• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT10| A Street Ass Named Premier

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
They doubled the frame rate from 24 to 48 with The Hobbit to reduce motion blur and flicker found in films, and also to add a heightened sense of reality to films but I found with The Hobbit that it made it feel too lifelike thus breaking the suspension of disbelief that you need in a fantasy film.

Very good point.

Slizz

Anyone seen Wild Bill? I was told it's a movie I should see this year....

Just started it, seems like a decent enough premise.

Why are Americans so obsessed with chicken wings and drumsticks, when breast is clearly best?

Mass Effect is so good. I want to marry Tali, with Garrus as my best man, and spend the rest of my life travelling around on the Normandy visiting all the different planets/galaxies :(

edit: Oh dear, someone in the crowd on Man vs Food starts getting the rest of the crowd to chant 'USA USA USA.' How fitting.

FootballFan

:lol Taraabt. Why would Milan want him if he is just using them.

So I've had Mad Men season 1 on blu-ray for a looong time, finally gave it a go on Sunday, really enjoying it. 4 episodes in atm.

Slizz

Why are Americans so obsessed with chicken wings and drumsticks, when breast is clearly best?

Mass Effect is so good. I want to marry Tali, with Garrus as my best man, and spend the rest of my life travelling around on the Normandy visiting all the different planets/galaxies :(

I like breast over wings, thighs and drumsticks. But shit there are so many places around me to get grade A amazing wings. On top of that they are the perfect bar food for the price. 20 wings for 10 bucks? ok....

Linius

I remember a while back some people said Red Dead would become boring when entering La Mexico, but I still think it's pretty awesome. I love shooting gringo's.

Salvadora

Regarding the suspension of disbelief Karma,
The Hobbit is much more like a fairy tale in comparison to LOTR that in my opinion breaks it far more than doubling the frame-rate. See Radagast's 'chase scene' for example.
I remember a while back some people said Red Dead would become boring when entering La Mexico, but I still think it's pretty awesome. I love shooting gringo's.
Wait until you spend 10 hours there.

bud23

Some people still think that RDR is boring. I wish the best for them, because obviously there is something wrong here. The best game of the current generarion. Pure art.

ibqAyWEPus0lyp.gif

Salvadora

Some people still think that RDR is boring. I wish the best for them, because obviously there is something wrong here. The best game of the current generarion. Pure art.

The first third & last third are fantastic. It's just the never ending middle that brings the game down. Fact.

Linius

I just love the conversations and characters in the game. Rockstar did a great job with that. I just met some crazy Mexican commander, seems like a good fella.

Oh and the soundtrack <3

Yen

I just love the conversations and characters in the game. Rockstar did a great job with that. I just met some crazy Mexican commander, seems like a good fella.

Oh and the soundtrack <3

I'll put my neck on the line and say Deus Ex Human Revolution, RDR, and Portal 2 are the best games of the gen.

I'll put my neck on the line and say Deus Ex Human Revolution, RDR, and Portal 2 are the best games of the gen.

UC2>>>RDR>DE:HR=Batman:AA>UC:DF>Demon's Souls=Infamous=Infamous 2>Heavy Rain

Mass Effects and Dark Souls will probably edge their ways in there when I've finished them

Unfortunately, I don't think GoW3, MGS4 or GTAVI belong with those games

K1LLER7

My top games this gen.

1st. Dark Souls/Demon Souls

2nd. Gears of War

3rd. Street fighter 4

4th. Resi 5 (multiplayer all the way)

5th. Donkey Kong Country Returns.

kharma45

Regarding the suspension of disbelief Karma,
The Hobbit is much more like a fairy tale in comparison to LOTR that in my opinion breaks it far more than doubling the frame-rate. See Radagast's 'chase scene' for example.

Yeah it is a children's book at the end of the day I guess. Another problem with the film is I guess Jackson not being able to tell whether he wants to go epic ala LOTR or children's fantasy like the book ultimately is.

That's because it is, I was so let down :(

Salvadora

Yeah it is a children's book at the end of the day I guess. Another problem with the film is I guess Jackson not being able to tell whether he wants to go epic ala LOTR or children's fantasy like the book ultimately is.

This we can both agree on. Why Jackson feels the need to include every piece of writing Tolkien did that could be in any way put in The Hobbit is beyond me.

