• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT10| A Street Ass Named Premier

Clegg

I don't, either.

I don't think Ferguson will retire until he wins another European Cup, and I don't think United are a good enough team to do that this season.
United have the forwards to win the CL IMO. Our midfield has even been semi decent this season. But we'll win nowt in Europe with our struggling central defence.

We can get away with it in the league as most teams crumble under the pressure that we put them under. But we haven't a hope in Europe.

Arnie

United have the forwards to win the CL IMO. Our midfield has even been semi decent this season. But we'll win nowt in Europe with our struggling central defence.

We can get away with it in the league as most teams crumble under the pressure that we put them under. But we haven't a hope in Europe.

I'd agree. Teams like Bayern, Dortmund, Juventus, and Barca would walk through this United side at the moment, because they're not balanced in any way.

Fady K

I know it appears now like a bad move, and I do think Chelsea should offer him a new, much revised contract, but if you sign the likes of Isco, or hell, a cut price Modric to replace him then I don't think the disappointment will rear its head next season.

It's romantic to want your most loyal servants to stay on, but there comes a point when clubs and players have to move on. Lampard definitely still offers something to the team, but we don't know if he wants to play more than he does now, and if the management team want him to play less.

Like I say, I think as it stands it looks like a bad move because of your clear lack of creativity in the centre. Bring in a top talent in that department, and the allure of Frank Lampard as a playing figure might recede.

It's nice to want him around as an experienced head, but perhaps he wants to be seen as more than that. We saw his frustration during AVB's tenure, perhaps he wants to still play every game.

My disappointment has less to do with what he offers (even though he offers a lot till this day) and more to do with him being a Chelsea legend. I like how Liverpool treats Gerrard till this day and I wish CFC did the same with Lampard.

I can imagine he wants to play every game, but he seemed much more understanding about being benched under Rafa and Roberto. He has the hunger though and that really counts for something.

If you see much of our performances without lampard on the pitch, we tend to look clueless. He is inspirational much of the time and it can show. I wish Abramovich showed a little more compassion.

I'll come over to Abu Dhabi to celebrate.

Please do! It would be a pleasure to invite you and your partner for dinner or something :D

Fady ruined her for me. She IS Chicharito.

I swear bro, every time she smiles I see that based pea as they like to call him around here. Very similar eyes too :p

Even more attractive now...

Haha why am I not surprised ;D

Wes

venison crêpe
Here's what Villa's best lineup would be at the end of January if we took the best of the transfer rumours were true:

-------------------- Guzan --------------------

Lowton ----- Vlaar -------- Ba ------- Bennett

--------- Westwood ------ Sissoko ----------

Weimann -------- Coutinho ------ Agbonlahor

------------------ Benteke --------------------

Reality:

-------------------- Guzan --------------------

Lowton ----- Vlaar -------- Clark ------- Bennett

--------- Westwood ------ Stephens ----------

Weimann --------- Ireland ------ Agbonlahor

------------------ Benteke --------------------

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Suarez should be the next Bond villain.

I don't know why I can't link anything with my phone.

2nd try:

jaws.jpg

PJX

Sadly, I think our recent track record with managers--IE. lack of patience--will keep us out of the running for Pep. Who needs that type of pressure in their life?

Also, someone mentioned Alex Morgan, so I just leave this recent pic here. I would bump, set, spike.....
alex-morgan-beach-volleyball-bikini-hawaii-12212012-7-435x580.jpg

No boobs = unsexy imo.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Looks like Ade is off to the ACON. It's best that he goes, the whole thing has been hanging over him and is obviously distracting him. He's under massive pressure not only at Spurs, but to play for his country at a tournament where he witnessed friends dying in front of him when his team bus was attacked in 2010, it's not easy for him. He was getting dog's abuse in the North Stand at WHL on Saturday, but those morons don't seem to understand that he's only human. His performances so far have mostly been those of somebody with other things on his mind besides football.

Togo are in a difficult group so I don't think he'll miss too many games, but best of luck to him. I hope he comes back ready to restart his season, he's had a horrendously disrupted first half so far.

"UEFA has opened disciplinary proceedings against S.S. Lazio. Charges relate to the alleged racist behaviour of Lazio supporters during the Italian club's 0-0 UEFA Europa League Group J draw against Tottenham Hotspur FC in Rome on 22 November 2012.

"Proceedings will also be instigated against S.S. Lazio for throwing of missiles and/or fireworks by their supporters, incidents of a non-sporting nature, late team arrival at the stadium, and late handling of the team sheet.

