• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT10| A Street Ass Named Premier

Dont do it

nyMhz.jpg

(going to watch that)

Also need pics of shoes.

Wes

venison crêpe
So pissed off. Bouncers at a club refuse to let me in on the basis that my boots aren't nice enough (despite the fact those boots have got me in the same club previously). Then, after an hour of walking to and from with better shoes, they refuse to let me in on the basis that I'm "too tipsy"...DESPITE THE FACT I HADN'T DRUNK ANYTHING.

Just...ugh.

Oh, and Ba. Yay.

If only you had gone back 30 minutes later and been female.

So pissed off. Bouncers at a club refuse to let me in on the basis that my boots aren't nice enough (despite the fact those boots have got me in the same club previously). Then, after an hour of walking to and from with better shoes, they refuse to let me in on the basis that I'm "too tipsy"...DESPITE THE FACT I HADN'T DRUNK ANYTHING.

Just...ugh.

Oh, and Ba. Yay.

The lesson here being Dont turn up to clubs wankered and in football boots

Sheit I can't even remember the last time I went in a club

Kyoufu

Cba. The point is that I've used those same boots with the same bouncers letting me in, so why now? Tbh, the tipsy allegation pissed me off more, since most of my friends who had got in when I was turned away were quite drunk. No consistency.

They're probably pissed that Ba left for your club.

TrueBlue

Some bouncers are just arseholes.

Damn straight. Would've understood more if I had originally been turned away for being too tipsy, even if they still would've been wrong.

The lesson here being Dont turn up to clubs wankered and in football boots

Sheit I can't even remember the last time I went in a club

They weren't football boots lol.

They're probably pissed that Ba left for your club.

Are you?

Have a few shirt buttons open the next time, Tru.

The ladies were liking my shirt :/

Kyoufu

What did he say.

I saw a guy on a Chelsea forum today who had Ba listed as his favorite player. I can't have stuff like that. How can you say that without having seen him kick a ball in your shirt?

He didn't thank Newcastle for giving him the stage to perform. Instead he said West Ham and Newcastle are not Chelsea. It will be easier with world class players around him.

"I've joined a ginormous club"

Timurid

He didn't thank Newcastle for giving him the stage to perform. Instead he said West Ham and Newcastle are not Chelsea. It will be easier with world class players around him.

I played one fifa game as Chelsea and I put Ba upfront. He got 3 goals and 2 assists. :lol

Lightning

Banned

It could also be suicide for his career. He doesn't perform between January and end of the season his Chelsea career will be over and he's in his prime and needs to be playing. I don't think he made the right choice as I think you'll find he won't be leading the Chelsea line for long.

Kyoufu

I played one fifa game as Chelsea and I put Ba upfront. He got 3 goals and 2 assists. :lol

He is going to tear the league apart with Hazard and Mata assisting him.

It could also be suicide for his career. He doesn't perform between January and end of the season his Chelsea career will be over and he's in his prime and needs to be playing. I don't think he made the right choice as I think you'll find he won't be leading the Chelsea line for long.

Possibly, but I think he'll be fine. If he plays centrally that is. If he plays wide then LOL

Not aimed at you because you said you weren't bothered, but can't say I see what the big deal is other than not giving Newcastle a nod. West Ham and Newcastle aren't Chelsea, that's not to imply that they aren't big clubs, because they're very big in the English game. But Chelsea, ordinarily, are on a different level and playing on the world stage.
Europa :lol
. And whilst it may bother some people because of how we got there, we are a big name club these days. Nothing he said was unfair really.

But again, he'd of done well to at least thank Newcastle.

You would though.

Kyoufu

Not aimed at you because you said you weren't bothered, but can't say I see what the big deal is other than not giving Newcastle a nod. West Ham and Newcastle aren't Chelsea, that's not to imply that they aren't big clubs, because they're very big in the English game. But Chelsea, ordinarily, are on a different level and playing on the world stage.
Europa :lol
. And whilst it may bother some people because of how we got there, we are a big name club these days. Nothing he said was unfair really.

But again, he'd of done well to at least thank Newcastle.

Yeah it's out of order not to give us the nod, considering how shit he has been treated by other clubs in the past. Oh well, I'm not bothered.

@Timerda: Don't worry about messing with me. Don't really ever care when people say things about Juve. It's only football. Besides, I'm not planning on giving up Timerda so Rubentus is fine :p

Really glad Ciro isn't around anymore. I was dreading this awkward encounter.

WE ARE GETTING JUVETIC

I have never been more sure in my life.

Well, actually I was once last summer.
he'll come home soon enough :(

Jovetic... Jovetic... Jovetic... Jovetic... Jovetic................ ANDREA COSSU. Get ready for the new reality.

Hey, what happened to the Andrea Poli deal we had on lock? I'd happily take him if we ditched Padoin, maybe.

Confession time : I wore an Inter hat today.

CORNUTOOOO

Ohh come on. Chelsea are aiming far higher than Ba for their attack. You guys want Falcao to lead the line.

I'm not trying to be anti Chelsea at all here.
Wasn't so much that you were being anti Chelsea as much as you're just a whiner. I mean that in a lighthearted way :lol.
I don't...

I do.

But really, should he start banging them in and doing the business, we aren't just going to say, "Alright mate, Falcao's on the way. Do one!" If he's successful he'll get played. And anyway, this is assuming we land Falcao, a man who isn't exactly short of options.

It's one thing to say, he's just little ol' Demba Ba from West Ham and Newcastle. If he comes good, he'll be kept and played.

Yeah, getting to Jovetic is going to be a bitch. The shoemaker will probably try to push him to Milan or Inter, if he decides to stay in Italy. Which remains to be seen. I expect City to come in with an offer both he and Fiorentina won't be able to refuse.
After the Berbatov fiasco i doubt he'll be so happy to sell him to Juve unless you guys offer him a lot of money. No chance for us, Moratti and Della Valle hate each other at least since Calciopoli (and probably for earlier stuff), last player we tried to buy from them was Luca Toni in 06, he was close to joining us but Della Valle simply didn't want to sell him to Inter. I won't complaing though because at the end we got ibra. :D
I have a Zanetti shirt. :p
<3

Lightning

Banned
Hmm why did we have to draw Swansea away? What a shit draw. Just don't lose and we'll try and pick them at the Emirates would be the best we can hope for here I think.

Messi

... Because she is gorgeous

Something to this day really bothers me about Mad Men ( just assume these are spoilers if you are not caught up, you have been warned)

Joan's rape really bothered me but what bothers me more is the fact that she did nothing about it, atleast from what I remember. Am I to believe she would just accept that

I will say Joan is my favourite character too

Scum

Hmm why did we have to draw Swansea away? What a shit draw. Just don't lose and we'll try and pick them at the Emirates would be the best we can hope for here I think.

Huh? You want extra games to play? Surely beating them away and playing another team in the fourth round would be a better thing? :p

Lightning

Banned
Huh? You want extra games to play? Surely beating them away and playing another team in the fourth round would be a better thing? :p
Of course it would but the way we are currently playing I don't think we can beat them away and I don't want us to go out of the cup in our first game.

Top Bottom