Linius

I'm so angry with RDR now. I fucked something up because I didn't know how to jump on a train and now I have to do fifteen minutes gameplay all over. What's up with fucking checkpoints? I was halfway on this mission.

FootballFan

Cuenca looks to be loaned out to Valencia as they will be missing Feghouli due to the African Cup of Nations.

Good move if it goes through, he has been injured and with Villa back probably wouldn't get much playing time.

FootballFan

Best games this gen?

Uncharted 2 was the best easily for me.

Bioshock, Flower, MGS4, Fallout 3, Just Cause 2, and a few others up there too.

Do DS games count as this gen? If so, the Phoenix Wright series and Professor Layton games are up there as well.

Wilbur

Banned
The first third & last third are fantastic. It's just the never ending middle that brings the game down. Fact.

Yeah, I agree with that. Everything up to and including your arrival in Mexico is GOTG-standard. Everything after you return from Mexico is GOTG-standard. Mexico is boring as fuck with a plot and characters I didn't like or care about.

My GOTG is either Skyrim, Uncharted 2, Pokemon Heart Gold, Super Mario Galaxy 2 or Portal 2.

Jensen

I feel like I shouldn't like ME2 as much as I do, but it's fantastic. Have you played Lair of the Shadow Broker? Best mission of them all, imo.
The only time I felt the price of DLC was worth it, it was a fantastic mission. ME 1 just feels dated after playing ME 2, so much of the pointless filler in the first game is taken out in ME 2.

Wilbur

Banned
In order actually:

1. Skyrim
2. Uncharted 2
3. Super Mario Galaxy 2
4. Pokemon Heart Gold
5. Portal 2
6. Mass Effect 2 (haven't played 1 or 3 though)
7. Batman: AA & AC
8. Red Dead Redemption
9. Assassin's Creed II
10. Bioshock

bud23

Best games this gen?

Uncharted 2 was the best easily for me.

Bioshock, Flower, MGS4, Fallout 3, Just Cause 2, and a few others up there too.

Do DS games count as this gen? If so, the Phoenix Wright series and Professor Layton games are up there as well.

GTA V is going to beat all the preconceived standards of this gen, this game is gonna be amazing.

I know a couple of guys who is working in the game, and if what they tell me is true, this game is gonna be the game of the forever.

kharma45

Best games of this gen (2006 onwards) for me (in no order) are

• Uncharted
  • BioShock
  • The Walking Dead
  • Assassin's Creed II
  • TES IV: Oblivion
  • GTA IV: The Ballad of Gay Tony
  • Super Mario Galaxy (and Galaxy 2)
  • Batman: Arkham Asylum
  • Mass Effect 2
  • Call of Duty 4: Modern Warefare
  • Flower

To name but a few. The Walking Dead was probably my favourite out of everything.

Salvadora

In order actually:

1. Skyrim
2. Uncharted 2
3. Super Mario Galaxy 2
4. Pokemon Heart Gold
5. Portal 2
6. Mass Effect 2 (haven't played 1 or 3 though)
7. Batman: AA & AC
8. Red Dead Redemption
9. Assassin's Creed II
10. Bioshock

Pokemon HG/SS would probably be on my list, but after playing Black/White I just can't go back. It feels like everything takes an age. Silver/Gold are easily some of my favourite games of all time though.

fuenf

1. Mass Effect 3
  2. Uncharted 2
  3. Crysis 2
  4. MGS 4
  5. Killzone 2
  6. Red Dead Remption
  7. GT 5
  8. Call of Duty Franchise
  9. Castlevania Lors of Shadows

my best of list.. yeah I know worst list ever. But I like linear story driven games that are fun!

kharma45

Pokemon HG/SS would probably be on my list, but after playing Black/White I just can't go back. It feels like everything takes an age. Silver/Gold are easily some of my favourite games of all time though.

Yeah they were my highlight of the Pokemon series (I had Gold) but I also have a soft spot for this one...

250px-Pokemon_Yellow.png

Wilbur

Banned
  • The Walking Dead
  • TES IV: Oblivion

Forgot about these two! Oblivion because its unplayable now, I literally can't go back to it, but I still got 150 hours out of it at the time and absolutely loved it. TWD I've only finished episode 3 and just haven't got round to the other two yet, but it really is fantastic.

Yeah Black/White is also brilliant, but I love the older Pokemon and Johto/Kanto far more than I did Unova

Top Bottom