• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT10| A Street Ass Named Premier

Haven't seen a lot from him that impressed me, but in Fergie we trust.

Nani :(

ibxUawnBgYv8mx.gif

:(

K1LLER7

Don't worry guys, Bebe will return as the next Ronaldo. He's gonna tear the Portugese league up.

"We feel the boy has got to get good experience at a better level than our reserve team," Ferguson told MUTV.

"He's gone to Rio Ave who are fifth in the Portuguese league at the moment - they have a young coach [Nuno] who has a very good reputation.

"Bebe has done quite well in the last two or three months. He got a cruciate knee injury when he was on loan in Turkey last season and that derailed him for a bit.

"Coming back from these injuries takes time but he's started to develop quite well. Hopefully his spell in Portugal, where he is from anyway, could help him."

Having made the move at the end of 2012, Bebe said: "I'll give it everything while I'm here and try to help the team to continue occupying the places that they have been in the table.

"Obviously something went wrong in the last phase of my career, I had a serious injury which thankfully I have fully recovered well from.

"I'm fine physically - I was always training and playing. It's good to come here and I want to show what I can do."

Frogie is a bit hit and miss when it comes to signings.

I'm just hoping Zaha is as good as the hype suggests.
Generally he gets it right IMO, especially over the last few years. Our signings in the last 3 years are:

Van Persie
Kagawa
Powell
Henriquez
Buttner
Jones
De Gea
Young
Smalling
Hernandez
Lindegaard
Bebe

Only one real shocker there, fucking Ashley Young.

Clegg

According to Delaney, Arsenal want Zaha right now but United are willing to loan him back to Palace for the rest of the season.

Kyoufu

I remember reading somewhere that you guys were going to sign Moussa Sissoko? He'll be a fantastic buy for newcastle.

He is what our midfield is lacking atm (big control) but our league position means we'd need miracles to sign anyone good right now. :(

Though I read that he talked to Cabaye about joining us... so who knows...

Turok_TTZ

I'd be happy with Mbiwa. Sakho could have happened when he was sitting on the bench. Not now :(

Mbiwa? the best defender in france right now? what are the chances of newcastle taking him? only a top team can sign him imo.

Personally If it were upto me, i'd sell off pepe, put ramos in rb, and sign mbiwa so we can do ramos varane mbiwa marcelo. the one defensive wall to break the hearts of many strikers/stingers.

Carbonox

He is what our midfield is lacking atm (big control) but our league position means we'd need miracles to sign anyone good right now. :(

Though I read that he talked to Cabaye about joining us... so who knows...

Yesssss I want Sissoko. Tiote's going to the ACoN so we need a new CM big time. Sissoko would be perfect and is another Cabaye buddy.

Timurid

Mbiwa? the best defender in france right now? what are the chances of newcastle taking him? only a top team can sign him imo.

Personally If it were upto me, i'd sell off pepe, put ramos in rb, and sign mbiwa so we can do ramos varane mbiwa marcelo. the one defensive wall to break the hearts of many strikers/stingers.

:lol best defender in france right now is Thiago Silva.

Clegg

Generally he gets it right IMO, especially over the last few years. Our signings in the last 3 years are:

Van Persie
Kagawa
Powell
Henriquez
Buttner
Jones
De Gea
Young
Smalling
Hernandez
Lindegaard
Bebe

Only one real shocker there, fucking Ashley Young.
And Bebe.

I was looking a bit further back though. Manucho,Dong, Obertan, Bellion, Miller, Kleberson and the Djemba twins.

You're right about his more recent signings though. In general they've been pretty good.

Kyoufu

Hey man.

We will sign Mbiwa, Sakho and Benzema. All at the same time.

:lol :lol

Young's been a decent signing. He's played quite well since the City game and is the only winger at the moment who's actually doing something attacking wise. His movement helps the team too.

I like Young as a squad player, but not someone who is in the first 11.

Apparently Ba has passed his medical (club insisted on it?). Very pleased with the signing if it goes ahead but think we need 1 more striker, perhaps someone who can play in midfield too to give us more options.

I think if we can keep everyone fit then the signings we make in January can lift us and allow us to continue where we were before the QPR disaster and have a strong finish this season (wherever that leaves us).

Also, more options we have better placed we will be to fight to win league cup/Fa Cup/Europa cup which if their league form is too shit to win (which it seems to be) then we can win that instead.

:lol I was joking about Young guys.

It's an okay signing and everybody knew what we were getting so it's not like there was any major risk involved. Pretty straightforwards signing for the team willing to pay £15m for him. Think we over-paid but not massively.

K1LLER7

I like Young as a squad player, but not someone who is in the first 11.
Agree, If all the wingers were on form then I'd go with Valencia and Nani. But this season Young shouldn't really be getting so much hate IMO.

Really wish we give Bebe another chance. He's a similar type of player to Nani, skillful and Quick. Different from the other wingers. He's done well in the reserve games after his knee injury so hopefully he does well on loan and gets another chance.

Agree, If all the wingers were on form then I'd go with Valencia and Nani. But this season Young shouldn't really be getting so much hate IMO.

Really wish we give Bebe another chance. He's a similar type of player to Nani, skillful and Quick. Different from the other wingers. He's done well in the reserve games after his knee injury so hopefully he does well on loan and gets another chance.

It's fun to make fun of Young. He's like Meg.

Yen

hard to feel sorry for McLaren, one of the most intolerant posters that i came across.

Oh absolutely, just throwing it out there that FV had been banned for personal attacks. But m777 was a bad bastard - comparing homosexuality to bestiality, all-in-all just being a radical fundamentalist.

Top Bottom