing this on what i've seen of him. I've seen him play a lot (also live), and he can make strikers completely useless. There is also some kind of tranquility in the team when he plays.

Me too, and I think he has the power for a good defender, but lacks tactical knowledge and is too hot-tempered.

Lol Sahin's so shit remember when we trolled Liverpool-GAF into thinking he was good.

Phew - would have been deeply embarrassing if Fergie listened to us :D Still think he could come good though...

Carbonox

Hurr hurrr there are claims that Newcastle are in advanced talks with Marseille over Remy.

That obviously only means we've asked about him and were told to fuck off and now we're trying to sign Odemwingie.

Can he play as a winger?

fuenf

Lol Sahin's so shit remember when we trolled Liverpool-GAF into thinking he was good.

Phew - would have been deeply embarrassing if Fergie listened to us :D Still think he could come good though...

I hate to admit it but he's a great player. His only fault is that he always tries to take the second step before the first (when he first came up as a youth player and failed, then again with his career suicide move to Madrid). He has already proven himself in a better team and a better / more competitive league, so you can't really blame him for his troubles at Liverpool.

Nicely done :)
Sahin's return is probably the best solution to compensate for a potential Perisic departure so I'm all for it.

I'd hate it. Sahin, Ilkay, Bender could rival Schweini, Luiz Gustavo, Javi.

I hate to admit it but he's a great player. His only fault is that he always tries to take the second step before the first (when he first came up as a youth player and failed, then again with his career suicide move to Madrid). He has already proven himself in a better team and better league, so you can't really blame him for his troubles at Liverpool.

I'd hate it. Sahin, Ilkay, Bender could rival Schweini, Luiz Gustavo, Javi.
Yeah I have no idea why it's not working out for him at Liverpool...but at this stage a return to Dortmund where they know him and what ne needs would probably be best.

It would also be good for us cos then Dortmund can sell us Ilkay and then we can win everything ever.

Clegg

Sahin hasn't impressed for Liverpool.

But it must also be said that he's being played out of position.

I'd have him at United if we were going to play him properly.

Manager

Looks like Mancini and Balotelli been "fighting":
dXXailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2256586/Mario-Balotelli-Roberto-Mancini-training-ground-fight.html

Censored, so paste and remove XX. Looks weird... bad.

1_2441831b.jpg

6_2441833a.jpg

fuenf

Yeah I have no idea why it's not working out for him at Liverpool...but at this stage a return to Dortmund where they know him and what ne needs would probably be best.

Maybe it's the difference between Bundesliga and PL football. Most Bundesliga teams play a more organized, teamoriented brand of football... that's especially true for Dortmund during the Sahin-era. I mean look at Dortmund in the last few years, the players all have each others backs, would run for each other and so on. I think it's quite a difference going from that to the circus that Real is or the dysfunctional Liverpool side.

Mastadon

Banned
Sahin hasn't impressed for Liverpool.

But it must also be said that he's being played out of position.

I'd have him at United if we were going to play him properly.

He's shown glimpses for sure. I don't really think it's fair to judge a midfielder new to the league this early.

GorillaJu

Rumors about this Mirin boy from France seem to not go away. I don't quite understand why we're interested in another CB when Coates barely gets any playing time but I suppose if Carragher is out this summer that we'd need a 4th center-half at senior level (Wisdom probably too young for that responsibility).

Is Martin Kelly still injured?

Mastadon

Banned
Rumors about this Mirin boy from France seem to not go away. I don't quite understand why we're interested in another CB when Coates barely gets any playing time but I suppose if Carragher is out this summer that we'd need a 4th center-half at senior level (Wisdom probably too young for that responsibility).

Is Martin Kelly still injured?

There must be more to the Coates situation that we're aware of. We know Rodgers will give talented youth a chance to play, but he seems to constantly overlook Coates. Maybe he's just dogshit in training?

Top Bottom