• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT10| A Street Ass Named Premier

Wilbur

Banned
Oh wow Bud got outdone in that thread where he got banned.

Holy shit
KuGsj.gif

Foliorum? I laughed

Nyx

Damian Spellman ‏@DamianSpellman
Pardew on Ba's replacement: "I would like, if possible, to have a player with real power and pace...who is going to threaten at set-plays."

Power and pace ey?

Jacob Mulenga.

He doesn't have a first-touch though, and might shoot balls out of the stadium every once in a while, but fuck that, pay millions.

Turok_TTZ

What's this about Milan walking off due to racism today??

Also what Pardew wants to replace Ba is basically... Ba.

Pardew on Ba's replacement: "I would like, if possible, to have a player with real power and pace...who is going to threaten at set-plays."

boateng, niang, muntari were getting racist chants. boateng picked up ball and kicked to crowd in frustration. crowd gets shittier. ref ended the game early.

faridmon

No.

But if you look at club performance:attendance, Sunderland win everything ever, so...

Since, you are fan, I trust your word.

Burt I do remmebr there were some stats showing that Sunderland was up there when it comes to how consistent those numbers were every week.

Maybe my memory is playing tricks on me, but...

Around 10,000 short on average (I think).
Fair enough

Sunderland is still bigger than City

I was about to reply to that thread then got to the second page and t was locked and timedog and some other guy banned for the most misjudged comment you are likely to see

I always get socks folded over in a packet so inserting money would be impossible

Kyoufu

What's this about Milan walking off due to racism today??

Also what Pardew wants to replace Ba is basically... Ba.

I don't remember Ba having pace. We need a winger badly.

Hixx

Since, you are fan, I trust your word.

Burt I do remmebr there were some stats showing that Sunderland was up there when it comes to how consistent those numbers were every week.

Maybe my memory is playing tricks on me, but...

Fair enough

Sunderland is still bigger than City

Since our return to the Prem we've average over 40k apart from one season which was 39k. Our highest finish has been tenth. Back in the early 2000s we were averaging 46k. Even in the 19 point season we averaged 39k. And despite our horrendous home form we are again averaging over 40k.

ShogunX

Was there someone in this thread who claimed Dzeko was better than RVP?

Probably but then I do recall you calling RVP an overrated waster who has only had one good season in his career.

I was actually sad enough to save that post to a word pad file lol.

you could sign downing trolololololol

Not sure we would be selling at the moment. Downing has improved a lot of the past month and can fill in at left back :) He's probably a better left back than Coentrao at the moment.

Salvadora

Probably but then I do recall you calling RVP an overrated waster who has only had one good season in his career.

Wasn't that claimed by quite a few other United fans as well? I'll need to go back and look :lol

Turok_TTZ

Not sure we would be selling at the moment. Downing has improved a lot of the past month and can fill in at left back :) He's probably a better left back than Coentrao at the moment.[

You'd think I'd be mad at the bolded but I am not. We wasted 30m euroes for a utility player at best. a Mou signing yet now mou regrets signing him

Not even gonna bother defending coentrao, I want him gone.

Wilbur

Banned
Clegg was just trolling. I was being semi-serious :lol

Not that I doubted his talent but I was just pissed off we were spending 20m on another striker as opposed to facing our deficiencies in centre midfield. I happily eat all crow.

Meier

Elsk always claimed players who played or play in Germany are better than players in the EPL.

This is true. He was always going nuts over Dzeko's time at Wolfsburg. Dzeko can be very good but he needs motivation. He is fantastic in possession while holding up the ball and can often find a pinpoint pass from that situation but when he's on the move.. it's not pretty.

I was nervous about City getting RVP because it felt like a lot of money for an injury prone player and he was terrible at the Euros. Obviously any concerns have been put to bed.. he is operating on another level right now.

I hope and expect Hernandez to stay at United for a very long time. No way Fergie's selling him, unsure of whether any future managers will dislike him, however.

D_prOdigy

Wasn't that claimed by quite a few other United fans as well? I'll need to go back and look :lol

I remember openly hoping he'd go to City to suck up their wages and warm their bench...

I hope and expect Hernandez to stay at United for a very long time. No way Fergie's selling him, unsure of whether any future managers will dislike him, however.

... But I'm happy to say I've never swayed from the Chicha wagon.

Wilbur

Banned
Chicha seems relatively happy knowing his place in the squad, so I'd be delighted to keep him around forever and ever.

The problem at the moment is keeping Henriquez and Welbeck around while RVP and Rooney are ahead of him.

How many penalties and red cards will we concede next weekend? I reckon one of each

Vidicon to be sent off after a battle with Sterling. Suarez celebrates in front of Fergie after winning a corner. Gerrard misses penalty against Lindergoat. Rooney promotes new movie at half time. Valencia statue unveiled on pitch before kickoff, he saves time and stays at home. Fletcher busy filming new Rocky movie. Giggs and Scholes to start.

Wilbur

Banned
Vidicon to be sent off after a battle with Sterling. Suarez celebrates in front of Fergie after winning a corner. Gerrard misses penalty against Lindergoat. Rooney promotes new movie at half time. Valencia statue unveiled on pitch before kickoff, he saves time and stays at home. Fletcher busy filming new Rocky movie. Giggs and Scholes to start.

I was happy until the last line

Wilbur

Banned
Piers Morgan is asked who of Arsenal's players would get into United's team. He replies Wilshere, Walcott, Cazorla and Sagna.

It is put to him that Rafael has been better than Sagna. An Arsenal fan calls it nonsense and that the former should delete his account.

Then someone says Ivanovic, Zabaleta and Johnson have all been better. The Arsenal fan is still fuming.

Then someone says Kyle Walker. He LOOOOOOLS

I love Arsenal

The Hitman LTTP thread. Lots of bans.

He said it was a perma but I don't believe him.

GAFs newest silly rules that will be eased up on sooner or later, yeah the talk about if a thread is worthy is annoying but... A Lttp thread a month after release? lol

Wario64 has never been funny though.

Anderson

Piers Morgan is asked who of Arsenal's players would get into United's team. He replies Wilshere, Walcott, Cazorla and Sagna.

It is put to him that Rafael has been better than Sagna. An Arsenal fan calls it nonsense and that the former should delete his account.

Then someone says Ivanovic, Zabaleta and Johnson have all been better. The Arsenal fan is still fuming.

Then someone says Kyle Walker. He LOOOOOOLS

I love Arsenal

Twitter football fans are the worst, I rate Sagna alot but he's not the best in the PL, his crossing can be diabolical

Top Bottom