• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT10| A Street Ass Named Premier

FootballFan

Pokemon HG/SS would probably be on my list, but after playing Black/White I just can't go back. It feels like everything takes an age. Silver/Gold are easily some of my favourite games of all time though.

Man..Silver/Gold.. so good. I seriously want to start playing now lol.

kharma45

Forgot about these two! Oblivion because its unplayable now, I literally can't go back to it, but I still got 150 hours out of it at the time and absolutely loved it. TWD I've only finished episode 3 and just haven't got round to the other two yet, but it really is fantastic.

Ep 4 is probably the worst of the series, but it's relative to the series.

Also, about ep 3
FUCK THOSE CUNTS FOR KILLING CARLY ;_;

Ctrl+f "The Witcher 2"

:O

After trying the first one I couldn't bring myself to buy the second.

fuenf

Let me add the most underrated game of this generation: Prince of Persia (2008).

Shit was great, all the complaining about the "not dying" part seems laughable now that you cant die in most of the games anymore (or have checkpoints every 5m).

Let me add the most underrated game of this generation: Prince of Persia (2008).

Shit was great, all the complaining about the "not dying" part seems laughable now that you cant die in most of the games anymore (or have checkpoints every 5m).
Loooool NOPE.jpg

Pathetically easy game, looked gorgeous though, I'll give it that.

FootballFan

Probably my most disliked game this gen lol. :(

After trying the first one I couldn't bring myself to buy the second.

2488460_o.gif

honestly I didn't like the first one much either

bud23

You serious on that? It's a disappointing game imo, I really expected more.

fuenf

Loooool NOPE.jpg

Pathetically easy game, looked gorgeous though, I'll give it that.

Probably my most disliked game this gen lol. :(

:( I dont know i really liked it, sure it was easy but it still offered enough content. But I'll admit that the perception of the game might vary depending, on which paths / temples (?) you visit first.

I dont know why I like it, normally I prefer hard games to.. (FUCK YOU GT5, doing the Vettel challenge with an controller was the hardest thing I ever did (and then it was nerfed)).

Wilbur

Banned
Come join the master race ;)

BAN

I'd love to have a PC capable of playing Skyrim with a fuckton of mods and sexy graphics, or things like The Witcher which I can't play, but I don't have the money :/

I like sitting on my sofa with a fucking 40 inch TV and controller as well though, and unless I'm naive I guess I couldn't do that on PC? Or do a lot of you hook it up to televisions/use controllers?

If hi res screenshots thread has taught me anything, it's that not any amount of modding can polish the turd that is skyrim. But at least you can make it look passable.

Salvadora

BAN

I'd love to have a PC capable of playing Skyrim with a fuckton of mods and sexy graphics, or things like The Witcher which I can't play, but I don't have the money :/

I like sitting on my sofa with a fucking 40 inch TV and controller as well though, and unless I'm naive I guess I couldn't do that on PC? Or do a lot of you hook it up to televisions/use controllers?
My brother bought a gaming PC to play World of Warcraft & DayZ. I was Livid.

Wilbur

Banned
Does anyone here agree that Uncharted 2 is very overrated? It just isn't fun to play. I wished for the next cutscene.

Nope. I really didn't like UC1, and UC3 is very good but not great... but UC2 is fucking sublime. Blew me away, I've finished it like 10 times.

kharma45

Does anyone here agree that Uncharted 2 is very overrated? It just isn't fun to play. I wished for the next cutscene.

I liked it a lot but preferred the first one.

Never played more than a few hours of the first either, second is way different.

Sweet, must get it on Steam then or GOG, whatever is cheapest during these sales.

BAN

You know I is just sayin' it in jest bbz.

Yeah with a PC you can just hook it up to your TV and use the 360 controller with it. Plenty of PC's now designed to do just that

7282.X51-vert-and-horiz.jpg

or build your own with a case like this

I prefer sitting in front of a monitor though with KB+M.

PC gaming isn't as expensive as it used to be either, for less than £400 you can have a very potent machine.

Wilbur

Banned
If hi res screenshots thread has taught me anything, it's that not any amount of modding can polish the turd that is skyrim. But at least you can make it
look passable.

Eh, to be honest I don't care about graphics that much. I've still plugged 150 hours into PS3 Skyrim with no DLC and its one of my favourite games of all time; I would just like to use all the crazy mods.

Does Skyrim even have a story?

Lots of different ones, yes!

My brother bought a gaming PC to play World of Warcraft & DayZ. I was Livid.

