• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT10| A Street Ass Named Premier

€55m? I suppose if you can only buy white players this is what happens.

dat Terre'Blanche tax

55 million euros for Cavani isn´t that bad if you compare it to Moura, Carrol, Torres and other crazy transfers int he latest years. Cavani is talent in the highest class.

kharma45

In the library and there's some psychopath student sat opposite and he keeps staring at me whenever I eat a piece of popcorn, or sniff up due to a cold. He's crazy. Looks on the verge of a breakdown whenever I make the slightest noise. There's people undoing velcro satchels to my left and he's staring them down.

Think he's highlighting equations.

tldr: all maths students be cray

Hence why I stay at home to work and don't go to the library unless I really need to.

Arnie

I was at the library last month finishing an assignment and some guy had a total mental breakdown, started screaming and throwing chairs and the computer screen at the wall. Security had to come and drag him out :lol
That's brilliant. If this guy was sat a little further away I'd be praying for the same here, but as it is if he had a breakdown I wouldn't make it out alive.
Hence why I stay at home to work and don't go to the library unless I really need to.
I can't work at home. I end up masturbating, eating pot noodles, and watching Lucas videos on Youtube.
Nick Coppack ‏@nickcoppack
Additional Premier League squad number registered: 40. Ben Amos.

Viva_ITK
Spell it out for me, Viv my love.

De Gea gone?
Why do people do this; wearing a jersey with the lettering of another club's player.
Numpty probably thought we were buying Mario after his latest altercation with Mancini.

Didn't twig that Mancini's a loved up dope.

Watch how quickly Balotelli's given the boot once Pep arrives in the summer.

Linius

Watch how quickly Balotelli's given the boot once Pep arrives in the summer.

xsVp4.png

Feorax

According to Tony Barret, ESPN have spoken to Jon Champion about his commentary of the Suarez incident yesterday.

EDIT

“We take our responsibility to deliver the highest standards of coverage to our viewers. ESPN’s editorial policy is for commentators to be unbiased and honest, to call things as they see them. Inevitably this can involve treading a fine line on occasion, especially in the heat of the moment. Comments during the Mansfield v Liverpool match caused offence where none was intended and we have spoken to our commentator about this incident.”

Wilbur

Banned
I'd like him to stay, but he's nothing more than a solid keeper. Glad that for now all this rotation bollocks with De Gea has been stopped.

Salazar

Anders u numpty.

I see we have given a pro contract to some 17 year old CM called Pereira.

God the PSG owners are obnoxious cunts.

Arnie

Posted about Lindegaard on a saints forum. Lets get this story moving.

Think he'd be a surer option than Butland, for sure, and wouldn't cost an arm and a leg considering his favour within United, and his age. Given a run of games I could see him being a really solid keeper, I've often thought that he's outshone De Gea when he's been given a chance.

What did Jon Champion say?
During the replay of the Suarez's goal he said 'that's the work of a cheat'.

Was like he'd forgotten to logout of GAF.

Lindegaard is not better than De Gea.

When you factor in De Gea's potential it isn't even a contest who should be our #1.

Linegaard is a solid keeper but isn't a particularly great shot stopper and has awful distribution. He doesn't make many clangers but he is very much middle of the road.

And De Gea has been brilliant this season. He's had 2 bad games and I doubt he's made more clear errors than say Joe Hart or Pepe Reina.

3Sixty

Think he'd be a surer option than Butland, for sure, and wouldn't cost an arm and a leg considering his favour within United, and his age. Given a run of games I could see him being a really solid keeper, I've often thought that he's outshone De Gea when he's been given a chance.

Butland is going to be someones very expensive mistake.

I hope its not us. Would have Lindegaard though. Then next season dump Boruc in the nearest McDonalds in Poland, put Davis on the staff and have Gazzniga learn from Lindegaard.

Arnie

But...Suarez is a cheat...
Won't argue that he's cheated in the past. Genuinely don't think he intended to yesterday, ball hit his hand, he pulled it back as soon as there was contact, and the kick into the net looked in frustration. He seemed as convinced of the handball as everyone else but the officials just didn't call it.
DeGod is fine.

Needs to eat more steak, fewer donuts.
I agree, decent keeper, especially for his age.

When United are scoring as many goals as they are, Ferguson's got time to feed him some protein.

Lindegaard is not better than De Gea.

When you factor in De Gea's potential it isn't even a contest who should be our #1.

Linegaard is a solid keeper but isn't a particularly great shot stopper and has awful distribution. He doesn't make many clangers but he is very much middle of the road.

And De Gea has been brilliant this season. He's had 2 bad games and I doubt he's made more clear errors than say Joe Hart or Pepe Reina.
All things considered, yes, he's a better keeper. But I don't look at a United side with Lindegaard in net as a significantly weaker side to one which harbours De Gea. It's not like Pantilimon at City, or Turnbull at Chelsea. He's a very able number two, when compared with the number one, and for a lesser club he'd make a great acquisition.

Won't argue that he's cheated in the past. Genuinely don't think he intended to yesterday, ball hit his hand, he pulled it back as soon as there was contact, and the kick into the net looked in frustration. He seemed as convinced of the handball as everyone else but the officials just didn't call it.

You're probably right, and it was bad form to brand him a cheat there and then. I can totally see why it happened though.

Facism

disgusting how they want to protect cheats from criticism. OH NO you're going to hurt the cheating babby millionaire's feelings.

Kyoufu

If it was genuinely ball to hand then I don't see the problem.

If it was intentional hand to ball then he should be castrated on every media outlet in the country.

ESPN:"Editorial policy is for commentators to be unbiased & honest, to call things as they see them..this can involve treading a fine line"

So Jon Champion was biased and/or dishonest? He was brash and jumped the gun. Not his finest moment necessarily but it's sad to see media outlets do this to their commentators. Last thing we need in punditry/commentating is more anodyne fence-sitting. Liverpool fans will be pleased to know that MotD caters to their needs quite well in this department.

PowderedToast

If it was genuinely ball to hand then I don't see the problem.

If it was intentional hand to ball then he should be castrated on every media outlet in the country.

it's not that black and white. it looked part instinctual, but he pulled away immediately after

anyway everyone will forget about this after next week. refs always buckle under the pressure in liverpool/man u games, soon there'll be a new controversy to get up in arms about

Top Bottom