• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT10| A Street Ass Named Premier

Wilbur

Banned
What I mean is he started off all right then went right off the boil so it's possible with West Ham he can produce the form he did when he first came to Arsenal and should be given the chance. My wording is a bit poor but I'm bitter because for the later time he was with us he was useless in every way but I think that had more to do with him being totally deflated and discontent with our club than him being a useless player.

Yeah I kind of got what you meant, but you went from decent and written off too easily to struggling even with Fabregas and overpaid idiot :lol

He's okay, he isn't tragic. Don't think he should start, Maiga and Cole should be ahead of him even in Carroll's absence.

GolazoDan

I play.

It's a pretty ridiculous game lol. You might hate it at first like I did, then you'll tolerate it like I did when you figure out the dumbass exploits.
The secret to COD multiplayer is to not take it seriously. It's just a laugh. I hated it at first but then I started playing games with my mates. None of us gave a shit about being the best, was just fun to run around like a headless chicken and lob grenades everywhere.

Slizz

The secret to COD multiplayer is to not take it seriously. It's just a laugh. I hated it at first but then I started playing games with my mates. None of us gave a shit about being the best, was just fun to run around like a headless chicken and lob grenades everywhere.

I gotta take it somewhat seriously, I'm not worried about my own K/D, I just really want to win the objectives.

With shitty teams and not exploiting the game it's near impossible to win a match. Gotta have that Lighting Strike, VSAT, K9/Swarm combo if you really want to win on most games.

Ignoring what's gone on the past, does he really think £6 million was a fair price to ask for this player?

You're forgetting the Man Utd tax, which makes clubs offer £7million for players like Frazier Campbell and £5.5million for Kieran Richardson

edit: RVP completely shinned that Charlton volley

I am not giving you an avatar quote.

iCO2Ql8uQI9xc.png

I played it for a few hours at a friends place last week but I got bored quite fast. Guess I'll sit this one out :p

I play.

It's a pretty ridiculous game lol. You might hate it at first like I did, then you'll tolerate it like I did when you figure out the dumbass exploits.

Will play if you want, send me game requests if you see me online! Gamertag's same as here, GolazoDan. Always more entertaining if you know who you're being killed by, ha.

Cool. I'm taking a break from FIFA because I can't handle the valleys that occur and I've never been too emotional over COD. Haven't played one in a long time

Ignoring what's gone on the past, does he really think £6 million was a fair price to ask for this player?
Heh, obv not.

This type of transfer does set a dangerous precedent though. Will be interesting to see if it happens more regularly and with more talented players now.

Wilbur

Banned
You're forgetting the Man Utd tax, which makes clubs offer £7million for players like Frazier Campbell and £5.5million for Kieran Richardson

edit: RVP completely shinned that Charlton volley

What Hitcher filing cabinet do we put this post into?

1. Utterly wrong
2. Tongue in cheek
3. Salt as fuck

<3

Wilbur

Banned
I remember watching that video the night we signed him.

Man, felt good.

Wonder what the Zaha compilation catalogue is like.

Wilfried Zaha Stepover Compilation | You Ain't Seen Nothin' Yet

I haven't seen nearly enough of him tbh.

Not sure why I'm watching Walsall vs Pompey but the attendance is shite.

As a Saints fan, do you enjoy the plight of Pompey? I remember Arnie saying something along the lines of wanting to see United fail miserably on the field but not to disappear off it, whereas Wooden's hating on Brondby is just deep rooted anger :lol

Heh, obv not.

This type of transfer does set a dangerous precedent though. Will be interesting to see if it happens more regularly and with more talented players now.

I don't think it's happened before. I don't think there was anything stopping it from happening before either. I'm not sure a lot of players would agree to something like this when you're effectively saying, "we want you, but we don't want to pay that much for you". Maybe with Fryers it was easier when he was offered a lot more money elsewhere, and the contract on offer at United didn't reflect their valuation of him.

Ferguson: "The league should look into it. They should stop the registration until they examine it. There will be a trail. Either mobile phones or something. It is obvious to me."

Spurs club spokesman: "Zeki Fryers was out of contract in the summer. We had looked in to the possibility of signing the player but were unable to agree a deal on the terms Manchester United were asking. Zeki chose to go to Standard Liege, who paid compensation to Manchester United. Zeki enjoyed his time at Standard. However, when Standard sacked their manager in November Zeki wasn't part of the new manager's plans, which he accepts and understands happens in football. Unfortunately, a combination of this, and the fact that he had become homesick meant he wanted to return to England and his representatives made contact with clubs in England. This afforded us a second opportunity to sign the player and as per FIFA's solidarity contribution mechanism, Manchester United will receive five per cent of the transfer fee we have paid."

lol, Mancini ain't looking too good.

'He's cracking up'
He was on the verge of complete and utter collapse in the QPR game last season. When Mackie scores you can see Mancini screaming "FUCK YOU FUCK YOU" at his players.

Luckily for him that twat Aguero saved him - but if this season doesn't get better for them I think he's going to lose it, properly, for good.

