• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT10| A Street Ass Named Premier

K1LLER7

Looks like United could go 9/10 points clear of City by the end of next sunday. United home to Liverpool and City away to Arsenal. Think we'll win and hope Arsenal can atleast get a point. Especially with no Yaya and possibly Aguero.

Wilbur

Banned
Looks like United could go 9/10 points clear of City by the end of next sunday. United home to Liverpool and City away to Arsenal. Think we'll win and hope Arsenal can atleast get a point.

Arsenal will lose 2-1 after a late mistake from Sczezsny. We'll win 2-1 after being dominated all game. Gap stays at 7 points.

Looks like United could go 9/10 points clear of City by the end of next sunday. United home to Liverpool and City away to Arsenal. Think we'll win and hope Arsenal can atleast get a point. Especially with no Yaya and possibly Aguero.

Suarez dives and gets a controversial penalty as RVP gets injured later in the game. It all nearly ends in fisticuffs.

Meier

Arsenal only got the win last year because Pizarro is a fucking idiot and was a useless loan signing. They don't have RVP this year but we're going to be without a lot of key players so I think it'll be close. No Aguero definitely hurts.

K1LLER7

Arsenal will lose 2-1 after a late mistake from Sczezsny. We'll win 2-1 after being dominated all game. Gap stays at 7 points.
Yaya won't be there to save them. He always scores crucial goals. Plus Bosscielny will defend like Maldini so Sczezsny won't have to save a shot.

Suarez dives and gets a controversial penalty as RVP gets injured later in the game. It all nearly ends in fisticuffs.

Fergie corrupted the FA.

can't remember clearly but did Suarez-Evra shake hands in the last game?

Without Van Persie's goals and assists this season, Manchester United would be 26 points worse off and in 11th place in the Premier League.

Hate these kinds of statistics. It's like saying "without a goalkeeper in the team, Manchester United would have conceded more goals than in last season"

God bless RVP though.

can't remember clearly but did Suarez-Evra shake hands in the last game?

Yeah they did.

Salazar

Hope Evans starts actually fighting for the ball or doing something with it when he's facing our goal instead of waiting for a touch in the back and then crumpling.

He's gambling an awful lot on referee decisions that won't always come.

Some United transfer muppetry (we don't get much in January)

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11667/8377845

Reckon Holloway will

a) ask too much
b) ask for loan players as well
c) ask for him back immediately

We'd probably be ok with loaning him back straight away, because Frogie doesn't seem to give a shit what we serve up on the wings. But asking for too much money and asking for loan favours - eh.

K1LLER7

Hope Evans starts actually fighting for the ball or doing something with it when he's facing our goal instead of waiting for a touch in the back and then crumpling.

He's gambling an awful lot on referee decisions that won't always come.
Yeah he does that quite often. He's improved massively over the last 2 seasons though. He's started to throw himself at the ball to block shots more often too.

On the ball, he's gotten pretty good and driving forward from defence and making passes. Something Rio was good at when he was younger. Plus this season he's started to become a threat from corners.

Someone on redcafe mentioned that the way the criticism of Suarez has coincided with his best form could be compared to that of Ronaldo in 06/07. Thinking about that bought me to this conclusion:

Ronaldo's wink towards his bench when Rooney got sent off against Portugal in 2006 worked to Rooney's advantage.

Salazar

Someone on redcafe mentioned that the way the criticism of Suarez has coincided with his best form could be compared to that of Ronaldo in 06/07. Thinking about that bought me to this conclusion:

Criticism of Suarez has died down, though. Only nutters (on both sides) still bang on about it.

TeegsD

Just saw that Carrico left for Reading. Wow, didn't expect a PL move. Hopefully everything works out for him over there, I wish our team had been better while he was with us.

Salazar

The true model PL player is Baines. Not just saying it because he lashed in such a beautiful goal earlier.

yiHdi.gif

Lightning

Banned
Looking likely that Walcott will sign a new deal. Not sure if this is good news or bad lol.

Leighton Baines is excellent but he's not worth the money Everton want for him. His attacking play is excellent but defensively he can be suspect and 20mil for a 28yr old left back is not clever spending in my opinion. I wouldn't mind us pursuing Luke Shaw though, he's young and has a lot of potential.

We're also linked with this Adrian Lopez of Atletico Madrid. Anyone know anything about him? Willl he be able to help our poor attack?

Timurid

Looking likely that Walcott will sign a new deal. Not sure if this is good news or bad lol.

Leighton Baines is excellent but he's not worth the money Everton want for him. His attacking play is excellent but defensively he can be suspect and 20mil for a 28yr old left back is not clever spending in my opinion. I wouldn't mind us pursuing Luke Shaw though, he's young and has a lot of potential.

We're also linked with this Adrian Lopez of Atletico Madrid. Anyone know anything about him? Willl he be able to help our poor attack?

I think Lopez is striker/AML. Also, arsenal is linked with Turan too. I do agree that luke shaw would be a better buy for arsenal. I still think baines would be class buy for 20 mil because he brings so much to the attack and to free kicks that it trumps his defensive mistakes.

Timurid

Diamond-Boots.png

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang used these Swarovski crystals encrusted boots during warm ups before the Lyon- St.Etienne game. These boots cost about £2,500. :lol

Salazar

Ideal Nani replacement?

Nope.

Adequate Bebe replacement.

Zaha looks raw as hell. For my part, I want a combination of intimidating pace, aggression, consistent crossing, and enough technical ability and vision to participate in passing moves with Shinji, Robin, ClevGod et al. He's not close to fitting in, at this stage, and he's not a sufficiently compelling talent to put in or around the side for what he can do on his own.

We still really, really need to look at CM, but I'm hoping Frogie's interest in Hazard and Moura indicates an acknowledgement that we need more fearsome wide presence. Valencia's not scaring anybody, Young is at best a simmering threat, Giggs is basically a liability when he's not crossing the ball, Welberg doesn't work there, Nani is injured/uninterested/lethargic/irresponsible.

We could be scoring a lot more freely if we had more class out wide. And Young's speed in tracking back is qualified a little by his infuriating fucking daintiness in actually challenging for the ball.

I'd prefer Ince, if we decide to muppet. (Am I missing something or do Zaha's stats seem pretty unimpressive?) Fergie is capable of modest but shrewd January signings like Smalling and Lindegaard. Not to mention Evra and Vidic in what seems like a long time ago. Of course, we're likely better served waiting for summer and Isco or Rodriguez with a midfielder in tow.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Who's Zaha? If he's not a defender or a midfielder I'm going to stab SAF on his nose.
I'd only ever do a Vidal for Aguero, straight swap. I'd consider it. But for Dzeko + cash? Out of your damn mind.

MADNESS

I would never ever ever swap Vidal for anyone in the world. Even if it's Verratti.

Okay maybe, if it's Verratti.

Edit: Definitely Verratti.

Edit2: PSG take Vidal.

Salazar

It's not so much his stats that bother me. It's just when I'm watching him run with the ball, I'm urging the defender to get a foot in there. Seems like there are lots of opportunities for top class players to shut him down or slow him down. Maybe he'd surprise them, and surprise me. And he seems to be able to finish a bit. But lots of running with the ball in a PL game would seem to be a little bit further in his future.

Top Bottom