• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT10| A Street Ass Named Premier

3Sixty

A Gus Poyet side being dirty diving cheating bastards.

In other news, grass is green.

Edit:

Oh we are actually playing a strong side? Please don't get injuries.

Boruc, Cork, Fonte (c), Yoshida, Shaw, Schneiderlin, S. Davis, Ward-Prowse, Puncheon, Rodriguez, Guly.

bjaelke

He's a cunt that should be in prison

x7FN9.jpg

Whoa Demba Ba starting for Chelsea

Not much of a surprise. Benitez has been saying recently how he needs to be able to rest Torres and the cut-off for registration was 12pm yesterday, deal was announced just before so it was pretty much a given.

Now if Ba scores (or does well) what will be interesting will be who plays against Swansea next week.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
At last the day is here. I am at the Lane to witness BAEs glorious return. All hail Benny!

GorillaJu

Today, I finally figured out what song was stuck in my head that I've only heard once but couldn't shake (lol) for MONTHS and just today I was able to recall a line of the lyrics and Googled it to discover that it is Florence and the Machine's "Shake it Out." Actually not a bad song, lol Just happy to finally have figured out what it is.

/livejournal

Wes

venison crêpe
VILLA: Given, Clark, Bennett, Baker, Lichaj, Bannan, Delph, Albrighton, N’Zogbia, Bent, Bowery.

Looks like a 4-4-2

Bo-Locks

Eight years. Eight. Years.

My fiancé, who doesn't even watch football, just said, "Newcastle, what happened to them?" Even she knows. For shame.

GorillaJu

Brighton did really well last season in the FA Cup as well. When they want to they can really bring it. I am not surprised to see Newcastle falter having not sent out a full strength squad.

Domestic

League titles

First Division/Premier League:

Winners (4) – 1904–05, 1906–07, 1908–09, 1926–27

Football League Championship:

Winners (3) – 1964–65, 1992–93, 2009–10

Northern League:

Winners (3) – 1902–03, 1903–04, 1904–05

Cups

FA Cup:

Winners (6) – 1910, 1924, 1932, 1951, 1952, 1955

FA Community Shield 1:

FA Youth Cup 2:

Winners (2) – 1962, 1985

Honours

[Guess who] have won European and domestic league honours. The club's last major honour was in 1969 when they won the Inter-Cities Fairs Cup.

Massive, massive club

#definitelybiggerthansunderlandbasedonnothinginparticular

Today, I finally figured out what song was stuck in my head that I've only heard once but couldn't shake (lol) for MONTHS and just today I was able to recall a line of the lyrics and Googled it to discover that it is Florence and the Machine's "Shake it Out." Actually not a bad song, lol Just happy to finally have figured out what it is.

/livejournal
Feelsgoodman.

Love it when that happens. Florence and the Machine are brilliant.

Yen

Domestic

League titles

First Division/Premier League:

Winners (4) – 1904–05, 1906–07, 1908–09, 1926–27

Football League Championship:

Winners (3) – 1964–65, 1992–93, 2009–10

Northern League:

Winners (3) – 1902–03, 1903–04, 1904–05

Cups

FA Cup:

Winners (6) – 1910, 1924, 1932, 1951, 1952, 1955

FA Community Shield 1:

FA Youth Cup 2:

Winners (2) – 1962, 1985

Honours

[Guess who] have won European and domestic league honours. The club's last major honour was in 1969 when they won the Inter-Cities Fairs Cup.

Massive, massive club

#definitelybiggerthansunderlandbasedonnothinginparticular

My dad's first football memory was the 1974 FA Cup final, so had Newcastle won, I would probably be a Newcastle fan right now. That is a terrifying thought.

ShogunX

Brighton did really well last season in the FA Cup as well. When they want to they can really bring it. I am not surprised to see Newcastle falter having not sent out a full strength squad.

I remember them doing quite well and then we hit them for six at Anfield.

Just watching Fergie say that Zola is his favourite player to ever play in the premiership.

ShogunX

Sinclair can't even get a start today.

:lol

Scott? Strange that every football fan in the country knew he was going to be on the bench at City yet he still harmed his career by going there.

Harsh - Some Newcastle fans set off at 1am to watch them against Brighton and now have to travel 350 miles home...

What a cunt Pardew is.

Kyoufu

Newcastle fans are the best in the world. 2000 fans traveling to see the worst team in the world.

6000 Watford fans due at The Etihad today. #biggerthanNewcastle

So more Watford fans than City fans today?

Harsh - Some Newcastle fans set off at 1am to watch them against Brighton and now have to travel 350 miles home...

What a cunt Pardew is.

What? How is this Pardew's fault?

Top Bottom