• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT10| A Street Ass Named Premier

GorillaJu

It's not so much his stats that bother me. It's just when I'm watching him run with the ball, I'm urging the defender to get a foot in there. Seems like there are lots of opportunities for top class players to shut him down or slow him down.

That's how I feel about Lucas Moura. Seems insane to me that he went for the money he did.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
That's how I feel about Leandro Damião and Neymar.

-

Mino on Cavani:
“For now Cavani will stay, but I wouldn’t be so sure about that once June arrives, I’m sure there are clubs ready to pay that [62m]. But only five clubs in the world can afford to do that – Barcelona, Real Madrid, Manchester City, Chelsea and Paris Saint Germain.”

“You are intelligent enough on your own to understand where Cavani will play his football next season.”

Now Cavani's agent Claudio Anellucci responded:
“I thought Raiola was an agent. Reading what he said about Cavani, it seems he is also a wizard. I am not accustomed to predicting the future of my clients, let alone anyone else’s players.”

Zaha's technical ability does look questionable. You can see why he could flourish in the Championship but is he actually even flourishing there? Around ten goals in over 100 appearances compared to Tom Ince who's scored more in about half the other's appearances. The latter seems capable of stringing together some decent passes too. I don't think United will be signing either, but I know who I'd bet on having the better PL career.

We still really, really need to look at CM, but I'm hoping Frogie's interest in Hazard and Moura indicates an acknowledgement that we need more fearsome wide presence.

I want those things too, but I have the suspicion Fergie will put buying another CB in the summer at priority. Rio's got no more than one, or two, or three at maximum, seasons left with us. Vidic is over thirty. And he tried to sign Varane not so long ago. More likely a prospect such as Zouma than someone like Hummels. After that he'll go for a winger. And then, perhaps, a midfielder, but probably for rotation rather than a star name. There's a bunch of talented kids coming through and I only see us trying to replace the Fletcher-that-was with a sizeable transfer, not Scholes. United's squad is definitely missing a ball-winning midfielder, or at least an understudy to Carrick.

Lightning

Banned
Ross Turnball needs a good kick up the ass for that QPR goal. He was too far off his line. Chelsea had all that possession, all them attacking raids, but didn't create many clear cut chances and Cesar had quite a good game. Poor that from Chelsea.

I heard Suarez played well so stuff watching the Liverpool game. lol

Newcastle lost again? Tired again? What's your unfair excuse this time? And this was at home you bottom feeders! Newcastle are what happens when you buy too many players from the french league! lol

Kyoufu

Newcastle lost again? Tired again? What's your unfair excuse this time? And this was at home you bottom feeders! Newcastle are what happens when you buy too many players from the french league! lol

Injuries, poor defending, no plan B so Cisse was on the wing, Santon not passing to Cisse for an easy tap-in... etc.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
2013%2f1%2fAtt-Stats-Leaderboard.jpg

2013%2f1%2fDEF-Stats-Leaderboard.jpg

Most key passes - BAINES. What a player.

Also I don't think Rio is going to be offered a new contract and I think a CB is going to be our priority in the summer.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
So, we play Milan again next week in Torino.

-

Baines is 28? I'd pay whatever they ask for him. He's not that old for a defender really.

Arnie

Most key passes - BAINES. What a player.

So impressive, especially given his starting position.

Everton will bleed any club dry though, given his form this season. £20 million is a pipe dream, as someone hypothesised on the previous page.

Yep seeing as Ashley Cole is considered the best left back in the League
By numpties.

Baines has been the clear holder of that title for the last 18 months.

Salazar

All kinds of exciting verbs being used to describe what's gonna happen to Ba's legs.

I half expect the noise to be audible from outside the ground.

Kyoufu

Chelsea will pay a total of £28m to Demba Ba for all fees and wages for the total of his 3 and a year contract.

Ba just got PAID.

faridmon

I wouldn't mind seeing Squillaci at Everton. I can see him getting a rough lesson on how to defend by Moyes and can form a great partnership with Jagielka.

Also, I want Heitenga OUT!

heh,

Borussia Dortmund have donned full commando gear and commandeered a stealth minibus as they prepare to launch a raid on Anfield to, in the words of the Sun, "rescue Nuri Sahin from his Liverpool hell". The Turkish midfielder has been held captive for months by the notorious barbarian Brendan Rodgers, who has been ramming red-hot wads of cash into the 24-year-old's pockets for the last four months and forcing him to sit on soft padded benches for up to 90 minutes at a time. Dortmund have consulted with the player's parent club, Real Madrid, and hatched a plot to spring Sahin this month before treating him to intense counselling to help him recover from his ordeal at the hands of Brendan the Beast.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jan/03/football-transfer-rumours-david-villa

*A-team intro*

Top Bottom