• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT10| A Street Ass Named Premier

Arnie

how did you find out he touched me inappropriately?
That's a given, he loves to make a pass.
So Jon Champion was biased and/or dishonest? He was brash and jumped the gun. Not his finest moment necessarily but it's sad to see media outlets do this to their commentators. Last thing we need in punditry/commentating is more anodyne fence-sitting. Liverpool fans will be pleased to know that MotD caters to their needs quite well in this department.
Don't be ridiculous.

Of course it's biased to declare 'that's the work of a cheat', because it's making accusations about his character that can't be ascertained from the footage he's just witnessed. When people call him a perpetual cheat in here I couldn't care less, everyone's emotional, and everyone's drawn an opinion on him.

Telling the nation that he's a cheat in that instance is utterly wrong.

That's a given, he loves to make a pass.

Don't be ridiculous.

All I will ask is do you think they published the apology because they thought Champion was out of order or because a bunch of RAWK-types screamed blue murder at the sheer injustice of describing Suarez a 'cheat' after a handball that may or may not have been an intentional handball?

At the very least it sets a poor precedent for media outlets who'll give in to the loud-mouthed easily-offended masses. I don't condone his comments but that's surely all that needs to be said about it, not a public condemnation of him by his employers.

I suppose it doesn't matter too much though as ESPN is losing most of their football broadcasting rights soon.

GorillaJu

"The work of a cheat?" Are you fucking serious? I didn't watch it on ESPN, but the Suarez hate bandwagon on FootyGaf was enough to make me hurl.

Linius

Suarez should be the next Bond villain.

aVmY4.jpg

New Wolves manager Dean Saunders tells a press conference: "It is a massive club with passionate supporters. I remember playing here and not being able to hear my team-mates speak with the noise."

Wolves bigger than Newcastle confirmed

Arnie

All I will ask is do you think they published the apology because they thought Champion was out of order or because a bunch of RAWK-types screamed blue murder at the sheer injustice of describing Suarez a 'cheat' after a handball that may or may not have been an intentional handball?
Of course a media organisation aren't going to publicly condemn one of their own without any external pressure, that's life, that's protecting your image, that's saving face.

Does that mean people's complaints are unjustified? That they can be discredited as 'RAWK-types screaming blue murder at injustice'? Does it fuck, and that's an argument lacking refinement or intelligence. Also an ironic one when it's Jon Champion who threw out the term 'injustice', not those filling out ESPN's online complaints form en masse.
At the very least it sets a poor precedent for media outlets who'll give in to the loud-mouthed easily-offended masses. I don't condone his comments but that's surely all that needs to be said about it, not a public condemnation of him by his employers.

I suppose it doesn't matter too much though as ESPN is losing most of their football broadcasting rights soon.
It's not important to you, nor are you offended, because you don't take exception to the message he's sending. That doesn't mean he should be sending that message. You'd be taking a much different stance if he'd called RVP a cheat in the very same instance.
"The work of a cheat?" Are you fucking serious? I didn't watch it on ESPN, but the Suarez hate bandwagon on FootyGaf was enough to make me hurl.
That's what he said immediately, on his very first viewing of the slow-motion replay.

Couldn't care less what's said on here, for various, blatant reasons, but that one got me agitated.

Nyx

Former club hero Stijn Vreven : ‘’My ultimate dream is to be manager of FC Utrecht someday’’

thumb500_Stijn%20Vreven%20011.jpg

Oh the memories….

Carbonox

Got it for christmas but I haven't seen it yet. Hope the rewatch on blu is just as good as it was in at the cinema.

It's not. At least from my experience. Far easier to hear/understand what was being said in IMAX. This applies to most characters.

Kyoufu

In other news, RVP is receiving physio therapy for spinal problems after carrying yet another club on his back.

It's not. At least from my experience. Far easier to hear/understand what was being said in IMAX. This applies to most characters.

Something wrong with your speakers bro. I can hear everything just fine.

Wes

venison crêpe
Slizz I assume by that avatar you've been watching Nashville? I watched the first 4 episodes I think, did it get better/worse beyond that?

Slizz

Slizz I assume by that avatar you've been watching Nashville? I watched the first 4 episodes I think, did it get better/worse beyond that?

I actually have not been watching Nashville, I find it easier to watch most TV shows season by season once they are completed. All I know about Nashville is Hay P is in her bra for a little bit in one ep and has a yoga scene in another lol.

Kyoufu

Shelvey however is awesome in that gif. Is he trying to dance or is he auditioning as a zombie for The Walking Dead? :lol

Tc91

Shelvey however is awesome in that gif. Is he trying to dance or is he auditioning as a zombie for The Walking Dead? :lol

Not shitting you I was about to type Shelvey should audition for a role in The Walking Dead, clicked post reply and saw yours lol.

Meier

My fiancee and I are up to date with it and have enjoyed it quite a bit. Might be the best new show this season.

Sturridge reminds me of Don Glover. I could see Troy dancing like that.

Meier

Huh, Yaya has been admitted to a hospital while the Ivory Coast prepares for the ACON in Abu Dhabi. It'd be a real shame if he was ruled out for the tournament and had to return to England sooner than planned.

Arnie

That should warm Chelsea fans' cockles. I actually don't know what a cockle is.

Fake edit: Now I do.

I think it'll be either PSG or City.

I'm not convinced Abramovich's deranged advances have actually done much to persuade him of the opportunity, in fact I believe the opposite. Similarly they don't represent as clear a challenge as other opportunities available to him; City need to establish themselves in Europe, that much is imperative, with Mancini failing on two occasions now, and PSG have the money and the squad to do similar, and are a club lacking a clear personality in the game, something Pep would bring.

Kyoufu

Pep and PSG don't go together at all.

Why would they get Pep to manage Ibra? He sold him once before, he'll want him sold again.

Arnie

Just further consolidates the Moyes to United theory IMO.

I don't think Fergie will retire at the end of the season.

I don't, either.

I don't think Ferguson will retire until he wins another European Cup, and I don't think United are a good enough team to do that this season.

GQman2121

Banned
Sadly, I think our recent track record with managers--IE. lack of patience--will keep us out of the running for Pep. Who needs that type of pressure in their life?

Also, someone mentioned Alex Morgan, so I just leave this recent pic here. I would bump, set, spike.....
alex-morgan-beach-volleyball-bikini-hawaii-12212012-7-435x580.jpg

Top Bottom