• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT10| A Street Ass Named Premier

dc89

Lol at Zlatan's comments.

Mario can haul them to the league title ?

Yeah, no.

He hauled his way (is this even a saying?) past United at The Swamp!

But... If he did it again. He's still not worth the mither. Get rid, bring in Cavani or JoJo!

Mario is finished.

Stupid cunt.

And if Mancini still keeps him on then he's the stupid one.
Lol Mancini has given him umpteen chances already, don't see why he'd suddenly decide he's had enough now.

Awful management from Mancini. And the crazy thing is Balotelli isn't even close to being worth it. Such an over-rated player/talent.

Manager

Lol at Zlatan's comments.

Mario can haul them to the league title ?

Yeah, no.

Zlatan scored "only" 12 goals in 25 matches at Ajax when he was at Mario's age, there's still time for Mario to strengthen up.

Kind of hard to believe that myself anymore though...

Clegg

Doesn't look like Balotelli actually had a fight with Mancini.

MEN reporting that Balo put in a horror tackle on Sinclair. Mancini raced over and grabbed him by his bib and started shoving him.

pappe

Zlatan scored "only" 12 goals in 25 matches at Ajax when he was at Mario's age, there's still time for Mario to strengthen up.

Kind of hard to believe that myself anymore though...
He might be good. but when you have Aguero, Dzeko and unlimited monies which can buy any world class talent why would you put up with a personality who clashes with everyone and does not respect the coach and management?

Remember according to Mancini, city never waste money and balotelli is an 'investment'

Mancini to come out and say Balo will never play for city again, then a month later say he's giving him another chance

The sooner city get rid of both of them, the better for city

Remember according to Mancini, city never waste money and balotelli is an 'investment'

Mancini to come out and say Balo will never play for city again, then a month later say he's giving him another chance

This.

So let's hope they're both there for a long long time.

Slizz

Doesn't look like Balotelli actually had a fight with Mancini.

MEN reporting that Balo put in a horror tackle on Sinclair. Mancini raced over and grabbed him by his bib and started shoving him.

Oh... So it was just Sinclair?
jk prolly had to be real bad for that to happen, although you think other players might have gotten involved?

Manager

He might be good. but when you have Aguero, Dzeko and unlimited monies which can buy any world class talent why would you put up with a personality who clashes with everyone and does not respect the coach and management?

I think, deep down, every City fan is hoping he'll turn into this world class world beater one of a generation type of striker. At 18-19, a lot of people thought he would. And since City bought him for £24m, they probably did as well.

edit
May I add he's cost ~£20m in salaries so far too

Arnie

Really happy for Sahin if he is going to return to Dortmund, best outcome for everyone. Those blaming Liverpool for playing him out of position are ignorant, too. He has played as a deep midfielder, and he's looked out of his depth, and defensively inept. I like the guy, but as a footballer it makes no sense for us to play him in one of the deeper positions given the players we already have. And he's on large wages, so having him waddle around on the bench isn't wise.

He needs to go back, sit alongside Bender once more, and play consistently. Don't think the Premier League is really his thing, sadly, no matter how much people eulogise about his time at Dortmund.

Mancini's a twat for man handling him anyways.

Let Sinclair do that.
Lol as if.

No need to get involved with his players like that.

fuenf

Where does the Balotelli hype come from? None of his stats are particularly impressive, his best moment so far was probably the Germany game. Granted, I'm not really following the Serie A or City but all this talk about him being potentially great reminds me of the talk Podolski was getting in Germany.

Kyoufu

I think, deep down, every City fan is hoping he'll turn into this world class world beater one of a generation type of striker. At 18-19, a lot of people thought he would. And since City bought him for £24m, they probably did as well.

edit
May I add he's cost ~£20m in salaries so far too

City killing players with their crap spending.

Nasri is a lazy piece of crap now too.

Hopefully the Mansour Sheik Al-Habsi Prince of Persia gets bored with City and buys a real football club in the North East.

Where does the Balotelli hype come from? None of his stats are particularly impressive, his best moment so far was probably the Germany game. Granted, I'm not really following the Serie A or City but all this talk about him being potentially great reminds me of the talk Podolski was getting in Germany.
I honestly have no idea. Whenever I watch him play I don't see anything special. Yes he has a good touch but it's not omg amazing. I suppose his finishing is quite good.

But he's just missing for most of every match.

Linius

Maybe it's just that he's so weird and outstanding outside the field? :p

Manager

Scoring 8 goals in 22 Serie A matches as 17 y/o isn't impressive? He scored 7 goals in 15 overall matches season before that.

Kyoufu

Balotelli is a victim of his own hype and City's massive wage structure.

If he played for the shirt rather than the money then he'd probably be that world class player Mourinho saw in him.

GorillaJu

Really happy for Sahin if he is going to return to Dortmund, best outcome for everyone. Those blaming Liverpool for playing him out of position are ignorant, too. He has played as a deep midfielder, and he's looked out of his depth, and defensively inept. I like the guy, but as a footballer it makes no sense for us to play him in one of the deeper positions given the players we already have. And he's on large wages, so having him waddle around on the bench isn't wise.

He needs to go back, sit alongside Bender once more, and play consistently. Don't think the Premier League is really his thing, sadly, no matter how much people eulogise about his time at Dortmund.

