• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT10| A Street Ass Named Premier

Wilbur

Banned
GTA Vita; Bully 2; Agent; RDR 2; GTA VI- that´s the order.

I don't really know if I want an RDR 2. As great a game as it was, there isn't enough to expand the world like they can do in a contemporary setting. I just feel like they won't really do much better than they have done with regards to the Old West.

I really want Agent.

Salvadora

Instead of RDR 2 they should try another underappreciated time period. Colonialism could be cool, although the lack of modern guns would deter Rockstar.

Killing Floor is something I've never seen the attraction in, I'd rather just play L4D2.

PS add me on Steam cunts if any of you are on it, I'm jameslove8.

What are you trying to say? :eek:

PS leaving it to Jan pushes you closer to the release of Haswell as well as AMD's new GPUs, but we can see when the time comes.
Post a link to your profile because I can't seem to find you, you lazy cunt. I don't mean anything per se it's just that it's odd to see FootyGaffers having a prominent role in other OTs.

The new line of GPUs have an early Q2 release, no? I'll be fine with a 7970 for a few years and I don't mind a price drop after the new GPUs have released because I need an update now.

Gran Turismo is my game of forever.

The whole franchise.

I grew up with the games, 15 years and I still remember being introduced to the series from a mate. There's no other game franchise I've played every month for most of my life, the series will always be special to me because of that, it also helps that in all those years it's consistently been the best in the genre.

Instead of RDR 2 they should try another underappreciated time period. Colonialism could be cool, although the lack of modern guns would deter Rockstar.
I need more '40s mafia games or maybe the Roaring Twenties with the popularity of Boardwalk Empire.

LA Noire was perhaps one of the most boring games I played last year, but they nailed the atmosphere.

bud23

After GTA IV, Rockstar North worked in Agent as its next game, it was a development hell, so they moved its development to another Rockstar division. If GTA V is going to be released 5 years after GTA IV is just because of Agent´s development.
Anyway, they are planning to launch Agent on the next gen, probably before RDR2 and GTA IV. I´m not kidding.

fuenf

The whole franchise.

I grew up with the games, 15 years and I still remember being introduced to the series from a mate. There's no other game franchise I've played every month for most of my life, the series will always be special to me because of that, it also helps that in all those years it's consistently been the best in the genre.

Yeah Gran Turismo is amazing. It's the only system selling franchise for me. I bought the PS1, PS2 and PS3 because of GT and I loved every single one of the games. As long as they pump out these games I'll gladly buy every Sony console.

After GTA IV, Rockstar North worked in Agent as its next game, it was a development hell, so they moved its development to another Rockstar division. If GTA V is going to be released 5 years after GTA IV is just because of Agent´s development.
Anyway, they are planning to launch Agent on the next gen, probably before RDR2 and GTA IV. I´m not kidding.

OMG, don't get my hopes up!

FootballFan

The whole franchise.

Ohh how did I forget GT5 when I listed my games. GT5 definitely up there.

Great great game.

Lets just get some more tycoon and simulation games, they used to be so awesome but now we barely get anything but dumbed down bullshit for ipads and iphones in the genre.

Yen

Lets just get some more tycoon and simulation games, they used to be so awesome but now we barely get anything but dumbed down bullshit for ipads and iphones in the genre.

and who knows how sim city will turn out knowing ea - always on drm, dlc.

apologies for grammar, i've gone to bed, merry christmas

Jensen

The whole franchise.

I spent so much time on GT 1 to 4 with some fond memories of spending most of the day doing endurance races with friends. I was really looking forward to 5 after playing the prologue but it just felt half-finished on release. I heard the updates have been really good so I might go back to it one day but for me, GT 5 on release was my biggest disappointment this gen.

Mastadon

Banned
I wish they'd make some proper WRPG's again. Baldur's Gate 2 came out over 12 years ago now, and it still hasn't been surpassed.

bud23

image.php

When are you going to do the next podcast? That sexy voice....hmmm...

kharma45

Huh? £5? £10?? Sub-£30?? Heh. Poor people.

