• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT10| A Street Ass Named Premier

GQman2121

Banned
Wasn't the latest rumour that he'd be allowed to leave this window if he went abroad and more specifically to the MLS?

I think if someone comes in for him--and we set up a replacement in time--that they'll allow him to go before his contract is up. It will really be whatever he and his camp want to do. The board seem set though to allow him to leave on his terms. Now whether that's this month, or in May, he's done at the club.

Salazar

I have never felt this much anger towards Abramovich before. 

I can't stand the man for what he did before he ever knew Chelsea existed.

I mean, everybody laughs at the Venkys and everybody knows the Glazers are greedy scum, but Abramovich really is criminal filth.

Be a shame if Frank's exit is a messy one.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
attachment.php

dat wingers

Lennon is having an amazing season, him and Defoe have come on leaps and bounds under AVB. Harry really didn't get the best out of the squad he had last season.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Happy with AVB so far?

Yes. We are 3rd in the league behind only the two Manchester clubs, I can't ask for any more than that. There were teething problems early in the season but that was due to injuries/poor squad.

He's getting more out of our players than Harry did and I think that since we stopped playing Vertonghen at LB and brought Dawson and Lloris into the team, we have pretty much stopped conceding goals. The only exception was the game at Everton which we were 3 minutes away from winning before one of our young defenders shat himself and cost us the game.

Lightning

Banned
I can't stand the man for what he did before he ever knew Chelsea existed.

I mean, everybody laughs at the Venkys and everybody knows the Glazers are greedy scum, but Abramovich really is criminal filth.

Be a shame if Frank's exit is a messy one.
It won't be as messy as the Roy Keane Man U exit but it will be a shame if Lampard was forced out when he still has something to offer. Players who give as much to their clubs as Lampard deserve the club to throw them a bone imo.

bjaelke

It won't be as messy as the Roy Keane Man U exit but it will be a shame if Lampard was forced out when he still has something to offer. Players who give as much to their clubs as Lampard deserve the club to throw them a bone imo.
But on the other hand you don't want to end up with a Carragher-esque situation.

elseanio

Well at least all today's headlines are about the Suarez handball, and not how we were dominated by a non-league side for 45 minutes.

dc89

Yaya Toure has been hospitalised in Abu Dhabi due to a cough and fever. Ivory Coast are there in prep for ACoN.
I hope he's ok!

Lightning

Banned
ACoN is a real pain in the ass. We should really skip players from those countries as losing them for this period every season is frustrating.

Except for Gervinho. Take him permanently.

But on the other hand you don't want to end up with a Carragher-esque situation.
I'm not really sure of the Carrager situation. I feel the players who served the club for an extended period should be given the option of staying even in a lesser role. If the player chooses to leave for more football then their choice but they deserve the option IMO.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
^We lost Asamoah :(
“Juventus have to get over it,” smiled general manager Sandro Mencucci on Sky Sport Italia.

“Jovetic is staying next season even if Giuseppe Rossi has arrived.”

Ooooh we WILL take him, and you're going to hate it.

Juvetic 2012-2013 | ♥ Welcome to Juventus ♥ Future star ★★★ | Watch in HQ & Subscribe |

Yen

ACoN is a real pain in the ass. We should really skip players from those countries as losing them for this period every season is frustrating.

Except for Gervinho. Take him permanently.

I'm not really sure of the Carrager situation. I feel the players who served the club for an extended period should be given the option of staying even in a lesser role. If the player chooses to leave for more football then their choice but they deserve the option IMO.
Carra's legs went 3/4 years ago. And he was rewarded with a new contract in that period.

Anzhi want Lombaerts off us. Not only would this break up the Lombaerts-Bruno Alves defensive partnership that I have so desperately longer for, but Anzhi have also been known to pay handsomely. Get it done, Gazprom!

Not sure how I feel with Lampard, great dude and a club legend, so wouldn't mind seeing him stay in the club forever, but on the other hand it really is time to stop relying on him and Terry.

Nyx

Central midfielder Anouar Kali, a product of the youth-system, decided not to sign a new contract at FC Utrecht and will be a free agent after the current season.

