• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT10| A Street Ass Named Premier

Garjon

I hope Man United fucking muller Liverpool next week like. And I can't stand Man United either but Liverpool are on a level with Dirty Leeds, Millwall and Boro... all trying to fight their way to the pile of shite that Newcastle currently stand on top of.

BeachBall-1-.jpg

Fry

I hope Man United fucking muller Liverpool next week like. And I can't stand Man United either but Liverpool are on a level with Dirty Leeds, Millwall and Boro... all trying to fight their way to the pile of shite that Newcastle currently stand on top of.

the fuck?
:lol

elseanio

Technically, yes. But it's not the same really.

It is odd how it's only the Liverpool fans defending it. Remember when Arnie said we'd all be proved wrong on the Evans/Cisse incident because of unanimous opinion :lol

I wasn't defending it, it's fucking hilarious all the righteous shit getting spouted though. As if anyone would give a shit if their own player did the same in any game.

GorillaJu

It is odd how it's only the Liverpool fans defending it. Remember when Arnie said we'd all be proved wrong on the Evans/Cisse incident because of unanimous opinion :lol

Big surprise there that I'm defending my team.

Holy christ your bitterness is redlining.

Are you seriously comparing an offside to a deliberate handball.

Fuck me.

Come on bro.

Deliberate? Lol

You'd never know what he's thinking though.

But the handball is definitely deliberate, right? We all know that much.

sohois

I daresay there is way too much confirmation bias in this case for any kind of rational analysis from anyone.

Wilbur

Banned
I wasn't defending it, it's fucking hilarious all the righteous shit getting spouted though. As if anyone would give a shit if their own player did the same in any game.

Yeah you were the exception :lol

I don't really care at all to be honest. It's an instinctive touch, but I just don't care enough to get up in arms about it. If Rooney had done the same we'd probably never hear the end of it from you lot.

Morsel's gone though.

Arnie

Yea, I don't like Suarez any more for doing it, if anything it annoys me. But I take some enjoyment from the commentators moral judgements and Hixx slamming his head against a keyboard.

Think footballs long needed some form of help for officials, and still do. Clearly shouldn't have counted, but it's shit refereeing. Think Suarez touches it instinctively. Doesn't make him evil.

Oh look. A goal for Mansfield.

Yeah you were the exception :lol

I don't really care at all to be honest. It's an instinctive touch, but I just don't care enough to get up in arms about it. If Rooney had done the same we'd probably never hear the end of it from you lot.

Morsel's gone though.
This is what I mean, it's just tedious...cos you can bet if we get a dodgy pen next week at OT, outrage, cheats!

Nature of football fans though, just very fickle and emotional even though we try our best and claim not to be.

Real question though is how the ref and his mates missed it...I mean, come on lol.

Wilbur

Banned
Big surprise there that I'm defending my team. .

But you shouldn't have to defend them in every situation. If RVP had just done that, I wouldn't automatically defend him because he plays for United.

Looks deliberate to me, having watched it a few times. Ehh.

flyover

I won't defend the goal. It shouldn't count. Refs messed up. Still don't think it was cheating, though. At full speed, it's clear the ball hit Suarez, not vice versa. (It then looked like he tried to put his arm to his side to hide it. If there's any cheating, it was in the cover-up. )

The only thing I can compare a delibrate handball with is... when you're doing kick-ups and someones watching but they turn away when the ball hits the floor and then you kick it back into the air and pretend it never happened and you're friends think you're so cool for being the best in the school year and everyone wants you on their team for the big match but then they realise you're shit when you miss an open goal cause your still reminiscing of the warm feeling of being the most wanted man in the world.

3Sixty

Suarez is Liverpoop's Fergie.

Distracting from an overall shite performance by playing the part of pantomime villain.

Genius really.

Edit:

Also, Suarez would have saved that.

GorillaJu

But you shouldn't have to defend them in every situation. If RVP had just done that, I wouldn't automatically defend him because he plays for United.

Looks deliberate to me, having watched it a few times. Ehh.

Easy to never be bothered when you're top of the league. Not even close to the same stick Suarez gets for every tiny movement.

Easy to never be bothered when you're top of the league. Not even close to the same stick Suarez gets for every tiny movement.

Must be hard always being the victim.

I know, right, Brendan took Suarez out of the bench because he knew he'd cheat their way to increasing the lead.

Well if he was looking for a player that could cheat for him... It wasn't a bad choice. :p

That's one fat striker Mansfield just subbed on!

Morten Dunken finally went away from FCM?

Top Bottom