I've never got along with PCs, we've always had Macs in the family so just having a PC is alien to me. But I assume it would cost a fair amount of money (out of my price range anyway) to get something capable of running Skyrim with mods how I'd like to play it, I suppose.

edit: 400 quid isn't too bad actually. Maybe when I have a job aha

If I may add:

To The Moon
Braid
Fez

Edit: Lung got the right idea

Also superior Fallout, aka New Vegas, if it hasn't been mentioned yet.

Braid was great too, still haven't tried Fez but guess I should.

Nah I really liked playing it too, shooting felt good and the pacing was perfect for me, really rarely ever replay any games but did replay uncharted 2 like 3 times just after it was released, really enjoyed it that much, even got some good fun out of the multiplayer.

fuenf

The story in UC2 was amazing, I agree the gameplay isnt that special but they pretty much nailed everything else. I loved the interaction between the main characters, the 'love triangle' and the overall progress of the main storyline. I dont get why they cut most of the other characters out of UC3 :(

ATF487

BAN

Just get a wired xbox controller and an HDMI cable.

Steam's big picture mode is basically trying to give PC gaming a console experience. It does a decent job at the moment

Salvadora

Nope. I really didn't like UC1, and UC3 is very good but not great... but UC2 is fucking sublime. Blew me away, I've finished it like 10 times.

I don't know how someone could do those "boss fights" 10 times. I have nightmares about the end boss and the one on the train.

Also GTA IV ENB, which doubles as a great mastubatory aid

In this situation, anything but ENB.

I used so many hours making GTA4 look perfect with ENB just for me to realize "nope, I still don't want to play this game" after actually playing it for a while, but damn it looks good haha

I don't know how someone could do those "boss fights" 10 times. I have nightmares about the end boss and the one on the train.

Was so good on the hardest unlocked difficulty

kharma45

I've never got along with PCs, we've always had Macs in the family so just having a PC is alien to me. But I assume it would cost a fair amount of money (out of my price range anyway) to get something capable of running Skyrim with mods how I'd like to play it, I suppose.

Well even on an iGPU like the HD 4000 in the 3570K it'll run like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=154aP1CdvNM

Or get an AMD APU and it looks like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Atj6v3nfVgY

Of course YouTube (and software recording) hampers graphical prowess but it runs surprisingly well on low power PC hardware.

Wilbur

Banned
Just get a wired xbox controller and an HDMI cable.

Steam's big picture mode is basically trying to give PC gaming a console experience. It does a decent job at the moment

Yeah, I'm not even going to pretend I understand all tech specs and different models and cables and shit, I'd trust my brother to sort all that out... but really there's not much I'd want a PC for outside of games like Skyrim/Witcher. I'm happy with the PS3. Maybe it helps that I'm not as big on gaming/consoles as a lot of NeoGAF are, I genuinely joined for the football thread specifically :lol

The end one can fuck off, but the train one was great.

I do need to play Demon's Souls more. Like I said the other day, only finished one level, fuck that. Might go get it in a minute and then if I'm still getting frustrated this time, just accept defeat and sell it.

I used so many hours making GTA4 look perfect with ENB just for me to realize "nope, I still don't want to play this game" after actually playing it for a while, but damn it looks good haha

You could argue that making it look good is actually the game. It's more fun than doing missions anyway,

Work gave me a gift card to gamestop (ugh lol) but will need something to buy. Probably going for ICO collection.

It was more that I thought they were badly designed rather than difficultly, although I did die numerous times :p

Especially the ending boss was pretty shit, but didn't really stop me from loving it. :p

kharma45

Buy a new set of in-ear headphones is fucking hard. Any suggestions for sub-£30 set? Been looking at SoundMagic PL21's which I've owned before and RHA MA-350's which seem to be highly rated.

Also came across Radiopaq Custom Tuned IEMs which seem to be going for next to nothing now.

I hope Rockstar do a BULLY 2 after GTA V, first one was brilliant IIRC.

You remember correctly indeed.

I keep forgetting Kharma is that computer geek from "I need a new PC" thread. He might as well be a completely different person.

My new gaming rig has been postponed to January unfortunately :(

kharma45

I'd like to add Killing Floor and Torchlight II to the list of GOTF

Killing Floor is something I've never seen the attraction in, I'd rather just play L4D2.

PS add me on Steam cunts if any of you are on it, I'm jameslove8.

I keep forgetting Kharma is that computer geek from "I need a new PC" thread. He might as well be a completely different person.

My new gaming rig has been postponed to January unfortunately :(

What are you trying to say? :eek:

PS leaving it to Jan pushes you closer to the release of Haswell as well as AMD's new GPUs, but we can see when the time comes.

Top Bottom