• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT10| A Street Ass Named Premier

Milan have walked off in a friendly game against a Div4 side because Boateng was being abused.

Good call.

Think alot of the crowd applauded them too so that's also good.

Wes

venison crêpe
You didn't know this? There's been a lot written about Joe Cole, a purchase made by an egotistical executive who thought he knew best, in a bid to bring in an England international to bump up the club's status in any potential sale.

I knew it was high but not 90k.

Meier

I knew it was high but not 90k.

I actually read a story last night that said it was £120k now but his new salary would be £50k. He'll get a £3m golden parachute and then a 3 year deal from the Hammers which made cutting his salary that much more palatable.

Wes

venison crêpe
anigif_enhanced-buzz-24559-1356394901-2.gif

faridmon

I do think Joe Cole still have some quaity. But his wage demands are really outrages. Do footballers know what ''know your level''?

Yen

I actually read a story last night that said it was £120k now but his new salary would be £50k. He'll get a £3m golden parachute and then a 3 year deal from the Hammers which made cutting his salary that much more palatable.

Still very stupid to give a (crap) extremely unfit 31 year old a three year deal and high wages. But I won't complain.

Turok_TTZ

if none of ye heard the news I will tell ya now. surprised yet actually expected, Real Madrid has put up coentrao for sale. get him for a cut throat price around 15-20m euroes while he is still hot.

Surprised in that I expected this to happen in the summer but apparently coentrao just recently pissed off mou and thus put up for sale now.

any team interested in the dirty blonde portuguese?

if none of ye heard the news I will tell ya now. surprised yet actually expected, Real Madrid has put up coentrao for sale. get him for a cut throat price around 20m or so.

Surprised in that I expected this to happen in the summer but apparently coentrao just recently pissed off mou and thus put up for sale now.

How much did they sign him for?

if none of ye heard the news I will tell ya now. surprised yet actually expected, Real Madrid has put up coentrao for sale. get him for a cut throat price around 20m or so while he is still hot.

20m?

For Coentrao.

Turok_ITK plz.

Turok_TTZ

How much did they sign him for?

30m euroes. /facepalm

20m?

For Coentrao.

Turok_ITK plz.
you do realise Real Madrid usually sells at a loss right? this isn't new and sadly it won't stop happening in the near future :(

you think thats bad just wait until we get rid of kaka. sure we recouped in shirt sales but,,... :(
also reread my post. i updated it to reflect 15-20m being likely. I hate how we do business selling players.

Pretty happy with the Joe Cole signing, will be good to see him back in claret & blue as I'd say he's a better option than O'Neill and maybe even Taylor, as well as hopefully providing some good competition for the likes of Collison & Vaz Te. Although, even with his wages being reduced to 50k, he'll still be one of our top earners and could prove to be a very costly signing for us if he isn't able to keep his fitness and recover his form.

I genuinely don't remember a minute of Demba Ba playing for West Ham.

We were the shop window his agent advertised in.

faridmon

if none of ye heard the news I will tell ya now. surprised yet actually expected, Real Madrid has put up coentrao for sale. get him for a cut throat price around 15-20m euroes while he is still hot.

He isn't that good anyway. he was decent at Benfica, because of the system they had suited him. He bombs forward too much and he is liable when it comes to set pieces and zonal marking. Real Madrid, and especially Mourinho require firmer defensive work, which doesn't go along with him.

I do wonder which team suit him...

Arnie

He could come and join the Portugese/Spanish contingent at Liverpool if he wants, for 15 million Euros. We need a new left back. Probably wouldn't want to come, though.

Top Bottom