Eh, whose fault it is doesn't matter. If he does go back, we can rest assured that it was worth a punt, at the least, and it's not like it cost us an arm and a leg. If he had turned out to play at his level at Dortmund it would have been a shrewd purchase. If not, no big loss.

Manager

City killing players with their crap spending.

Nasri is a lazy piece of crap now too.

Hopefully the Mansour Sheik Al-Habsi Prince of Persia gets bored with City and buys a real football club in the North East.

Unfortunately, £16m on Javi Garcia might prove the worst signing of them all. He has seemed very useless, outshined by far by Barry. I'm trying to accept that he has to get used to PL, but why the hell buy an unexperienced player then? Why gamble that much?

Then spend £12m (Rodwell) on one of the most injury prone players in PL....

Tons of issues with the squad this year. Strikers underperforming. CM not working, Nasri not working so wings relying on Silva, then the whole defense had issues in early season.

Arnie

Eh, whose fault it is doesn't matter. If he does go back, we can rest assured that it was worth a punt, at the least, and it's not like it cost us an arm and a leg. If he had turned out to play at his level at Dortmund it would have been a shrewd purchase. If not, no big loss.
Aye, glad we went out to get him when he became available, and no big loss. His best game was against West Brom in the Capital One, scoring two, and playing well as part of a comeback performance.

Wish him all the best.

We0qo.jpg

Lego dun goofed

2Spc2.jpg

Found this interesting

Woo, I'm still in the Cup :)

Well, yeah, it's not like Sahin is a god in Dortmund (he left way too early) and will have a sure spot. If he comes back to us, he's fourth or even fifth choice. Gündogan, Bender and Kehl would all be ahead of him, maybe also Leitner depending on how bad Sahin is at the moment. That's a big risk for him and thus, I don't think he's coming back to us yet. If he struggles to get a starting spot for us, no big club will be interested again. I can see him going to some Italian club to be honest, that might work for him.

fuenf

Well, yeah, it's not like Sahin is a god in Dortmund (he left way too early) and will have a sure spot. If he comes back to us, he's fourth or even fifth choice. Gündogan, Bender and Kehl would all be ahead of him, maybe also Leitner depending on how bad Sahin is at the moment. That's a big risk for him and thus, I don't think he's coming back to us yet. If he struggles to get a starting spot for us, no big club will be interested again. I can see him going to some Italian club to be honest, that might work for him.

true. But no matter what happens, he'll always have the option to play for some Turkish club and would probably be worshiped like a god over there.

bud

he's not a defensive midfielder and he's not really a number ten either; he's somewhere in between.

ideally, he'd play as a left midfielder in a 4-3-3 with just one defensive midfielder.

Arnie

he's not a defensive midfielder and he's not really a number ten either; he's somewhere in between.

ideally, he'd play as a left midfielder in a 4-3-3 with just one defensive midfielder.
The defensive midfielder has to be really competent though, for that to work. Sahin's not strong enough, and can't tackle particularly well, so it's really easy for teams to breeze through him. With Lucas struggling for fitness this season, we haven't been able to afford him that balance to allow him to play his game, instead preferring for a solid double pivot of Gerrrard and Allen, or Henderson, or Shelvey, all players who're either physically superior and/or more defensively sound.

Hixx

Every time I go to read an article on a player we are linked with there's a sentence similar to this: "it is believed that Everton are also interested in the defender/whatever".

Every year. Every player.

Is it acceptable to miss physical work when you have one of those colds that sap your energy and have you sneezing and coughing all over the place? Bear in mind that my entire job is touching items that will later be touched by others

Meier

There was a better translated version of that article that said the Sheikh liked having Mario because he is a worldwide icon that improved City's global visibility. Here is another pic of the aftermath:

ay_100711585.jpg

FWIW, I've been saying I want him gone since the summer. I'd rather we cut our losses and bring in a different striker or give Guidetti a chance. Hopefully he's on the bench or plays against Watford.

Kyoufu

Without Suarez, Liverpool would be 16th, not 8th. Without RvP, Man Utd would be 11th, not 1st. Without Torres, Chelsea would still be 4th.

LOL

Wes

venison crêpe
Liverpool are going to pay Joe Cole £3m to leave for West Ham?

He was on 92k a week?!

Oh Liverpool. You continually amuse.

Arnie

Liverpool are going to pay Joe Cole £3m to leave for West Ham?

He was on 92k a week?!

Oh Liverpool. You continually amuse.
You didn't know this? There's been a lot written about Joe Cole, a purchase made by an egotistical executive who thought he knew best, in a bid to bring in an England international to bump up the club's status in any potential sale.

Meier

Unfortunately, £16m on Javi Garcia might prove the worst signing of them all. He has seemed very useless, outshined by far by Barry. I'm trying to accept that he has to get used to PL, but why the hell buy an unexperienced player then? Why gamble that much?

I think he's looked a bit better over the past few weeks after his horrorshow performance against Wigan (one of the worst performances I've ever seen really). If only we'd managed to get DDR... Garcia was Plan B for some time but whether or not that was a good decision remains to be seen.

It's a shame that Wanyama was a rumor as well over the summer. I'd imagine we didn't go after him super hard due to the fact we'd lose him to the ACON as well. Will be interesting to see how much he sells for now whenever he does end up moving.

Top Bottom