• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT10| A Street Ass Named Premier

Turok_TTZ

I'd also like to chime in on a very dubious rumor. Flo has apparently done a survey asking socios basically whether mou should continue or not, asks if he has damaged the image of club, etc. also asked about certain players that i wont name and also asked which coach would be good for Real Madrid (wenger, klopp, benitez, etc).

Im guessing the reasoning for this is flo is trying to retain his presidency as elections are up soon as season ends.

in anycase, I thought it was absolute rubbish but then this happened: Real Madrid Official Announcement

We usually ignore fabricated rubbish like this but why make an PR statement denying what is already a dubious rumour?Why break the norm? hell the usual tabloids dont have the dirt on this. marca dont even have it, and they are the bs paper of papers in spain. it seems elconfidencial has something on it but I'm doubting EC for the time being.

I'll know the truth of it soon enough. currently trying to hit up my socio contact to see if such a survey exists.

I'd also like to chime in on a very dubious rumor. Flo has apparently done a survey asking socios basically whether mou should continue or not, asks if he has damaged the image of club, etc. also asked about certain players that i wont name and also asked which coach would be good for Real Madrid (wenger, klopp, benitez, etc).

Im guessing the reasoning for this is flo is trying to retain his presidency as elections are up soon as season ends.

in anycase, I thought it was absolute rubbish but then this happened: Real Madrid Official Announcement

We usually ignore fabricated rubbish like this but why make an PR statement denying what is already a dubious rumour?Why break the norm? hell the usual tabloids dont have the dirt on this. marca dont even have it, and they are the bs paper of papers in spain. it seems elconfidencial has something on it but I'm doubting EC for the time being.

I'll know the truth of it soon enough. currently trying to hit up my socio contact to see if such a survey exists.
You're my pick for PotY 2013.

Kyoufu you may aswell hand over the crown now.

Kyoufu

Mathieu-Debuchy-ar-at-james-park.jpg

#Dreamboat

You're my pick for PotY 2013.

Kyoufu you may aswell hand over the crown now.

I will happily concede to Turok_ITK. After all my year ends when we get relegated.

Zabojnik

I honestly have no idea why Milan have such a hard-on for Balotelli. Goddammit, I don't want him back in Serie A. There'll be a racial controversy every fucking week. :/

Turok_TTZ

Woohoo transfer windows aren't the same without some Turok_ITK

ftr, AS is all over this. AS is not as reputable as EC but they are usually 3 or 4 times out of 5 on the mark.

the papers you want to pay attention to when it comes to Real Madrid is EC, AS. and sometimes elpais (with elpais being the most reputable paper in all of spain iirc).
was gonna hit up on my contacts on this as well but seeing AS covering it... I guess i dont need to.

confuziz

Banned
King Emmanuel Eboue ‏@TheRealEboue

What happens when a black child is being raised by Italian parents . The child turns to a balotelli. I love the guy. He is a proper Italian

Carbonox

My dream is for Newcastle to forfeit the FA Cup at the weekend. Not what we need in the slightest unless a victory somehow gives our team a boost going in to the Norwich game.

Turok_TTZ

Turok, you're brilliant.

Bud, I miss you already.

I'm just a guy who really pays attention to the stuff that goes on in Real Madrid. I look up papers, hit up peeps that are inside, hit up peeps that are external yet as good as being inside. most of the time I will be wrong (usually happens when having to take word for source) if I don't source my stuff. if I think its dubious, ill make sure its stated as such, I won't state anything for fact unless i got multiple sources or AS is on it (willing to risk cred if its AS).

sad thing is. knowing the madrid circus, half the bs is probably true and the messengers still get shot for letting peeps know of it,

ShogunX

And the whole thing's gone full circle to the point where we've both acknowledged that Liverpool are a big club, and City aren't.

Shouldn't waste my time with it, really, but I can't resist correcting nonsense.

Random/ Adam Morgan is off on loan to Rotherham. You ever think he will make the step up and be a first team regular?