I have these.
Audio Technica Ath-ES555

But you poor people can have this one.
Sennheiser HD 202

Cheers for the suggestions but I'm looking for IEMs, never liked over-ear.

Post a link to your profile because I can't seem to find you, you lazy cunt. I don't mean anything per se it's just that it's odd to see FootyGaffers having a prominent role in other OTs.

The new line of GPUs have an early Q2 release, no? I'll be fine with a 7970 for a few years and I don't mind a price drop after the new GPUs have released because I need an update now.

Q1 probably, although by this stage last year AMD had already announced the 7900 series.

Also, for Steam this is me http://steamcommunity.com/id/jameslove

The whole franchise.

Up until GT4 yes, 5 was pretty meh :(

Anyone watch the new Plinkett review? It's a shame we have to wait so long between releases.

Titanic one? going to now.

fuenf

I spent so much time on GT 1 to 4 and I was really looking forward to 5 after playing the prologue but it just felt half-finished on release. I heard the updates have been really good so I might go back to it one day but for me, GT 5 on release was my biggest disappointment this gen.

Don't let the UI / loading times fool you, it's literally the only bad thing about the game (I still dont get how the managed to screw it up that badly, japanese developers...). It's a little bit hard to get into but after a couple of hours it really takes off.

Salvadora

Titanic I assume? Yeah it's great. I don't enjoy Half in the Bag half as much unfortunately. They should focus more on the Plinkett reviews

I actually quite like it when he likes a movie and provides some honest criticism, but it's time to get back to prequel level bad movies. I'm not a fan of Half in the Bag either to be honest.

Hixx

Does anybody else feel like the build up to this christmas has been very subdued? I know there's getting older and that but... I dunno.

LTWheels

Guys, it's about time I got avatar picture. I've settle on a fine specimen, Jose Enrique.

Could anyone turn this picture into an avatar, please?

enrique.jpg

Merry Christmas

Yen

Nope runs fine iirc, haven't played it in about a year or so.

Ok, I thought I saw that mentioned somewhere.

Does anybody else feel like the build up to this christmas has been very subdued? I know there's getting older and that but... I dunno.

This. I'm excited for Christmas now, but normally I'm in the Christmas spirit for weeks in advance. few days ago I thought it was still early December.

Hixx

You know you are getting older when the thing you are most looking forward to on Christmas is the TV.

christmas tv is shit now

Royle Family and Doctor Who for me tomorrow and maybe Peep Show. But Peep Show is just on coz Channel 4 has fuck all else, not really a christmas special or owt.

Scum

So you're not liking the "Continue through this narrow pathway to your next objective" design in contemporary military shooters?

1996-2010mapcomparison.gif

I wish they'd make some proper WRPG's again. Baldur's Gate 2 came out over 12 years ago now, and it still hasn't been surpassed.
I found my Throne of Bhaal disc snapped in two at the bottom of one my boxes. :-(
I need to buy this game again!

Salvadora

christmas tv is shit now

Royle Family and Doctor Who for me tomorrow and maybe Peep Show. But Peep Show is just on coz Channel 4 has fuck all else, not really a christmas special or owt.

I'm livid that the Top Gear Christmas special is airing in January. Mostly looking forward to the new BBC natural history documentary, Africa. David Attenborough is a God.

Jensen

Don't let the UI / loading times fool you, it's literally the only bad thing about the game (I still dont get how the managed to screw it up that badly, japanese developers...). It's a little bit hard to get into but after a couple of hours it really takes off.
That was exactly one of the reasons why I just couldn't get into the game, along with the many of the cars not having the cockpit view. I have heard these issues have been fixed with the updates so I'll probably pick it up again in the near future.

No-one in my family celebrates Christmas so my only involvement with the holiday is watching TV during it and so far the Christmas TV has been really bad this year .

Soo Cloud Atlas is up on the usual sites...;)

Also, can anyone PM me a good site for TV shows? The one I use doesn't do TV shows :(

Is Cloud Atlas in cinemas yet?

I'm halfway through the book. I was thinking about the first chapter earlier. I think maybe that's why I started thinking about 19th century ships and then pirates.

Top Bottom