Kali%20Utrecht1.jpg

I say : bench him for the rest of the season and start using a tactic without him.
Or sell him this transfer-period ofc.

confuziz

Banned
Central midfielder Anouar Kali, a product of the youth-system, decided not to sign a new contract at FC Utrecht and will be a free agent after the current season.

Kali%20Utrecht1.jpg

I say : bench him for the rest of the season and start using a tactic without him.
Or sell him this transfer-period ofc.

Will probably go to FC Twente in the summer then.

Nyx

Will probably go to FC Twente in the summer then.

Rumours say he already signed at AZ, but frankly I don't give a damn.

He played like 10 good games in his entire career, then already wants to go elsewhere?
We have better talents than him waiting to take his place anyway.

dc89

I think that was the best £42.00 I have ever spent at Blockbuster and CEX.

Max Payne 3 - xbox 360
ICO & SoTC HD
Dark Knight Rises
Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy
The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo

The movies are all BR too.

Arnie

Max Payne 3 - xbox 360
ICO & SoTC HD
Dark Knight Rises

Thumbs up for all that, brilliant haul.

dc89

Thumbs up for all that, brilliant haul.

Blockbuster and CEX in P-Town Arnie!

Some scrote dropped one in CEX, it fucking stank. It cleared the area where they have the glass windows and put hard drives in and pre-owned consoles etc.

Arnie

Blockbuster and CEX in P-Town Arnie!
Moved back to Sheffield yesterday, fuck. Will buy ICO/SoTC HD at some point.

A final note on the Suarez incident, nearly a day later, and I agree fully with Phil McNulty from the BBC:

Suarez clearly handled before scoring the crucial second goal - but the notion expressed by some that he should have owned up to the offence as some sort of attempt to apply PR gloss to his somewhat villainous image was not plucked from the real world

It was the job of Andre Marriner and the officials to adjudicate, not Suarez, and they decided the goal should stand. Cruel on Mansfield but subsequent criticism of Suarez was surely misplaced. Would other strikers do the same? Would defenders own up to fouling strikers in the area?

It was also suggested Suarez had revelled in his escape by kissing his hand in celebration. A point spectacularly missed here as this is his traditional response to scoring.

My main cause for concern yesterday wasn't people calling him what they did on here, we're football fans, and rightfully emotional, but Jon Champion calling him a cheat just sent me over the edge.

dc89

The moment a referee alters a decision because a footballer has told him too, whether it's the moral thing, or the correct thing to do is the moment the officials lose all respect.

Suarez didn't cheat yesterday, yes the ball hit his hand and it played a part in the goal but I don't think he did it on purpose. IIRC his body language suggested he thought it had been spotted. The goal shouldn't have stood though, it was ball to hand but it gave him such an advantage the officials should have gave a free kick. But it was the officials at fault, not Suarez. The only reason Suarez is getting the flak is because of his name.

The Suarez haters haven't had much to go on the past few months, they've had to admit he's a genius footballer but now they have some ammo to get back to their old ways.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Moved back to Sheffield yesterday, fuck. Will buy ICO/SoTC HD at some point.

A final note on the Suarez incident, nearly a day later, and I agree fully with Phil McNulty from the BBC:

My main cause for concern yesterday wasn't people calling him what they did on here, we're football fans, and rightfully emotional, but Jon Champion calling him a cheat just sent me over the edge.

This reminds me of Muntari's ghost goal.

Buffon “I have to be honest, it was all moving so quickly that I didn’t realise the ball had crossed the line. Mind you, even if I had realised, I certainly wouldn’t have told the referee!"

Max Payne 3 - xbox 360
ICO & SoTC HD
Dark Knight Rises

Nice. Will have a look in CEX later for any cheap stuff.

Arnie

This reminds me of Muntari's ghost goal.

Buffon “I have to be honest, it was all moving so quickly that I didn’t realise the ball had crossed the line. Mind you, even if I had realised, I certainly wouldn’t have told the referee!"

There's a Juventus joke in here, Yurt.

I'm too nice to make it.

Top Bottom