If I were to describe Zaha in 1 word, it'd be 'exciting' rather than 'good.'

Of course there's plenty of room for improvement and potential, so I'd rather he stayed at Palace

Wilbur

Banned

Of course there's plenty of room for improvement and potential, so I'd rather he stayed at Palace

If we got him now, I'd like him to finish the season there and maybe go on loan there again next year if they get promoted. If not, bring him to United for the start of next season.

3Sixty

As a Saints fan, do you enjoy the plight of Pompey? I remember Arnie saying something along the lines of wanting to see United fail miserably on the field but not to disappear off it, whereas Wooden's hating on Brondby is just deep rooted anger :lol

I enjoy watching them suffer. Mainly because they are a despicable, horrible club who the media seem to have a love in with. Ripped off thousands off small companies and charities countless times. Sacked a bunch of loyal club staff but gave a 53 year old Kanu a year extension on a £30k+ a week contract. Every football fan should hate them, but it's always plucky old pompey.

I couldn't care less if they went bust. Would feel slightly sorry for the non mong section of the fan base.

Mine would be 'Petulant'

I don't think it's happened before. I don't think there was anything stopping it from happening before either. I'm not sure a lot of players would agree to something like this when you're effectively saying, "we want you, but we don't want to pay that much for you".

Ferguson: "The league should look into it. They should stop the registration until they examine it. There will be a trail. Either mobile phones or something. It is obvious to me."

Spurs club spokesman: "Zeki Fryers was out of contract in the summer. We had looked in to the possibility of signing the player but were unable to agree a deal on the terms Manchester United were asking. Zeki chose to go to Standard Liege, who paid compensation to Manchester United. Zeki enjoyed his time at Standard. However, when Standard sacked their manager in November Zeki wasn't part of the new manager's plans, which he accepts and understands happens in football. Unfortunately, a combination of this, and the fact that he had become homesick meant he wanted to return to England and his representatives made contact with clubs in England. This afforded us a second opportunity to sign the player and as per FIFA's solidarity contribution mechanism, Manchester United will receive five per cent of the transfer fee we have paid."
Yes I think it's the first case of it's kind and it's a really bizarre one because really I don't see what Fryers offers to Spurs which makes it worth all the hassle.

But if similar things happen with more gifted players and the payment of compensation is avoided then it could be a problem.

Or maybe, the story above is truly what happened. I almost think maybe it is...or then maybe I just don't rate Fryers highly enough!

Wilbur

Banned
http://www.abload.de/img/rvcuntbrat1.gif[/im][/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://i.minus.com/itZkJeME8g8Oj.gif

I enjoy watching them suffer. Mainly because they are a despicable, horrible club who the media seem to have a love in with. Ripped off thousands off small companies and charities countless times. Sacked a bunch of loyal club staff but gave a 53 year old Kanu a year extension on a £30k+ a week contract. Every football fan should hate them, but it's always plucky old pompey.

I couldn't care less if they went bust. Would feel slightly sorry for the non mong section of the fan base.

You and Wooden are hate bros

faridmon

Anyone here use Photohop/illustrator?

Do you know how you can tell if the design work is vector or bit-map? and how can you change from one to another?

Zabojnik

He'll be back in april.

In my experience, it usually takes players 6+ months to get back to more or less where they were before after a serious knee injury. If they ever do. Del Piero. :( Nevermind two brutal ones. I wish Pepito all the luck, obviously, but I'd say he's a buy for next season for Fiorentina. 16M&#8364; is a LOT, even if it's tied to how well he'll recover.

Llorente is done deal for juve. I think jovetic is staying in Fiorentina.

You've been strangely tame this past 24 hours, Timo. What's up? :p Yeah, getting to Jovetic is going to be a bitch. The shoemaker will probably try to push him to Milan or Inter, if he decides to stay in Italy. Which remains to be seen. I expect City to come in with an offer both he and Fiorentina won't be able to refuse.

Wes

venison crêpe
So that guy that ran on the pitch to fight Rio said he had 8 pints of beer and didn't know what he was doing?

8 pints? That's not even a pre-drink.

FootballGAF RealTalk Edition

I've only ever drankmore than 8 beers on a single night out probably once in my life and that was freshers week at my undergrad.

I really don't drink all that much "to have a good time". I don't consider myself a lightweight, I seem to just enjoy in moderation.

Wilbur

Banned
This is why he's amazing. He's clinical as fuck, he doesn't waste a chance. It's irritating even.

RVP > Ibra? plz

I've only ever drankmore than 8 beers on a single night out probably once in my life and that was freshers week at my undergrad.

I really don't drink all that much "to have a good time". I don't consider myself a lightweight, I seem to just enjoy in moderation.

I normally drink a whole bottle of the 7 quid little Southern Comforts with lemonade as pre-drink, then get to the bar and get like three jagerbombs and then mix Disaronno/Coke, SoCoLemo and Jagerbombs all night until I'm drunk enough to send pictures of my bollock to FootyGAF members

Linius

Thank you for sharing this with the group. Who wants next?

Top Bottom