"UEFA will also commence proceedings against Tottenham Hotspur FC, who face charges related to crowd disturbances.

"These cases will be discussed by the UEFA Control and Disciplinary Body on 24 January 2013."

UEFA sure like punishing the teams on the wrong end of racist abuse.

Arnie

My disappointment has less to do with what he offers (even though he offers a lot till this day) and more to do with him being a Chelsea legend. I like how Liverpool treats Gerrard till this day and I wish CFC did the same with Lampard.

I can imagine he wants to play every game, but he seemed much more understanding about being benched under Rafa and Roberto. He has the hunger though and that really counts for something.

If you see much of our performances without lampard on the pitch, we tend to look clueless. He is inspirational much of the time and it can show. I wish Abramovich showed a little more compassion.

I get this, especially the part about your performances with and without him, but I'm trying to see it from a team perspective. Right now he's your best creative midfielder, your best tempo setter, your metronome, but I'd imagine if the club aren't handing him a new contract it's because they're determined to find a new, younger, better one in the summer, and as a result improve the team.

Chelsea can't offer Lampard a pittance when he's going to be highly sought after, and they can't offer him the level of game time he's going to want next season, if they do the sort of business they're likely to do (and should've done last summer) in the coming months.

But then when Liverpool buy Kevin Strootman and extend Gerrard's contract this summer it'll make a mockery of my argument.

Meier

The price one pays for being an athlete.

I do wish she had at least SOME boobs (the body paint image confirms she really doesn't) but she's just so damn beautiful. It's a fair trade off.

DM seem confident that United will be the ones to sign Zaha although Spurs are supposedly interested too?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
What do you think odd?

hat-trick hero Edinson Cavani leaves the match ball next to the ubiquitous Louis Vuitton wash bag

jqjidweFt0vBt.jpg

-

Pavel Nedved has been banned from matches till 31st January for insulting the referees.

LOL

Meier

Rony's goal this weekend made him the youngest in City's history apparently.

At the age of just 17 years and eight days, Lopes is believed to be the youngest City goal scorer in history, beating Ian Thompstone, who also scored on debut for the Blues, in 1988.

Thompstone left City without ever playing for the first team again, and forged a respectable career in the lower divisions, but Lopes appears to have a big future.

A £790,000 purchase from Benfica as a 15-year-old, the youngster is nicknamed Rony, after turning up at training as a kid wearing a shirt bearing the name of Brazilian legend Ronaldo.
http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereve...462_marcos-lopes-enters-the-city-record-books

Apparently Rekik was City's youngest foreigner to ever play when he got a debut appearance at 16 last season.

GQman2121

Banned
I've come to terms with the fact that he's done after this season. He's my favorite player, I have five shirts with his name on the back and will support him wherever he ends up--but this is the right time for him to move on.

Hopefully, we're better prepared for his departure than we were with Drogba. Need to have a replacement lined up immediately.

Having said that, just how bad has it become for Modric at Real? I know he's putting up Downing type numbers right now, but are they seriously willing to sell him after one year?

Arnie

Having said that, just how bad has it become for Modric at Real? I know he's putting up Downing type numbers right now, but are they seriously willing to sell him after one year?

I imagine once Mourinho goes, which let's be honest is looking an inevitability, it'll be part of the house cleaning project. I don't think Real fans look upon him with much favour, and why should they, they spent an awful lot of money on him and he hasn't really produced.

I feel no sympathy either because of the way he pushed himself out of Spurs, screaming like a newborn baby.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Sell Modric for £35m.
Wait for him to flop.
Activate secret first refusal/buyback clause.

All according to Levykaku.

PJX

I do wish she had at least SOME boobs (the body paint image confirms she really doesn't) but she's just so damn beautiful. It's a fair trade off.

DM seem confident that United will be the ones to sign Zaha although Spurs are supposedly interested too?

She's an absolute beauty really gorgeous woman but I just can't look past the no boobs.

dc89

790K for that kid at that age! I hope City's scouts saw something good in him as that's a hell of a lot at that age.

Yup. One expensive young player. Hopefully we turn him into one of the best midfielders in the world! #BasedMarwood is now in charge of youth recruitment, so I wonder what he will pay for kids now!

Arnie

Love how cosy Messi looks.

He's well rocking a pair of Barca joggers under that desk.

Webb refereeing United v Liverpool, surprisingly.

Top Bottom