I like the lad but I just cant see it myself. Out of our current crop of youngsters I expect Jordan Ibe to be just as good as Sterling very soon.

Arnie

Random/ Adam Morgan is off on loan to Rotherham. You ever think he will make the step up and be a first team regular?

I like the lad but I just cant see it myself. Out of our current crop of youngsters I expect Jordan Ibe to be just as good as Sterling very soon.
I think Morgan's a great finisher but his overall game needs serious work and improvement as it stands. Glad to see him going out for a loan, though.

Ibe's brilliant. Where did he come from?

GorillaJu

I can't think of many clubs bigger than City. Liverpool are not one of them either.

The only metric by which City could be considered a "big" club is by the quality of their first team. Perhaps their spending power, but that seems silly to refer to.

It's a really stupid discussion anyway, to be frank, but I don't think one could get far with the argument that City is as big as Liverpool.

Turok_TTZ

BOOMHEADSHOT.gif

Survey is bs. Apparently some inside the club are starting to attack flo though, elections related. i guess this signals the elections are coming, the elections are coming. hide yo wife, hide yo kids, hide yo madrid shirts, the elections are coming.

I think Morgan's a great finisher but his overall game needs serious work and improvement as it stands. Glad to see him going out for a loan, though.

Ibe's brilliant. Where did he come from?

Wycombe, youngest ever player in league football at 15 years old. Infamously booked for celebrating with his family after scoring his first ever goal

Measures of bigness:

Stadium size
Recent success
Historical success
Present quality
Worldwide fanbase
General interest

The most important of those metrics is the size of the fanbase imo, which is an area where we have you well beaten. Not that it matters.

dc89

Oh Reggie you so silly

The only metric by which City could be considered a "big" club is by the quality of their first team. Perhaps their spending power, but that seems silly to refer to.

It's a really stupid discussion anyway, to be frank, but I don't think one could get far with the argument that City is as big as Liverpool.

Of course Liverpool are bigger than City! 5 European cups says that I think. I just like to see the immediate defence that is thrown about.

Liverpool > Chelsea > City > Arsenal > Spurs > QPR > United

In terms of massiveness.

Hixx

Of course Liverpool are bigger than City! 5 European cups says that I think. I just like to see the immediate defence that is thrown about.

In terms of massiveness.

Arsenal have always been and always will be bigger than Chelsea.

GorillaJu

In terms of massiveness.

You forgot Wigan Athletic, Norwich City and Reading, which would all fit somewhere in between QPR and United.

faridmon

Also, Big Is subjectve.

I could sargue that Sunderland is bigger than City because of its history
and the fact that they fill their seats

GolazoDan

Yeah, it's really interesting. The guy is really delusional.
He seems like a nice man though. Extremely naive but he seemed to have good intentions. Bears ain't giving a fuck about good intentions though, :(

I like the contrast between his enthusiasm and Herzog's cynicism.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
Eventually this City argument is going to go away and people will just have to accept they're at the big table now. We're currently at the 'Liverpool may have a good team but they're not a massive club like Forest or Palace' stage in its new life.

People often criticise Wigan's lack of fanbase, but I love having a team in the Premier League who are there because they're run incredibly well. I can't stand Dave Whelan, but the guy must be some kind of genius

Hixx

What's this about Milan walking off due to racism today??

Also what Pardew wants to replace Ba is basically... Ba.

Damian Spellman ‏@DamianSpellman
Pardew on Ba's replacement: "I would like, if possible, to have a player with real power and pace...who is going to threaten at set-plays."

What's this about Milan walking off due to racism today??

Also what Pardew wants to replace Ba is basically... Ba.

Damian Spellman ‏@DamianSpellman
Pardew on Ba's replacement: "I would like, if possible, to have a player with real power and pace...who is going to threaten at set-plays."

Sounds like Heskey to me. There are rumours of him leaving Australia...

Top Bottom